Bright Side of Weed Legalization In Certain States

PolishDave

I have a friend who made a compelling argument that as weed becomes legal and more mainstream, you will no longer be forced to deal with "drug dealers" who expose you too all the other stuff, which can be much worse. It will be more like going to a cross between Walgreens and Starbucks. I can't do it justice, but he made a great argument.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok folks, I have a first dibs on about 200 acres in Humbolt County ( Northern California weed county of the USA) there is a house and a good well ( That's important) most places don't have access to legal water. We can start a consortium to grow legal weed. Anyone interested PM me.

If you're serious, this is going to be a very difficult business to be in. As more growers come on, supply is going to skyrocket and prices are going to continue to fall. People are putting together business plans based on pricing that will not be reality. Better off selling the picks and shovels...

All I'm saying is as marijuana becomes legal in more states you will likely see a continued rise in the use of drugs such as heroin and meth. If that doesn't concern you then so be it.

There is no reason to believe that is the case. If anything four years (if we survive that long) of the Trump administration will trigger an increase in the use of intoxicants.

All I'm saying is as marijuana becomes legal in more states you will likely see a continued rise in the use of drugs such as heroin and meth. If that doesn't concern you then so be it.

Curious, why do you see the use of these other drugs increasing? I'm not arguing that point, but I'd like to hear your reasoning. I've got an interesting (and somewhat self-conflicting) perspective on this, but want to see how similar it is.

Edited by Augie

We smoked Morning Glory seeds one time. Got a splitting headache, but no buzz.

Hoped you washed the chemical coating off before smoking them but be careful not to soak too long or you will start cold water extraction and lose some of the LSA. The best are Heavenly Blue or Pearly Gates. Anyway, it would be better to use ethanol extraction than cold water. Just search...it's out there. Actually, better to forego the MG seeds and use Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. Remove any furry stuff on the outside of these seeds and also remove the outer shell. No active fun ingredients in there and will get rid of the trace cyanide present. That way you won't barf. You only need a dozen or so of these seeds compared to hundreds of the MG seeds. After removing fur, quick wash, and removal of the outer shell you can toss them down. If you enjoy being sciency then use the ethanol extraction. Happy sailing!

Edited by Mr Info

Hoped you washed the chemical coating off before smoking them but be careful not to soak too long or you will start cold water extraction and lose some of the LSA. The best are Heavenly Blue or Pearly Gates. Anyway, it would be better to use ethanol extraction than cold water. Just search...it's out there. Actually, better to forego the MG seeds and use Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. Remove any furry stuff on the outside of these seeds and also remove the outer shell. No active fun ingredients in there and will get rid of the trace cyanide present. That way you won't barf. You only need a dozen or so of these seeds compared to hundreds of the MG seeds. After removing fur, quick wash, and removal of the outer shell you can toss them down. If you enjoy being sciency then use the ethanol extraction. Happy sailing!

Wow...you should go into weed consulting.

Thanks man, but I am not 15 anymore. If I chose to, I could acquire really, really good quality marijuana within the hour. I just don't puff anymore...maybe once or twice a year if there is a special occasion. Smoking MG seeds was done out of desperation! Haha.

BTW, how do you know all of this?

Curious, why do you see the use of these other drugs increasing? I'm not arguing that point, but I'd like to hear your reasoning. I've got an interesting (and somewhat self-conflicting) perspective on this, but want to see how similar it is.

Simple. You take away a cash cow they (the cartels for one) will find other places to make money. Folks it's already happening.

There is no reason to believe that is the case. If anything four years (if we survive that long) of the Trump administration will trigger an increase in the use of intoxicants.

It's already happening. I place part of the blame of the increase in heroin use on the fact that drug dealers are losing one of their products. So they are pushing other products.

Simple. You take away a cash cow they (the cartels for one) will find other places to make money. Folks it's already happening.

Wait, I thought you said the cartels found that these other drugs were way more profitable? So why wouldn't they switch to these other drugs regardless of legality?

Man, I just may have to change my stance on legalization. I didn't realize that because of pot legalization, more people will be forced to use heroin!

In one sentence you say legalization won't hurt the cartels, now we are taking away their cash cow! :lol:

Thanks man, but I am not 15 anymore. If I chose to, I could acquire really, really good quality marijuana within the hour. I just don't puff anymore...maybe once or twice a year if there is a special occasion. Smoking MG seeds was done out of desperation! Haha.

BTW, how do you know all of this?

In another part of my life I was an organic/synthetic chemist. Btw, what I originally posted has nothing to do with weed. It pertains to LSA which is why people use the MG seeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergine

Edited by Mr Info

I place part of the blame of the increase in heroin use on the fact that drug dealers are losing one of their products. So they are pushing other products.

Drug dealers don't push products on people. The market is already there. The best part of selling drugs is the business comes to you. No matter what you have if someone wants it they will come to you. I have never once had something pushed on me. Heroin use has gone up because prescription pill use/prescribing has gone up. For all the nonsense the Feds push about the war on drugs they allow a lot of awful legal nonsense. I even saw a commercial for opiod induced constipation meds last week. I feel like I am taking crazy pills talking to people about marijuana use and legalization. People are perfectly okay with their teenage kids getting prescribed percocet, xanax, and hosts of other highly addictive substances but can't stand the thought of their kids ingesting marijuana.

Weed isn't bad this countries obsession with prescription pills is. It can be psychologically addicting but that is a much easier habit to break than something that is physically addicting and it happens in rare cases. It won't kill you as it is impossible to od on. It won't cause you to steal from loved ones to get your next fix. The worst it will do is make you lazy and hungry.

How marijuana ended up being more demonized than alcohol is beyond me. Ask yourself if you know anyone who turns into an a**hole when they drink. Now ask yourself if you have even ever heard of someone turning into an a**hole after smoking weed. Alcoholism is rampant in this country and we are bombarded by beer ads and prescription ads that are twice as long because they have to list all the side effects however the thought of weed be legalized is terrifying to some. I just don't get it.

Drug dealers don't push products on people. The market is already there. The best part of selling drugs is the business comes to you. No matter what you have if someone wants it they will come to you. I have never once had something pushed on me. Heroin use has gone up because prescription pill use/prescribing has gone up. For all the nonsense the Feds push about the war on drugs they allow a lot of awful legal nonsense. I even saw a commercial for opiod induced constipation meds last week. I feel like I am taking crazy pills talking to people about marijuana use and legalization. People are perfectly okay with their teenage kids getting prescribed percocet, xanax, and hosts of other highly addictive substances but can't stand the thought of their kids ingesting marijuana.

Weed isn't bad this countries obsession with prescription pills is. It can be psychologically addicting but that is a much easier habit to break than something that is physically addicting and it happens in rare cases. It won't kill you as it is impossible to od on. It won't cause you to steal from loved ones to get your next fix. The worst it will do is make you lazy and hungry.

How marijuana ended up being more demonized than alcohol is beyond me. Ask yourself if you know anyone who turns into an a**hole when they drink. Now ask yourself if you have even ever heard of someone turning into an a**hole after smoking weed. Alcoholism is rampant in this country and we are bombarded by beer ads and prescription ads that are twice as long because they have to list all the side effects however the thought of weed be legalized is terrifying to some. I just don't get it.

Good post, thank you. If anything cannabis can actually help in this battle as an alternative to the opiod pain relievers that get so many hooked

In another part of my life I was an organic/synthetic chemist. Btw, what I originally posted has nothing to do with weed. It pertains to LSA which is why people use the MG seeds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergine

Gotcha. Very interesting stuff, and I thank you for posting. I'll have to be on the lookout in the future for seed packets in my children's sock drawers ;)

Wait, I thought you said the cartels found that these other drugs were way more profitable? So why wouldn't they switch to these other drugs regardless of legality?

Man, I just may have to change my stance on legalization. I didn't realize that because of pot legalization, more people will be forced to use heroin!

In one sentence you say legalization won't hurt the cartels, now we are taking away their cash cow! :lol:

I take it you've never run a business before. You have a business plan that works you stay with it. However there is legislation risk. If legislation forces you to change your business plan you do so. That's what the cartels are doing. They are in the black market business. One of their products becomes less profitable because the black market for it is reduced or eliminated so they move to another black market product. Why they didn't do it before is because they didn't have to. I think they are now realized that heroin is a better product because not only are the margins greater it's addictive. Double whammy.

I take it you've never run a business before. You have a business plan that works you stay with it. However there is legislation risk. If legislation forces you to change your business plan you do so. That's what the cartels are doing. They are in the black market business. One of their products becomes less profitable because the black market for it is reduced or eliminated so they move to another black market product. Why they didn't do it before is because they didn't have to. I think they are now realized that heroin is a better product because not only are the margins greater it's addictive. Double whammy.

Interesting. Teach me more about business and how just by producing more of something people have to buy it.

Anyone that knows anything about the heroin epidemic knows that supply is not an issue. It is everywhere and dirt cheap.

Interesting. Teach me more about business and how just by producing more of something people have to buy it.

Anyone that knows anything about the heroin epidemic knows that supply is not an issue. It is everywhere and dirt cheap.

When you're dealing with a highly addictive product supply can drive demand. That's why drug dealers are called pusher. We're not talking about soft drinks or your typical supply and demand products. You have a highly addictive product that is everywhere and cheap that is an issue.

When you're dealing with a highly addictive product supply can drive demand. That's why drug dealers are called pusher. We're not talking about soft drinks or your typical supply and demand products. You have a highly addictive product that is everywhere and cheap that is an issue.

Now tie in for me how pot comes into play?

I just couldn't disagree more. Drug dealers offer and sell what people want. Are you telling me just because these mythical dealers have heroin more people are going to want it? If you got to your weed guy for weed and he offers you heroin you aren't buying it. If you want heroin you find someone who has heroin. The cartels may decide to push heroin or they may decide to push other illicit drugs or they may get into something else altogether. If you think the demand for heroin is anywhere in the same neighborhood as the demand for weed then you are just wrong.

Nearly half (49%) of Americans say they have tried marijuana, and 12% in the past year, which the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health says is the most commonly used illicit drug in the U.S. The government survey showed that 18.9 million Americans 12 or older (7.3%) had used marijuana in the prior month.

3.8 million people (1.5 percent of the population above 12) say they have tried heroin at least once in their lifetimes.

Ask yourself this, if marijuana were legalized nationwide do you think the economic impact would be in the billions? If heroin were legalized do you think the economic impact would even be in the 100 million range? Heroin is much more dangerous and stigmatized (rightfully so) which is why you don't see rallies to legalize heroin. There isn't a heroin subculture like there is with weed. People hide the fact that they do heroin. Heroin and weed being the same schedule is an embarrassment and undermines the anti-drug sentiment. It is really hard to take people seriously when they argue that marijuana and heroin are equally as damaging.