TV Alert: Men's BBall: UB vs #7 Xavier on TV

PromoTheRobot

Monday 11/14 7pm CBS Sports Network. Xavier is ranked #7. UB is 2X MAC champs. They dusted Niagara Friday. Let's see what they can do against a ranked opponent. Bulls have a strong OOC schedule this year with Creighton and Butler plus an invite to the Great Alaska Shootout.

Monday 11/14 7pm CBS Sports Network. Xavier is ranked #7. UB is 2X MAC champs. They dusted Niagara Friday. Let's see what they can do against a ranked opponent. Bulls have a strong OOC schedule this year with Creighton and Butler plus an invite to the Great Alaska Shootout.

They didn't exactly dust Niagara. It was a close game throughout. Niagara is one of the worst teams in MAC too. Xavier is a serious contender for the final four this year. UB's best player transfered this summer & I believe their PG was out Friday night against the Purple Eagles. This one could get ugly.

They didn't exactly dust Niagara. It was a close game throughout. Niagara is one of the worst teams in MAAC too. Xavier is a serious contender for the final four this year. UB's best player transfered this summer & I believe their PG was out Friday night against the Purple Eagles. This one could get ugly.

I don't consider Lamonte Bearden to have been their best player, and they have players ready to step into the point guard role. I'm not as worried about UB going into this season. Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't consider Lamonte Bearden to have been their best player, and they have players ready to step into the point guard role. I'm not as worried about UB going into this season.

I am not worried either. I am not an alum of UB. But I always do route for them when they are not playing Canisius(the school I did go to). I do think UB will take a step back this year. Akron is supposed to be very good this year, although I think they got beat over the weekend.

I am not worried either. I am not an alum of UB. But I always do route for them when they are not playing Canisius(the school I did go to). I do think UB will take a step back this year. Akron is supposed to be very good this year, although I think they got beat over the weekend.

I think their coach Nate Oats is a rising star. If he has another solid season he's probably gone. But I keep hoping he's a guy who wants to stick around and see how far he can take UB. His wife is still recovering from cancer and is a patient at Roswell Park. Hopefully she is cured.

I think their coach Nate Oats is a rising star. If he has another solid season he's probably gone. But I keep hoping he's a guy who wants to stick around and see how far he can take UB. His wife is still recovering from cancer and is a patient at Roswell Park. Hopefully she is cured.

I thought Hurley left too early, could of had a softer landing spot than ASU if he would of waited. Year 2 looks a bit more promising for the Sun Devils but I doubt they make the torunament. PAC 12 is loaded with Arizona/Oregon/UCLA as serious threats for final 4 & USC/Colorado/Utah/Washington/Stanford should make the tournament as well. That leaves ASU fighting with OSU, Wazzu,Cal at the bottom of the division. Arizona State is a tough place to win. He should stayed & built something at UB & then he would had his pick of places to go. Easy for my to say as I his contract was worth multi millions more out in the desert than it was at UB.

I'm a Buffalo guy, but a Xavier grad. The refs were terrible (and fans were even booing having to sit through so many UB fouls), but they were out matched. We played a good Lehigh team earlier and played poorly. That put a fire in them. UB just didn't move their feet and kept reaching in. You play hoops with your feet, not your hands. I watched every second. There were phantom calls on both sides. On top of that, XU is still missing 2 potential starters. Having said all that, I hope UB goes on to a great season! They shot well from 3 and have potential.

They didn't exactly dust Niagara. It was a close game throughout. Niagara is one of the worst teams in MAC too. Xavier is a serious contender for the final four this year. UB's best player transfered this summer & I believe their PG was out Friday night against the Purple Eagles. This one could get ugly.

If by "ugly" you mean losing by 30+ to a team missing 2 of their top 6 players, then yes, you would be correct!

I'm a Buffalo guy, but a Xavier grad. The refs were terrible (and fans were even booing having to sit through so many UB fouls), but they were out matched. We played a good Lehigh team earlier and played poorly. That put a fire in them. UB just didn't move their feet and kept reaching in. You play hoops with your feet, not your hands. I watched every second. There were phantom calls on both sides. On top of that, XU is still missing 2 potential starters. Having said all that, I hope UB goes on to a great season! They shot well from 3 and have potential.

If by "ugly" you mean losing by 30+ to a team missing 2 of their top 6 players, then yes, you would be correct!

It's fun to think you can beat a ranked team, but really the OOC matters little to schools in one-bid conferences like UB (the MAC.) In fact the entire OOC is just an extended preseason until the MAC season. And even then the MAC season matters little beyond seeding. Just win the tourney.

It's fun to think you can beat a ranked team, but really the OOC matters little to schools in one-bid conferences like UB (the MAC.) In fact the entire OOC is just an extended preseason until the MAC season. And even then the MAC season matters little beyond seeding. Just win the tourney.

I'm certainly hoping UB goes on a roll and gets to the dance. (That's good for all.) They couldn't stay in front of the X guards, just a bad matchup. Then again, two of the XU guys are expect to leave early after testing NBA interest last year. Sumner and Bluiett will make good money playing the game. Sumner is a 6'6" PG and may be a lottery pick if he can improve his jumper a bit. And we were missing our 5th year starter at guard plus our best frosh from last year, a 6'8" F who is the best shooter on the team (according to the HC). No shame in that game.

Well......it depends on what kind of team you have. If you are mid major & your a fringe top 40-50 team, getting an early season win against a team like Xavier would be the gift that keeps on giving once March & selection process rolls around. But yes for most mid majors it is all about the conference tournament. That is where the mid major coaches earn their paycheck.

Edited by Gordio