Rumor: Some in Bills org want to move on from Dareus

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do we think the "execs" are that want to move on? I assume overdorf, Whaley, pegs all signed off on the contract but that doesn't mean they don't regret it. Monos might be one who looks at that and shakes his head now. I like a lot of things Whaley has done but Monos seems more practical whenever I've heard him interviewed (jmo of course)

This makes sense to me.

>>>>>Typically, a drug policy violation would allow the Bills to get out of all guarantees, but a rare clause in his contract limited the punishment to only the year of the misstep. In other words, Dareus’ 2016 guarantees went out the window, but all other guarantees through 2021 remained untouched.<<<<<

Would anybody like to once again sing the praises of Whaley? Just another example, maybe the biggest of all, of Whaley pissing away the resources of this football team. He really needs to go.

The Dareus contract guarantee structure is easily my biggest beef with Whaley. Even though I accept that Overdorf is probably most directly responsible for the de facto structure of the contract, there's no way that it gets okayed without Whaley's eyes on it.

Since when is Darus a failure? He was the MVP of this defense the last 2 years.

You forgot to add Peyton Manning if we would have traded up.

Carson Wentz if we would have traded up

Tom Brady WAS A 6TH ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well yes, but I was looking more at guys drafted directly behind (or close) to where we picked, clearly you can have a super team of Brady - Gronk - Antonio Brown etc with hindsight being 20/20.

While I tend to think of the last 5 drafts as hits for the most part, looking back on what could have been (save your comments, I know hindsight is 20/20 and a waste of time):

2011 - Patrick Peterson instead of Dareus

2012 - Fletcher Cox or Dontari Poe instead of Gilmore

2013 - Anyone instead of EJ, but we could have gotten Deandre Hopkins / Kawaan Short / Leveon Bell instead of EJ / Woods / Kiko

2014 - Mack if moving up / obviously ODB or Aaron Donald ( or even Zack Martin) if staying put

:cry:

You left out the worst of them all---Wilson instead of TJ Graham.

The Dareus contract guarantee structure is easily my biggest beef with Whaley. Even though I accept that Overdorf is probably most directly responsible for the de facto structure of the contract, there's no way that it gets okayed without Whaley's eyes on it.

Yep

Can you imagine the balls of Dareus' representative to even suggest that or demand that? "Look I know that my guy has a history of failing drug tests but that's not going to impact what the guaranteed money. If he fails, he still gets his money." That's inexcusable

Yep

Can you imagine the balls of Dareus' representative to even suggest that or demand that? "Look I know that my guy has a history of failing drug tests but that's not going to impact what the guaranteed money. If he fails, he still gets his money." That's inexcusable

That seems to be how the Bills operate now. I refer you to Marios contract and the crazy Rex Ryan contract.

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that negotiation table. Bills FO got pwned.

That seems to be how the Bills operate now. I refer you to Marios contract and the crazy Rex Ryan contract.

what about Marrone's? Hey, you can leave if you want if Ralph passes away but you have to take 4 million to do so. K?

You left out the worst of them all---Wilson instead of TJ Graham.

Yeah, I was screaming at the TV when that happened. It's an absolute exercise in masochism (and thank god we aren't the Browns) but looking back at old drafts are very interesting. We took Kelvin Sheppard just before Justin Houston went (obviously he turned into Hughes so it's a win). In 2012 (the Wilson draft) we had 2 picks at 144 & 147 where we got Zebrie Sanders and Tank Carder, Josh Norman went 143 and Malik Jackson went 137. So far there is only 1 Pro Bowler who went after pick 69 in the 2013 draft (Latavius Murray at 181), it was a bit of a crap draft, we got Robey undrafted and he might push to be a 1st rounder if there was a redraft of that year now.

They interviewed Wilson about this the week before the MNF game. Obviously he played with TJ Graham at nc state and earnestly talked about what a great pick it was :lol: cuz that's his boy. Then he talked about his pre-draft visit to Buffalo and he came in with Chandler Jones and Trent Richardson and Bills took them to Encore for wings. He was so sincere in saying how cool and nice it was.

Edited by YoloinOhio

They interviewed Wilson about this the week before the MNF game. Obviously he played with TJ Graham at nc state and earnestly talked about what a great pick it was :lol: cuz that's his boy. Then he talked about his pre-draft visit to Buffalo and he came in with Chandler Jones and Trent Richardson and Bills took them to Encore for wings.

Now i'm convinced no one has a clue!

Since when is Darus a failure? He was the MVP of this defense the last 2 years.

You forgot to add Peyton Manning if we would have traded up.

Carson Wentz if we would have traded up

Tom Brady WAS A 6TH ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could have had Bronko Nagurski if someone had the damned sense to have a franchise. Fire Whaley!

Giving massive contract with no team protection to an at risk player is a bigger !@#$ up than trading up for a WR in a deep WR draft class. Sure Whaley "added talent" but we're still not where we need to be and hasn't been relevant in the Salary Cap era.

Your criticisms of Whaley are way off base!

He is a brilliant GM. I've read it here many times!

If I was a coach I would put out in public that I am not happy with Dareus's motivation and work ethic. Trying to baby him definitely doesn't help.

Any many times you see it posted here Whaley isn't good... So what are you saying?

It is my opinion that Doug Whaley's talents are being wasted in Buffalo. I think, with the right owner, he would be an amazing GM.

except he's playing well

They have been letting every good player bend them over the barrel. It's catching up to them quickly, Shady is their savior right now if he was hobbled all season change wouldn't even be debatable. They also threw money at TT in August...

As Colin Cowherd said Buffalo doesn't know what it is doing, how can you give money to Fitz and TT in August? Same ole, they need to get everyone out of there and start new.