Robert Woods updated market value per Spotrac

YoloinOhio

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you feel about Tyrod Taylor?

Not sure. Had a great game in Seattle, but really hard to judge at times when we have a pop warner passing attack. That all year has been designed to protect him

Edited by MAJBobby

Austin got 10 and he's never even had a 500 yard season. He did have like 400 something rushing, and has 3 PR TDs but still... MASSIVE overpay - he's their number 1 receiver!

Sanu got 4 years - 6.5 AAV with 14 guaranteed. Jones got 5 years - 8 AAV and 20 guaranteed. He's probably somewhere between there IMO.

Jones had more TDs and projects more as a #1. But #2's still get paid decently - Benjamin got 6 AAV, and Sanu got 6.5, R. Matthews got 5. I know we wanna say he's worth 6 - but he's as good as all of them and it's 1 year later and the caps a little bit higher so his cap % should be the same per his agent.

7-8 seems fair to me, 4 year deal.

I was going to post these numbers yesterday, but was too lazy. This is great. Thanks!

If you project out this season, jones and sanu are going to have around 65 catches. Sanu about 600 yards; jones may have more if he has some more monster games, but I am guessing he will be around 900 yards. Austin looks to be on track for like 50-60 catches but not many yards; less than 500 if I had to guess.

So, the question is whether you pay a guy like woods $9M per year and around $15M guaranteed for, at best, 60 receptions and 600 yards. That's probably best case scenario too since sanu and jones have top tier guys in good passing offenses throwing to them. Here in our offense with TT and s healthy Sammy, not sure woods would be as productive.

Objective like a weathervane, lol.

Well after SEA got me thinking a bit did opening up the offense like they did actually help his play, and he has been struggling for most of the year. Or was it an anomaly. I tend to think the later but this Season at this point is at best 8-8 and a major decision what to do at QB. So it is a week to week evaluation for me anyway

Well after SEA got me thinking a bit did opening up the offense like they did actually help his play, and he has been struggling for most of the year. Or was it an anomaly. I tend to think the later but this Season at this point is at best 8-8 and a major decision what to do at QB. So it is a week to week evaluation for me anyway

Yeah - if we aren't going to make the playoffs anyway why not let this guy go down slinging it

I was going to post these numbers yesterday, but was too lazy. This is great. Thanks!

If you project out this season, jones and sanu are going to have around 65 catches. Sanu about 600 yards; jones may have more if he has some more monster games, but I am guessing he will be around 900 yards. Austin looks to be on track for like 50-60 catches but not many yards; less than 500 if I had to guess.

So, the question is whether you pay a guy like woods $9M per year and around $15M guaranteed for, at best, 60 receptions and 600 yards. That's probably best case scenario too since sanu and jones have top tier guys in good passing offenses throwing to them. Here in our offense with TT and s healthy Sammy, not sure woods would be as productive.

Sanu and Jones both came from a passing offense with a solid QB and a top dog peeling coverage. Garcon and woods are fairly similar, and Garcon had some really solid years in Indy that helped him get paid. I could see Woods in Indy or Washington and having some pretty productive years.

Washington has Crowder and Doctson, but Woods can play inside or outside. Colts have TY and Moncrief, could probably use a woods in the slot, and their running game could use his blocking.

Yeah - if we aren't going to make the playoffs anyway why not let this guy go down slinging it

Sanu and Jones both came from a passing offense with a solid QB and a top dog peeling coverage. Garcon and woods are fairly similar, and Garcon had some really solid years in Indy that helped him get paid. I could see Woods in Indy or Washington and having some pretty productive years.

Washington has Crowder and Doctson, but Woods can play inside or outside. Colts have TY and Moncrief, could probably use a woods in the slot, and their running game could use his blocking.

Indy would be a great landing spot. If I am woods, I go to Indy, even if it means getting paid a bit below market. He could shine there, either in the slot or in place of Moncrief.

Indy would be a great landing spot. If I am woods, I go to Indy, even if it means getting paid a bit below market. He could shine there, either in the slot or in place of Moncrief.

they have a lot of money tied up in te and wr. i could see minny sending him some money. ap has an 18 mil cap number but no dead money if cut...treadwell not working out for some reason. give bradford some help there.

hogan is on pace for about 700 yards and making 5 mil per i think. woods is having a career year this year so far. this is where some foresight could have been had and we could get similary production with hogan and maybe have traded woods.

Hogan is more considered there number 3 though, no? Edelman and Amendola gotta be ahead of him on the depth chart

Woods has shown his stuff over several seasons....not as explosive as Sammy, but somewhat more durible..even though he has been injured a lot. Sammy, imho, has not yet earned a big deal coming up after his first contract. CAn't pay off big on potential...have to have seen the goods. Haven't seen that w/ Sammy yet. Brittle....reminds me of Paul Paulzony....back a few year....he was brittle in Buffalo...and signed elsewhere (Jacksonville) Still there playing so so...collecting on his big deal.....a good decision to let him walk. Managing this cap stuff is tough...for sure.

Hogan is more considered there number 3 though, no? Edelman and Amendola gotta be ahead of him on the depth chart

NO, I think Hogan is the #2......amendola is #3...Hogan has better deep speed than DA by far.

Edited by bigK14094

Woods has shown his stuff over several seasons....not as explosive as Sammy, but somewhat more durible..even though he has been injured a lot. Sammy, imho, has not yet earned a big deal coming up after his first contract. CAn't pay off big on potential...have to have seen the goods. Haven't seen that w/ Sammy yet. Brittle....reminds me of Paul Paulzony....back a few year....he was brittle in Buffalo...and signed elsewhere (Jacksonville) Still there playing so so...collecting on his big deal.....a good decision to let him walk. Managing this cap stuff is tough...for sure.

NO, I think Hogan is the #2......amendola is #3...Hogan has better deep speed than DA by far.

Hogan has been ruled out for this week with a back injury - just FYI for anyone who was thinking of playing him Edited by YoloinOhio

I am excited for tomorrows game.....the Seattle game was the first game in a while where TT actually had some semblence of NFL pass catchers (Harvin in a limited role.....Woods health improviing out of the walking boot)

Percy starts tomorrow....Woods is good....Hunter is turning into a touchdown machine.....oh and....Shady might actually be completely healthy.

Lets see.

Woods is going to get paid...he had better numbers going into this year than either Mohammed Sanu or Marvin Jones and look at the money they got...

Bills aren't going to be able to afford him...unfortunate because it looks like he might finally be starting to come into his own

How do you feel about Tyrod Taylor?

We have been very productive scoring which is the most important thing. Have averaged 25 points per game over the past 2 seasons with him at QB which should be enough offensively to have a better record than we do....

Defense has continuously let us down by not being able to keep teams out of the end zone which is why we have the record we do over that period of time.

We aren't the greatest show on turf offensively but we are surprisingly productive when you look at points per game

Tough to think Woods is here next season. He will probably have more value to other teams with offenses that fit his skill set better than the Bills' scheme. Plus the Bills will have less to spend than many other teams and more important holes to fill with what they do have.