Ezekiel Elliott: just OROY, or MVP candidate?

YoloinOhio

and now Beanie has a radio show here. Never had the NFL career he wanted, mainly due to injuries. Zeke was more polished and NFL ready I think than anyone they have had going back to Eddie George because he can do anything (run, block, catch, short yardage/long yardage). There is a young pup now named Mike Weber, Jr. who is developing nicely.

George was a great back but Zeke was more complete coming out IMO. I think that he is the most complete back that I can remember. His game has no holes. He is one of those high floor, high ceiling type of prospects that teams drool over (although those pending issues off the field are still lingering). At his worst he was going to be a 1,200 yard Pro Bowl type back that is a good pass catcher and great blocker. At best he was going to be an MVP candidate. Jalen Ramsey was kind of like that in this draft too (and Amari Cooper last year). If you are picking earlier enough those guys are the ones that you want.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George was a great back but Zeke was more complete coming out IMO. I think that he is the most complete back that I can remember. His game has no holes. He is one of those high floor, high ceiling type of prospects that teams drool over (although those pending issues off the field are still lingering). At his worst he was going to be a 1,200 yard Pro Bowl type back that is a good pass catcher and great blocker. At best he was going to be an MVP candidate. Jalen Ramsey was kind of like that in this draft too (and Amari Cooper last year). If you are picking earlier enough those guys are the ones that you want.

In terms of pure rushing talent, I still think that Todd Gurley was a better prospect (I know that's definitely debatable) but Zeke was one impressive dude at OSU. You're spot on about him having no holes to his game. I remember watching him lead block on designed QB runs and just ploughing guys over. The very definition of a superstar talent with the work ethic to back it up.

He's a great talent in an optimal situation. Not every top 5 pick is afforded the chance to shine this early but Zeke is a good one. Definitely deserves to be in the MVP race at this point.

a guy I work with coached volleyball with Tiffany Thompson's mom. Apparently she is batshit crazy, yet smoking hot. Anyway he says there's no doubt she's been trying to get a payday from this and has been trying to set him up. She faked a pregnancy last year as well. I think the NFL is trying to drag this out and make it look like they are doing a very thorough investigation because they took so much heat for the Josh Brown thing. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hindsight is what it is, but many people criticized the Cowboys for taking a RB that high "with so many problems on the defense"..etc.

I was all for the pick. I predicted 2000 yards rushing and OROY. RB is probably the only position where you would favor a young stud with a lot of spunk. RB's get slower as they get older and more beat up. It's like buying a brand new car vs a used one. Elliott will be good for them for the next 6-7 years. Now they can focus on the defense going forward

In terms of pure rushing talent, I still think that Todd Gurley was a better prospect (I know that's definitely debatable) but Zeke was one impressive dude at OSU. You're spot on about him having no holes to his game. I remember watching him lead block on designed QB runs and just ploughing guys over. The very definition of a superstar talent with the work ethic to back it up.

He's a great talent in an optimal situation. Not every top 5 pick is afforded the chance to shine this early but Zeke is a good one. Definitely deserves to be in the MVP race at this point.

I actually don't necessarily disagree with this. I loved Gurley as a prospect too. He did have some injury concerns and wasn't the blocker that Zeke was. As a pure runner though he was a great prospect. The guy that I wasn't a big fan of was Melvin Gordon (he is having a nice year though).

Wasn't there a post a while back where someone said they would take Carlos Williams over Zeke any day?

Yes!!!

Elliott IS the Cowboys Offense if he went out injured I say they go on a massive losing streak.

Also the Cowboys downfall (if there is one) will be their D. It will get lit up by good/great Os, like it did yesterday.

Elliott is def in the MVP talk though. Kid is amazing.

I actually don't necessarily disagree with this. I loved Gurley as a prospect too. He did have some injury concerns and wasn't the blocker that Zeke was. As a pure runner though he was a great prospect. The guy that I wasn't a big fan of was Melvin Gordon (he is having a nice year though).

The difference between them for me was stylistic nitpicking. The talk about "safe picks" is overblown but Zeke truly was, at least on the talent front. I couldn't see a football-related reason for his failure to materialise.

As hyped up as the 2017 RB class is, it doesn't own a special talent like Zeke or Gurley.

It should be the Dallas' oline. McFadden was a good player last year. Unless you're Matt Cassel, playing behind their oline is like steroids.

But since only skill players count in award voting, EE is definitely in the running. Rbs live off their oline. It's a shame what Gurley has to run behind because I think he is every bit as good.

It should be the Dallas' oline. McFadden was a good player last year. Unless you're Matt Cassel, playing behind their oline is like steroids.

But since only skill players count in award voting, EE is definitely in the running. Rbs live off their oline. It's a shame what Gurley has to run behind because I think he is every bit as good.

Imagine Gurley with a competent OC and HC!