Rumor: Some in Bills org want to move on from Dareus

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dareus pick wasn't my favorite but he was a high end prospect. He's been a really good player when on the field. At times he is completely unblockable. That draft might be the best ever so it's easy to second guess but the Bills got a perennial Pro Bowler. It's tough to complain about that even with the talent that went after him.

AJ Green went #4, he went #3. I think MD was a great draft pick who went to the wrong team at the wrong time.

Why do you say that? The top 3 picks were the three consensus best choices that year. This was a bpa pick and the Bills cannot be faulted for picking MD. His problems are solely on MD himself

Why do you say that? The top 3 picks were the three consensus best choices that year. This was a bpa pick and the Bills cannot be faulted for picking MD. His problems are solely on MD himself

Had we taken a WR with the number #3 this board would have imploded.

I'm not totally excusing MD, but he's had no true veteran leadership on the team & undisciplined coaching staffs for the most part. Bruce turned it around big-time, and I think having players like Talley around played a big part.

If he plays well , then we do not want to trade his F A. See the dilemma ?

he really has screwed us whilst laughing all the way to the pot clinic

I suspect that he is who he has shown us to he is. He has played very well at times in the past and if he returns to that form that is exactly when to trade him because he will also likely let the Bills down again by doing something else stupid.

he's a knucklehead, but on the field he's a beast. We will have to deal with it and hope for the best.

I think you have broken it down to the basic elements.

well done btw

I suspect that he is who he has shown us to he is. He has played very well at times in the past and if he returns to that form that is exactly when to trade him because he will also likely let the Bills down again by doing something else stupid.

I do not expect a whole sale change from him.

But i am not sure trading him is the answer, yet...

Could you imagine? If we drafted Julio, Whaley would not have given away the store for Watkins, although I suspect he would have traded the picks for someone else.

Except he wouldnt have....he would have taken a TE who has done nothing in the league

The Marcel pick was not a bad one.....when his head is screwed on straight he is one of the best DT's in the league......

the question is how do the bills fix this with him

Except he wouldnt have....he would have taken a TE who has done nothing in the league

The Marcel pick was not a bad one.....when his head is screwed on straight he is one of the best DT's in the league......

the question is how do the bills fix this with him

Whaley was going to take a bad player....is a positive.

What a time to be alive.

The way I see it... this is a Dareus version of a season debilitating injury. If he, I don't know, tore his hamstring early in camp and had to sit out 9 weeks, for it, we wouldn't be as upset. He !@#$ed up judgment wise, and tweaked some things coming back into football shape, in the end, its missed time just like a major injury, it happens, life moves on. If he does this every season, I'd be concerned, but frankly he's been on the field and productive more than he's been off the field, so I'm fine. Disappointed, but fine.

The way I see it... this is a Dareus version of a season debilitating injury. If he, I don't know, tore his hamstring early in camp and had to sit out 9 weeks, for it, we wouldn't be as upset. He !@#$ed up judgment wise, and tweaked some things coming back into football shape, in the end, its missed time just like a major injury, it happens, life moves on. If he does this every season, I'd be concerned, but frankly he's been on the field and productive more than he's been off the field, so I'm fine. Disappointed, but fine.

The only worry is it's clearly not the first issue with drugs or being out of shape.

Could you imagine? If we drafted Julio Whaley would not have given away the store for Watkins, although I suspect he would have traded the picks for someone else.

we'd have had stevie julio opposite each other for a couple years with fitz slinging it.