Ezekiel Elliott: just OROY, or MVP candidate?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That 213 is actually 273.

Zeke had 592 carries, Henry had 602 over the same time period.

That 213 is actually 273.

Zeke had 592 carries, Henry had 602 over the same time period.

see it any way you like and sorry for the typo. 100 more carries in his final year is what wears a rb down, especially at that age. By comparison Zeke was 1/4 "fresher." I'll continue to stand by my statement.

see it any way you like and sorry for the typo. 100 more carries in his final year is what wears a rb down, especially at that age. By comparison Zeke was 1/4 "fresher." I'll continue to stand by my statement.

Feel free to stand by it. I just think you're talking about something that has a cumulative effect and it only stands to reason that the difference of 10 carries isn't a significant difference in terms of wear and tear.

Bill Barnwell gets it. The Cowboys' O-line is the real NFL MVP so far

"Do you know how many times Elliott was even touched by a Steelers player on his three touchdowns?
Zero.
Elliott traveled 129 yards from scrimmage on those three plays and never even had to beat an unblocked defender one-on-one."
When I see the holes that Dallas line creates it reminds me of the early 90's Dallas line. Elliott's a good player, but nowhere near as good as those stats.

Dak is good, Zeke is a difference maker. There is a difference between good and great.

The OL is tough but Zeke is a finisher. The difference between a good back and a great back is that a great back knows when he is gone. Zeke is on pace for 18 TDs; he can score from anywhere on the field. Dak should get some consideration (as should Derek Carr) but at the moment Zeke is the favorite.

Hello, have we already forgotten about Matt Ryan?

Just think, the Brownies had no use for Zeek.

That's because they have the "great" Isiah Crowell.

No way - Averages 5.1 yards per carry despite 200 touches. That is borderline legendary.

Dak has been playing well, no question, but the running back is the one flirting with an all time season, in an era where running backs are supposedly obsolete

CJ Spiller averaged 6.1 per carry with over 200 touches here. I do agree that Elliot is very good, I'm just not sure 5.1 makes you legendary.

Hello, have we already forgotten about Matt Ryan?

That's because they have the "great" Isiah Crowell.

He has had a great year but his team is 3 games behind Dallas. That will matter.

Elliott is a stud....OROY for sure.

he's not the mvp (or best player) on his own team. he gets injured, dallas keeps rolling.

I think that he's the best player for sure (outside of maybe an OL and they aren't winning).

give their O Line the MVP award. that's why they are 8-1.

They had the same O line last year and couldn't run for crap and well the QB play was horrid at best.

Elliott is a stud....OROY for sure.

he's not the mvp (or best player) on his own team. he gets injured, dallas keeps rolling.

I disagree! If he gets injured the running game takes a huge step back and they lose TOP.. then that D which is NOT very good will get exposed and they start losing BIG TIME.

I think he IS the best player on their team.

They were 5th in the league in YPA and 9th in YPG, and they did it with a washed-up McFadden (who hadn't put together a decent season in 5 years).

That proves that stats lie (lol) I watched sadly a few of their games last year and they sucked running the ball when needed. (I.e. Before they were down by 2 TDs ) that Offense was bad