Darby may lose job to White

MAJBobby

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will still be rocking my Darby jersey on Sunday, this season will soon be a joke. If Darby's play has been below expectations why not slide him inside and replace the 5'6 midget you have running up the seams with TE's? Why hasn't Gilmore or Robey been sat down for any periods of time? Surely after Gilmore quit on the Hogan play he could have taken a series off.

What a joke, another loss or two and it will be full blame mode and once again not about winning games. I don't love the collection of selfish players we have but even if we did have more team oriented guys I wouldn't trust Rex not to ruin it. No accountability until it's to late and then it's only applied to the certain few. Come on Rexy show us that Gilmore tattoo, who got it you or your wife?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2657960-next-big-thing-the-re-education-of-bills-cornerback-ronald-darby

an excerpt from a long article back around the start of the season. got to wonder if the "re-education" got in his head in the wrong way. i know people will yap about how its his job to know all those things... but that doesnt mean that it isnt a challenge to re-learn the finer points after being used to going out and being asked to do a very specific task

Well done to bring this up here !

@salsports

According to NFL's Game Stat Information System, Bills have given up 5.0 yards/pass when Corey White is on field, 7.34 when Ron Darby is...

...obviously White hasn't played as many snaps overall and sometimes they are both on the field at the same time.

Difference in offense's yards/pass vs Bills when each player IS vs ISN'T on field:

White -1.86

Robey -1.37

Gilmore .10

Seymour .38

Darby .56

I should have used ( - ) to make sure it was clear, but the first two numbers (White/Robey) are negatives. In other words, good for them.

Bills yards per pass given up while each CB on field:

White 5.00

Robey-Coleman 5.53

Gilmore 6.91

Seymour 7.19

Darby 7.34

Edited by YoloinOhio

@salsports

According to NFL's Game Stat Information System, Bills have given up 5.0 yards/pass when Corey White is on field, 7.34 when Ron Darby is...

...obviously White hasn't played as many snaps overall and sometimes they are both on the field at the same time.

Difference in offense's yards/pass vs Bills when each player IS vs ISN'T on field:

White -1.86

Robey -1.37

Gilmore .10

Seymour .38

Darby .56

I should have used ( - ) to make sure it was clear, but the first two numbers (White/Robey) are negatives. In other words, good for them.

Bills yards per pass given up while each CB on field:

White 5.00

Robey-Coleman 5.53

Gilmore 6.91

Seymour 7.19

Darby 7.34

Aren't those numbers skewed by NRC and White/Seymour being on the field in more obvious passing situations? 1st and 10 and 3rd and 17 are the same for Gilmore/Darby, whereas some of the other guys may only be out there for the latter.

Edited by jmc12290

Aren't those numbers skewed by NRC and White/Seymour being on the field in more obvious passing situations? 1st and 10 and 3rd and 17 are the same for Gilmore/Darby, whereas some of the other guys may only be out there for the latter.

he was asked about that and said he doesn't have that breakdown

I will still be rocking my Darby jersey on Sunday, this season will soon be a joke. If Darby's play has been below expectations why not slide him inside and replace the 5'6 midget you have running up the seams with TE's? Why hasn't Gilmore or Robey been sat down for any periods of time? Surely after Gilmore quit on the Hogan play he could have taken a series off.

What a joke, another loss or two and it will be full blame mode and once again not about winning games. I don't love the collection of selfish players we have but even if we did have more team oriented guys I wouldn't trust Rex not to ruin it. No accountability until it's to late and then it's only applied to the certain few. Come on Rexy show us that Gilmore tattoo, who got it you or your wife?

I agree about Gilmore and Robey. Neither should be back next year. Gilmore has tanked, and wasn't great to begin with. And Robey plays with great effort, but is just too small at 5'7 to compete game in, game out at a high enuf level.

The season obviously hinges on Sunday's game. This is usually the type of game we come up very small in. But if there was ever a game where the organization needs to make a statement this is it. If the team plays its usual disinterested mistake filled poorly coached game, than they should show Rex the door on Monday morning. The dysfunction that continues to pervade the team week after week, season after season has to stop. It is time to lay the hammer on a good opponent in a game where everything matters. A big win could very well propel us to great things. Let's hope Rex actually has a game plan to stop Andy Dalton and all the weapons the Bengals have. Because they can be stopped. But the scheme and effort has to be top notch.

@chrisbrownbills

Rex concerned about defending jump balls at CB position. Might favor taller, longer White over Darby - Seymour over Robey-Coleman. #Bills

@salsports

On the 7 pass plays of 50 yards or more given up, Rex says "technique has been the biggest issue. We've been good with communication"

"It's my responsibility to play the best guys out there. The guys that give us the best chance to win." - Rex

"It's not just about (Darby's) confidence. It's about our confidence (as a team)" - Rex Ryan

Rex on putting jobs up for grabs - "I'm tired of mistakes. I'm not here to make friends, man. I'm here to win."

Rex asked about going from Donnie Henderson to Tim McDonald: "We're well coached on the back end. We're not making (mental) mistakes."

@scottswenson4

Rex says We need more consistency at corner. At start of year I thought it would be our strength. We need to play better. @news4buffalo

Edited by YoloinOhio

@chrisbrownbills

Rex concerned about defending jump balls at CB position. Might favor taller, longer White over Darby - Seymour over Robey-Coleman. #Bills

@salsports

On the 7 pass plays of 50 yards or more given up, Rex says "technique has been the biggest issue. We've been good with communication"

"It's my responsibility to play the best guys out there. The guys that give us the best chance to win." - Rex

"It's not just about (Darby's) confidence. It's about our confidence (as a team)" - Rex Ryan

Rex on putting jobs up for grabs - "I'm tired of mistakes. I'm not here to make friends, man. I'm here to win."

Rex asked about going from Donnie Henderson to Tim McDonald: "We're well coached on the back end. We're not making (mental) mistakes."

@scottswenson4

Rex says We need more consistency at corner. At start of year I thought it would be our strength. We need to play better. @news4buffalo

if we are making technique mistakes with guys that have previously shown good technique, to some degree wouldnt you call that a mental error? They didnt suddenly lose the physical ability to do what theyve done.

@chrisbrownbills

@salsports

@scottswenson4

These are my issues and Rex not wanting to call out his boy. Obviously there will be technique problems if they are coaching different technique. The fact that Darby has regressed is indicative of that. Actually he is looking like he did in FSU with not turning to the ball, bad judgment in the air etc etc. Everything Donnie was able to work with him on. Donnie Henderson not being a coach is hurting this Backfield more than people want to admit.

I think its moreso a personell matchup. NRC and the others may be out there when there are 3/4 wide sets.

@4joshreed

Seymour took all reps at nickel CB according to Robey-Coleman

will be interesting to see how it shakes out. i will be very disappointed if 2/3 of a pretty solid 3 man group from last year are on the bench by mid season this year.

i dont expect that... but it sure would be frustrating.

will be interesting to see how it shakes out. i will be very disappointed if 2/3 of a pretty solid 3 man group from last year are on the bench by mid season this year.

It isn't ideal, but its showing that Rex has some backbone, and is making the players show some accountability.

Im going to assume bad.

Corey White and Seymore are not better than Darby and Gilmore and Robey-Coleman.

I agree about Gilmore and Robey. Neither should be back next year. Gilmore has tanked, and wasn't great to begin with. And Robey plays with great effort, but is just too small at 5'7 to compete game in, game out at a high enuf level.

The season obviously hinges on Sunday's game. This is usually the type of game we come up very small in. But if there was ever a game where the organization needs to make a statement this is it. If the team plays its usual disinterested mistake filled poorly coached game, than they should show Rex the door on Monday morning. The dysfunction that continues to pervade the team week after week, season after season has to stop. It is time to lay the hammer on a good opponent in a game where everything matters. A big win could very well propel us to great things. Let's hope Rex actually has a game plan to stop Andy Dalton and all the weapons the Bengals have. Because they can be stopped. But the scheme and effort has to be top notch.

Generally agree but a big win won't likely propel us to great things. This team is mediocre, starting from the coach on down. Mediocre means you'll probably lose next week even after the win. It's a Bills thing.

It isn't ideal, but its showing that Rex has some backbone, and is making the players show some accountability.

It's sort of like the firing of Karl Dunbar/hiring of John Blake. Fans were apoplectic...because the coach made a change at an area of weakness. :wacko:

B word B word B word about it, and as soon as the coach does something to make a change, it's time to B word some more. Why? Because the change wasn't Rex Ryan driving himself over The Falls.

Lunacy has been running at an all-time high for the past 15 months. And I'm saying that with about a decade's worth of context.

Im going to assume bad.

Corey White and Seymore are not better than Darby and Gilmore and Robey-Coleman.

Probably not. But they might be playing better.

Robey has been our best CB so far this year. He can't beat anyone in a jump ball and unfortunately got caught covering both Gronk and Graham one-on-one, but I think for the most part he's played well.

Robey has been our best CB so far this year. He can't beat anyone in a jump ball and unfortunately got caught covering both Gronk and Graham one-on-one, but I think for the most part he's played well.

Yep. Before the Gronk/Graham victimisation, NRC was 12/26, 154 yards, 2 INT, 2 PD through 7 games.

Hasn't warranted benching at all but, if this leads to a schematic/stylistic change, I'm all for it.