Trump's leadership team

Yeah, god forbid we have any environmentally conscientious people providing influence at the Environmental PROTECTION Agency. <_<

We need environmentally conscious people in the EPA for sure, but people of reason.

Just a couple months ago our lawn at the office was dug up so that drainage for nearby construction could be connected. It was about a 50' x 50' area. Our property. Once done the construction co. sent a landscaper over to grade and seed the area. They also left 40' or more of a barrier on the original grass. This was a couple 20' sections of 12' in diameter round "bag" of ground up tires serving as a barrier. A barrier to what I don't know. After several weeks the new grass badly needed to be mowed. under this barrier the original grass was basically dead. I called the construction company and asked them to come by and pickup their long black bags as we wanted to cut the grass. The person told me the barriers needed to stay in place until the new grass was "established" per EPA regulation. I said it's way overdue to be cut. They said it had to be left in place until an inspector approved it being moved. I said bull ****, we're going to move it into the parking lot now so we can cut it today as our landscaper was on site and by the way leaving it there is killing the grass underneath. I told them to come and get it today or we might put it in the dumpster. Later that day someone picked it up. The grass underneath never did come back this year.

This is just a tiny example of environmental idiocy. Dumb rules written and paid for by taxpayer dollars, there are probably 100's of thousands of such stupid regulations.

Next week an inspector is coming here to test our sprinkler system backflow valve. It has to be done annually. He'll be here for less than 30 min and will give me a bill for $400+, part of which is a fee back to the municipality. His tools fit in a brief case sized enclosure. This is another EPA rule. So a stupid law is passed to test a part every year that never fails and the inspector is required to kick back some of the fee to the municipality. By the way if the valve failed, the sprinkler system alarm would be triggered due to a change in pressure.

Edited by keepthefaith

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, god forbid we have any environmentally conscientious people providing influence at the Environmental PROTECTION Agency. <_<

This public service announcement brought to you by the same people who B word about Wall Street executives in charge of the Treasury.

Well, I for one say this kind of "activism" isn't welcome - even though it was the EPA that did this. And they still haven't cleaned it up.

The EPA has no budget to clean things up. They only have a budget to force companies to clean things up.

So no company responsible...no way for the EPA to clean it up.

Again, the two are not related because banks were trying to get as little TARP as possible. Let alone that you don't even understand the difference between the various operating groups within bank holding companies. But yeah, its all Citibank for the simpletons

I never said it was all Citibank.

Stick to what I actually say, it's less work than inventing your own spin. You're terrible at this.

He's right you know. Financial institutions were forced to take the bailout.

But hey you've been wrong before. When is the coronation?

He's not even having the same conversation as I am, so he's not right.

And I was wrong about the election, clearly.

The initial round of allocations was a week before the 2008 election.

You're not seriously arguing that Citi got a bailout under Bush for donating to Obama?

Citi was one of Bush's biggest donors as well. They, like all the financial institutions, play both sides of the aisle.

I never said it was all Citibank.

Stick to what I actually say, it's less work than inventing your own spin. You're terrible at this.

He's not even having the same conversation as I am, so he's not right.

And I was wrong about the election, clearly.

Citi was one of Bush's biggest donors as well. They, like all the financial institutions, play both sides of the aisle.

But what you said was:

Actually, it was Citigroup -- a full month before the election and several months before they got a $476b bailout from the very cabinet they picked.

So Citi was bailed out (for $45B, not $476B) by the "cabinet they picked" a week before the election by a different cabinet, and several months before the "cabinet they picked" even existed? That only makes sense if "cause" follows "effect."

But what you said was:

So Citi was bailed out (for $45B, not $476B) by the "cabinet they picked" a week before the election by a different cabinet, and several months before the "cabinet they picked" even existed? That only makes sense if "cause" follows "effect."

Fair. I got the number wrong for that specific sentence.

The point was they're buying influence. As they have through administrations. Only a fool would assume they were doing so only so they would be excluded from government decisions that threatened their very existence.

Fair. I got the number wrong for that specific sentence.

The point was they're buying influence. As they have through administrations. Only a fool would assume they were doing so only so they would be excluded from government decisions that threatened their very existence.

It's called "lobbying." Which is why everyone who comes in to DC wants to reform K Street. Which is why they don't, because of this thing called "lobbying."

What it is not, is purchasing cabinet positions.

back to the cabinet picks...................and in this case, the hysterical reactions

Think Progress just can’t stand it when corporations succeed. Trump’s pick for labor secretary is Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr CEO Andrew Puzder whose company is famous for hot chicks eating hamburgers.

Hey, if your marketing plan works and it happens to include hot chicks eating big burgers, who cares?

Apparently Think Progress isn’t all that progressive when it comes to beef and babes …

Trump’s labor secretary pick really likes his company’s sexist burger ads

http://thkpr.gs/a1d358043990

Burger.jpg

.@Think Progress wait till the Teamsters rank and file hear about this sexist outrage, there will be HELL TO PAY

:lol:

Edited by B-Man

The EPA has no budget to clean things up. They only have a budget to force companies to clean things up.

So no company responsible...no way for the EPA to clean it up.

Sorta like, "Oh, I'm not a Security Guard. I'm a Security Monitor. There's a robbery. "

back to the cabinet picks...................and in this case, the hysterical reactions

Think Progress just can’t stand it when corporations succeed. Trump’s pick for labor secretary is Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr CEO Andrew Puzder whose company is famous for hot chicks eating hamburgers.

Hey, if your marketing plan works and it happens to include hot chicks eating big burgers, who cares?

Apparently Think Progress isn’t all that progressive when it comes to beef and babes …

Trump’s labor secretary pick really likes his company’s sexist burger ads

http://thkpr.gs/a1d358043990

Burger.jpg

:lol:

I've watched that ad a few times. Can't find anything wrong.