Rumor: Some in Bills org want to move on from Dareus

YoloinOhio

Maybe Dareus just doesn't want to play Nose Tackle in this defense and is coming up with all sorts of injury excuses. Maybe he just got Haynesworth disease and decided it's just not worth working when your bank account is overflowing with free money.

Either way it's on the player regardless of who picked him, who signed him or who coached him.

We have a winner! They use to call it fat and happy. This bud is for you!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean by "this mess", the NFL, I agree.

Otherwise your statement makes no sense at all.

How many times did Dareus drop into coverage last year?

How does that statement not make sense? He does not like Rex or the Ryan scheme.

Rex left the jets and they were a tire fire.

Since Rex has gotten here the Bills have been crap on defense.

Dareus dropped into coverage several times last year. I recall many threads asking why all d-lineman were dropping into coverage.

Dareus should drop into coverage maybe 1 time every 5th game.

Edited by CountDorkula

These things keep "happening" here and get excused away.

If you are committing that kind of guaranteed, inescapable money to a player... you better be very, very certain that the player has enough fire in his belly and will still commit to being the best he can be to build his own and the team's legacy. I would say, at least with what we know publicly, there was plenty of reason to question what Dareus' potential commitment level would be once he was paid the big guaranteed bucks. It isn't surprising. The Bills management messed up, as per usual.

As far as "moving on" from him. Its impossible. They/we are stuck with that slab

I know its a broken record, but this organization desperately needs someone from the outside to come in at the top level and fix the incompetence.

Terry Pegula: Thank you. After an extensive search, conducted by myself, Kim (Pegula), Russ (Brandon), and Doug Whaley, the Buffalo Bills have hired a new head coach and that coach is Rex Ryan.

cannot find a link to the following if it did happen

Russ Brandon told Terry Pegula to not let Rex Ryan out of building after 2nd interview. ..

Unfortunately, it was their fault for giving him the heavily guaranteed player-friendly contract that apparently had no clauses for suspensions, weight, etc.

Bingo yet Teflon Doug will catch no sharpnel for this same as with the Kings Ransom he paid for Watkins in a buyers market of WR's.

Terry Pegula: Thank you. After an extensive search, conducted by myself, Kim (Pegula), Russ (Brandon), and Doug Whaley, the Buffalo Bills have hired a new head coach and that coach is Rex Ryan.
cannot find a link to the following if it did happen
Russ Brandon told Terry Pegula to not let Rex Ryan out of building after 2nd interview. ..

This again?

Pegula was very clear about how the process went down...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

“It was funny because at the start of the process Kim and Terry asked me who my favorite was and I said, ‘You can’t go in with any preconceived notions of what you want and what you like. You’ve got to go in with an open mind so you don’t have any biases,’” said Whaley. “And at that point Kim said, ‘Well then how do you know?’ I said, ‘Unfortunately it’s like when I asked people who were married and I was single. How do you know? You just know.’ And when we got to that point we all looked at each other and knew that Rex was the guy who we wanted to be our next head coach.”

- Doug Whaley

This again?

Pegula was very clear about how the process went down...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/How-the-Bills-decided-on-Rex-Ryan-as-head-coach/aa1cc736-b6c4-4af7-bfe9-4aba573bf0fd

“It was funny because at the start of the process Kim and Terry asked me who my favorite was and I said, ‘You can’t go in with any preconceived notions of what you want and what you like. You’ve got to go in with an open mind so you don’t have any biases,’” said Whaley. “And at that point Kim said, ‘Well then how do you know?’ I said, ‘Unfortunately it’s like when I asked people who were married and I was single. How do you know? You just know.’ And when we got to that point we all looked at each other and knew that Rex was the guy who we wanted to be our next head coach.”

- Doug Whaley

I'm confused as to who we put under the guillotine? Is it Rex? Russ? Whaley? Kim and Terry? Chuck Lester? Overdorf? Buddy Nix? This is so confusing. I know that someone needs their head chopped off but can't figure out whom? I am going to go with former Buffalo Bills RB Lennox Gordon. He needs to be held accountable!!!

We should hold court like in the Dark Knight Rises where they can choose death or marooning.

Green went 4 to Cincinnati.

Actually, all of the non-QBs taken in the top 12 have been really good football players:

1. Cam Newton

2. Von Miller

3. Dareus

4. AJ Green

5. Patrick Peterson

6. Julio Jones

7. Aldon Smith

8. Jake Locker

9. Tyron Smith

10. Blaine Gabbert

11. JJ Watt

12. Christian Ponder

even behind that is Nick Fairley at 13 who isnt exciting, but then Robert Quinn, Mike Pouncey, Ryan Kerrigan, Nate Solder, corey liuget

that top half of that draft was just excellent. the only flops have been QB and off field issues.

Edited by NoSaint

even behind that is Nick Fairley at 13 who isnt exciting, but then Robert Quinn, Mike Pouncey, Ryan Kerrigan, Nate Solder, corey liuget

that top half of that draft was just excellent. the only flops have been QB and off field issues.

Yep...it was the antithesis of the 2013 draft

Help me out here: how do any of us get to know what's actually in a player's contract? I know we're told stuff like, "it's for three years, two guaranteed, with such and such a signing bonus" and so on. Is it available online, in full? Are just the highlights made public? I'd really like to see Dareus's full contract.

I am wondering the same, as I have eagerly awaited his return...for what it's worth, the old San Jose still has an active account

I've missd that red cow. The conversations all of us would have. DrD. Sjbf. Mrags. You. I. Billinnyc. We were on a different level.

Help me out here: how do any of us get to know what's actually in a player's contract? I know we're told stuff like, "it's for three years, two guaranteed, with such and such a signing bonus" and so on. Is it available online, in full? Are just the highlights made public? I'd really like to see Dareus's full contract.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/marcell-dareus-7718/

Thanks. The site appears to be just about the money aspects although it teases more contract info if you sign up for the premium service, which I'm not going to do. They must get the details from somewhere authoritative which I guess must be the league office. Anyone know if that info is available to the general public?