Bills Have Not Beaten Anybody

BuffaloBaumer

so they don't count now? Go through every teams schedule and do this...what a ridiculous comment

I've done this before because this topic has been remade 700 times.

Patriots:

Cardinals 4-4-1 (Don't count)

Dolphins 5-4 (Don't count)

Texans 6-3 (Counts a little?)

Browns 0-10 (Don't count)

Bengals 3-4-1 (Don't count)

Steelers 4-5 (Definitely doesn't count, they played their 2nd string QB!!)

And lost to the Seahawks when it came up to a challenge. And of course lost to the Bills.

In all reality, the Patriots have only beaten 2 winning teams all year. The remaining 4 teams combine for 11 wins or 2.75 wins per team. What scrubs.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily, other than the Raiders, we don't have "anybody" left to play:

Bengals: 3-4-1

Jags: 2-7

Raiders: 7-2

Steelers: 4-5

Browns: 0-10

Dolphins: 5-4

Jets: 3-7

However, football games are played on a field not on paper. The Bills have to focus on beating Cincy off the bye with them coming off a short week. Get back to .500 and then prepare to make a run. It is a long, long road to the play-offs from here but it they lose on Sunday it is then mission impossible and this season could slide south pretty quickly.

Luckily, other than the Raiders, we don't have "anybody" left to play:

Bengals: 3-4-1

Jags: 2-7

Raiders: 7-2

Steelers: 4-5

Browns: 0-10

Dolphins: 5-4

Jets: 3-7

However, football games are played on a field not on paper. The Bills have to focus on beating Cincy off the bye with them coming off a short week. Get back to .500 and then prepare to make a run. It is a long, long road to the play-offs from here but it they lose on Sunday it is then mission impossible and this season could slide south pretty quickly.

They're going to get throttled by oakland in oakland, and will likely lose to the dolphins again. 7 losses is the floor, unfortunately, and one step closer to a 20-year streak.

That would be a worthwhile discussion but I don't think anyone is anticipating 6-1. Oakland is a loss IMO. They CAN win the other games but that's highly unlikely. They will win 4 or 5. I'm not sure if that makes me a Kool-Aid drinker? I'm not sure where the level of outrage is supposed to be?

I guess that the playoff drought isn't that important to me (I know that sounds blasphemous). I only care about a Super Bowl. That doesn't seem close but the NFL isn't loaded with good teams. The Bills have some holes that need addressing and some guys that they need to get back on the field. Every decision though should be with eyes on the Super Bowl not a wild card berth. To win the Super Bowl they are going to need to win like Seattle did, elite running game, good QB play, good pass rush and an elite secondary. They have pieces to do those things but have holes as well (specifically in the secondary). They have a team that can be a WC team now but not one that can win it all.

Agree with everything you just said Kirby, but you left out an important piece (imo anyway). That is conditioning and health of the players. What I find funny is people complaining about how bad our teams have been and blaming coaching, GM....Owner, or whatever. But these are just individual pieces to a puzzle. A puzzle this team has been hapless at solving.

We have had different GM's, different coaches (some good, some not so good) but we seem to have the same results every year. Our players can't stay on the field. They are always getting injured. We loose players like my kids lost their socks when they were little (at the drop of a hat). It's mind boggling. Yes every team deals with it, but not every year like we do.

Someone please correct me if I am off base on this, but for the most part haven't we had the same strength and conditioning people on staff for a while. I know the head trainer has changed a few times here and there, but the remaining staff has been the same....right? Could this be part of our problem?

Edited by BigPappy

Agree with everything you just said Kirby, but you left out an important piece (imo anyway). That is conditioning and health of the players. What I find funny is people complaining about how bad our teams have been and blaming coaching, GM....Owner, or whatever. But these are just individual pieces to a puzzle. A puzzle this team has been hapless at solving.

We have had different, GM's, different coaches (some good, some not so good) but we seem to have the same results every year. Our players can't stay on the field. They are always getting injured. We loose players like my kids lost their socks when they were little (at the drop of a hat). It's mind boggling. Yes every team deals with it, but not every year like we do.

Someone please correct me if I am off base on this, but for the most part haven't we had the same strength and conditioning people on staff for a while. I know the head trainer has changed a few times here and there, but the remaining staff has been the same....right? Could this be part of our problem?

I think you could specifically point to Dareus and Karlos Williams as being direct results of a laid back atmosphere. Maybe the word from the top down is not harsh enough...who knows.

It stands for: Playoffs in 2016 FOR F%^* SAKES!

Could be. A joke of a Coach would bring out the worse in people. Pegula ownership was supposed to change things. Change the losing culture.

trust me, once this joke of a coach is gone, I will be alot better.

Really? So, when Rex is gone all our problems just..... POOF, go away. Get real. You should really think before you type dude. First and foremost, a new owner does not change culture in one season. The Pegulas have had one offseason. Not to mention the fact that the coach is just ONE piece of the puzzle to a winning team. It takes every aspect of a team to Win. Coaching, players, GM, and your training staff.

so they don't count now? Go through every teams schedule and do this...what a ridiculous comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not saying they don't count. Rather, the teams we have beaten we *should* beat. Yes they count. But the fact is, we haven't beaten anyone other than pretty flawed/weak teams so far, and that's the mark of a mediocre team, imo. Once we beat middle of the road and/or good teams, I'll have more optimism about the Bills, if that makes sense.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not saying they don't count. Rather, the teams we have beaten we *should* beat. Yes they count. But the fact is, we haven't beaten anyone other than pretty flawed/weak teams so far, and that's the mark of a mediocre team, imo. Once we beat middle of the road and/or good teams, I'll have more optimism about the Bills, if that makes sense.

Well then why were the Bills underdogs to the Cards and Pats if they were supposed to beat those teams?

I swear to you, I don't need super bowl or playoffs right now, just make the last game of the season count

That's setting the bar high after years of rebuilding.

One time in the past 17 years the final game of the season mattered.

It's amazing how long this franchise has managed to remain mediocre.

Well then why were the Bills underdogs to the Cards and Pats if they were supposed to beat those teams?

a) Cards were overrated when the season began

b) Because the Pats were pulling off victories with (healthy) backup QBs.

But we already knew that.

I'd say the Bills best performance came in it's loss to Seattle.

If they could somehow figure out how to stop STOP the deep ball I'd be able to sip the kool-aid at this point.

Until then, there's little hope for a 6-1 stretch

You can only beat the teams that you play. The Bills schedule gets easier and Denver's (for example) gets much tougher. You can't control what everyone else is doing. The Jets game and the Miami game were games that they should have won. They didn't, but if you were a Saints fan or a Panthers fan or a Steelers fan you'd be saying the same thing today. That's the NFL.

Complaining about the wins though is beyond counterintuitive. You don't see other fan bases doing that. They celebrate the wins and mourn the losses. I don't know when this place turned so ugly but it's exhausting. I get the point that the teams that we beat aren't very good but that's irrelevant; you play whose on the schedule. Maybe I just need a break from this place because it's dragging me down.

As usual you make a lot of good points but I really think this fan base is beaten down. 17 years of this crap & the worst part is there is no end in sight. They whiffed on the coach again, they really needed to get that right. Rex most likely will have another year but all that is doing is prolonging the inevetiable. I have been a season ticket holder since 1996 & for the first time I am seriously thinking about not renewing my season tickets for next year. Last year I only went to three games, this I went to the Jets game & the Cardinals game & have sold the NE/Pitt/SF games. I still got three games laft but you can't even give these games away as once again the Bills will be playing out the string in late November/December. There was a time when I wouldn't of missed a home game at the Ralph(I live about 10 minutes away from the stadium). Now I could care less. I know the Bills did not play but yesterday I spent the afternoon golfing up at Byrnecliff & did not watch any football. I used to love the NFL, the bills have made me indifferent to the whole league.