I want Romo!!!

Protocal69

What exactly does that mean? Get done what?

winning seven games in a row throwing to 'my foot feels great until i have an average game, then in that case it's really bothering me' watkins, woods prone on the ground, harvin in the backfield ready to receive multiple fake reversi, and charles clay short-arming passes a foot over his head. get it done or else we move on to Romo!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just leave this here:

2008 -- Broken right pinkie finger. He missed three games that ultimately cost the Cowboys a chance at making the playoffs. They went 1-2 without Romo and lost a winner-take-all season finale at the Philadelphia Eagles. After that game, Romo collapsed in the shower because of a rib injury.

Entering this season Tony Romo had started 16 games in just four of his nine full seasons as the Dallas Cowboys' starter. Kirby Lee/USA TODAY Sports

2010 -- Broken left collarbone. He suffered the injury in the first half against the New York Giants when fullback Chris Gronkowski failed to pick up linebacker Michael Boley. Romo missed 10 games but was not placed on injured reserve until the second-to-last week of the season. The Cowboys went 5-5 in Romo's absence with Jon Kitna winning four times and Stephen McGee once.

2013 -- Ruptured disk. Romo missed a winner-take-all meeting in Week 17 against the Eagles after undergoing a discectomy two days before the game. Romo actually suffered the injury in a thrilling 24-23 win against the Washington Redskins in which he delivered the game-winning touchdown pass on fourth down. With Kyle Orton starting, the Cowboys lost to the Eagles 24-22.

2014 -- Two transverse process fractures. He missed the Nov. 2 meeting against the Arizona Cardinals after he was kneed in the back by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson. He returned for the final two series after X-rays were negative. Brandon Weeden started against the Cardinals, and the Cowboys lost 28-17.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. Romo suffered the injury in the second game of the season when he was sacked by Eagles linebacker Jordan Hicks, who landed on top of him in the third quarter. The Cowboys beat Philadelphia but lost the next seven games with Weeden and Matt Cassel as their starting quarterbacks.

2015 -- Broken left collarbone. In his second game back, Romo was knocked out on the final play of the third quarter, when he was sacked by Carolina Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis. While Romo's previous fractures had healed, he suffered a re-break in the healed portion. He missed the final five games of the season. The Cowboys won just once (at Washington) without Romo all season.

2016 -- Compression fracture, L1 vertebra. On the third play of Thursday's preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks, Romo was driven into the turf while sliding by defensive end Cliff Avril. After the game, Romo said he felt good and Jerry Jones said he expected Romo to be ready for the regular-season opener. Romo had an MRI on Friday, which showed the break. A source said he is looking at a 6-10 week recovery period. Rookie Dak Prescott will start in Romo's absence.

Such a Debbie Downer!

Look on the bright side: compared to Evel Knievel, Romo is in pristine, showroom-new condition!

53fe31df65158.preview-620.jpg

the-many-injuries-of-evel-knievel1.png

Edited by Fadingpain

Considering Romo isn't coming to Buffalo, we are out of the playoffs for a 17th consecutive year, and we are just kicking around the same old crap Bills fans kick around at this time of year...

...can we just turn this into an Evel Knievel thread?

lb1117.jpg

You're trying to compare a ceiling we've all seen to a ceiling we can't possibly know.

Can't possibly know? Taylor had a luxury not afforded to all young QBs in the league, playing behind a good QB and being brought along slowly. When he was deemed ready he made the move to Buffalo and has played in many games now. His ceiling may not be completely identified, but I'd say the general area has been clearly established. Now can Romo stay healthy enough to be an asset and get to his ceiling again particularly with the Bills O-Line, who knows. But it's pretty clear that Taylors general area ceiling is far below Romo's ceiling, IMO.

After careful consideration and putting the bow on the box after hearing his press conference today, I officially want the BILLS to go after Romo next year. I love looking at Tyrod Taylor when everything is humming but your record says you are who you are.

I know ROMO back is messed up but if he sits out this year which it looks like is going to happen that will give Romo a whole year to heal up. Can you imagine our offense with a healthy Romo and us upgrading a OL in the offseason.

I know its a risk and I'm not Whaley but who would you rather pay 20 million dollars to next year. Tyrod or Romo. I'll give Tyrod a chance to finish the season but if he does not look like a top 10 QB by the end of the season I would talk to Dallas to see what they want for Romo.

If he couldn't stay healthy behind the Dallas OL then wtf do you think would happen here? No thanks to aging, past their prime, veteran QB's.

If he couldn't stay healthy behind the Dallas OL then wtf do you think would happen here? No thanks to aging, past their prime, veteran QB's.

I guess you prefer aging, journeymen QBs whose ceilings don't include playoff games.

To each their own.

I guess you prefer aging, journeymen QBs whose ceilings don't include playoff games.

To each their own.

Romo wouldn't be around long enough to get us anywhere near the playoffs. He might even pull a Kevin Kolb. It would be like putting glass ornaments on a Christmas tree when you have a bunch of toddlers running around. It's not a question of if they get broken, it's when.

After careful consideration and putting the bow on the box after hearing his press conference today, I officially want the BILLS to go after Romo next year. I love looking at Tyrod Taylor when everything is humming but your record says you are who you are.

I know ROMO back is messed up but if he sits out this year which it looks like is going to happen that will give Romo a whole year to heal up. Can you imagine our offense with a healthy Romo and us upgrading a OL in the offseason.

I know its a risk and I'm not Whaley but who would you rather pay 20 million dollars to next year. Tyrod or Romo. I'll give Tyrod a chance to finish the season but if he does not look like a top 10 QB by the end of the season I would talk to Dallas to see what they want for Romo.

I don't, with a stiff wind he gets hurt and has a Bad Contract

To each their own.

Who is the aging journeyman QB, with a ceiling below the playoffs that you are referring too? The Bills have a 27 year-old QB that his old team and old OC (Kubiak) desperately wanted to keep. That really isn't a journeyman (at all). Clearly he doesn't fit the description. Are you talking about Fitz or Hoyer? Those are the only free agents that seem to fit like that. Matt Schaub fits aging and journeyman but went to the playoffs I think. I'm confused?

Can't possibly know? Taylor had a luxury not afforded to all young QBs in the league, playing behind a good QB and being brought along slowly. When he was deemed ready he made the move to Buffalo and has played in many games now. His ceiling may not be completely identified, but I'd say the general area has been clearly established. Now can Romo stay healthy enough to be an asset and get to his ceiling again particularly with the Bills O-Line, who knows. But it's pretty clear that Taylors general area ceiling is far below Romo's ceiling, IMO.

what a luxury, come up behind a "good" QB and then get shipped off to Buffalo where we don't know wtf we're doing. he's in his second full year and we treat him like a 6th year guy. we're so starved for a QB that no one gets a chance. i'm not even going to get into the fact that there is NO ONE to throw a ball to.