Ezekiel Elliott: just OROY, or MVP candidate?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.

Plus, Doesn't Demarcus Murray prove that Zeke is a product of that line?

Murray has been gone for 2 years. Zeke has as many yards already as McFadden had for them all last season.

It's Zeke for MVP and it's not close. He cannot come off the field.

Murray has been gone for 2 years. Zeke has as many yards already as McFadden had for them all last season.

It's Zeke for MVP and it's not close. He cannot come off the field.

I think it's going to depend on how well his body holds up through the rest of the year. Running backs start to get very sore and dinged up in December.

But I agree, as of right now he's the MVP.

And I really like typing that because it means I don't have to very reluctantly type that Brady is the runaway MVP.

Edited by gobillsinytown

I think it's going to depend on how well his body holds up through the rest of the year. Running backs start to get very sore and dinged up in December.

And I really like typing that because it means I don't have to very reluctantly type that Brady is the runaway MVP.

I'd be interested seeing Dallas play a game without him just to see how Dak responds.

Unlike recent RBs from say Alabama, Elliott was never overworked in college. He should be plenty fresh.

Edited by Cripple Creek

No doubt he is a great RB. And this is irrelevant to the MVP debate, but that Oline opened up gaping holes for him. Just wonder how Zeke or Dak would do with jordan mills and Ryan groy blocking up front.

How did the entire RB roster do behind that same line last season?

McFadden finished 4th overall, averaging 4.6 yds a carry, on only 239 attempts. The year after that same line sprung DeMarco Murray into a big pay day.

Not trying to take away anything from Zeke, but he merely ran straight ahead and went untouched for that game-sealing TD this week.

To imply the OLine isnt a major factor in Dallas's success is ridiculous.

The difference this year is that Dallas is way more balanced (if not run HEAVY) as they groom/protect a rookie QB.

Edited by DrDareustein

Darren McFadden was 4th overall in the league in rushing in 2015

the year before that in 2014, DeMarco Murray led the league as the #1 RB (McFadden was 36th)

Edited by papazoid

Zeke had 31 more touches in 3 years at OSU than Derrick Henry had at Bama :)

Did you see Matt Miller's tweet on Sunday that he was clearly underutilized at OSU? I think that would apply to one game only. I didn't agree with his tweet at all despite the frustration with that one game.

Elliott is OROY and the most valuable running back in the league (in large part because he is a great pass catcher and blocker, as well), but his "value" can't approach that of Prescott or other top QBs.

If Elliott went down with an injury today, do you think the line in next week's Cowboys game would move? Half a point at most. But an injury to a top qb will move the line 3 points or more--happens all the time.

Edited by mannc