Up and Down Discussion--Halfway Point

dayman

(Yes, I know this is not exactly halfway)

So what are your overall organizational ups and downs through the first half of season...in terms of future optimism? Here's where my head is at:

UP

• Shady. He took it to the next level this year and, IMO, will sustain this level of play next year and hopefully one or two more.
  • Kyle Williams. I think he's got 2 more year in him. May need to start limiting snaps in the future, but I don't think he's done just yet.
  • LorAx. No explanation necessary.
  • Hughes. Not declining, what we payed for, looking good.
  • Incognito and Wood. I'll list them together. IDK why, but I think of them as brothers now. They've been great. Terrible that Wood is hurt but had a rough season not long ago, has been good so far. Incognito is a star.
  • The Browns. I think they surprised everyone.
  • Whaley and Rex. We'll see how it works out, but through this point both have my support. Team looks talented and plays really hard IMO. We're not perfect and we play too much man when we clearly can't cover...but I'm satisfied thus far.

DOWN

• Darby. I think he belongs on the team and should start but this has been a back to earth year compared to where he left off last year.
  • Gilmore. No explanation necessary. He's not a Bill much longer.
  • Aaron Williams. Injuries suck. He's done.
  • Tyrod. He played great last game, truly great IMO. And he has time to do more of that and end the season a huge up. However, I put him down as of now. He's probably the most controversial on the down list, and he's the best on the down list--but I put him here.
  • Watkins. Fair or not, he's been unavailable. Again.
  • Dareus. Also unavailable. He's kind of like Tyrod to me, I think he'll be ok moving forward once he gets healthy. Can't say for sure this won't happen again, but lets not give up on him yet. Could be great for many years for us.
  • Charles Clay. IDK how much is his fault but he's not had the impact we're paying for...for the second year in a row.
  • John Mills. Not good.
  • Seantrel Henderson. I really wanted him to be great for us, thought he could be, and still think he can. He needs to supplant Mills and step it up. We'll see if he can turn it around.
  • Goodwin and Woods. They've had the opportunity, and they've done nothing with it. Both played great last game. Lets see what they can do moving forward.

So yea, lot of secondary and WR disappointments for me. What do you think?

Edited by dayman

Seems a good summary....I would argue a couple...TT for example....I think he going to be the next long term QB....really played well at Seattle. If Henderson can't beat out Mills next camp, we are in trouble...and SH has to go. I think a draft pick in the tackle business is needed, but not a 1. (as Mills also has to go) Sammy is a semi bust...brittle doesn't make in the NFL. We will be talking about Sammy next year like we are talking about Gilmore this year . Woods is a really good #2, skills and heart imho. If Sammy isn't our #1, got to go get one. So, Woods belongs on the up list I think. Goodwin is improved this year, actually playing wr and catching a few. He represents a problem for the D whenever he is in.....and, I guess I would put him on the little plus list. But, he is also in a contract year, and will be gone imho.

Agree with most. I do think Preston Brown has just been OK. I'd add Miller and Glenn on the up, think both have been pretty solid. I'm still not sold on Rex by any stretch. I think we all forget how good our D was before he came in and so far under Rex it's been a disappointment. I think the D can solely be blamed for 3 losses and is going to cost us another year out of the playoffs. Lastly, Goodwin is having his best year (I know that's not saying much) and Woods is a huge part of the run game success and has played pretty solid through injuries. We need more Robert Woods type players on this team and I hope the Bills keep him around as long as possible.