The repeal of Obamacare. It's going to be difficult.

dayman

The first is relatively easy - it's Medicare expansion, and it's the only part of the ACA that actually works.

The really hard part is going to be telling people that no, we actually can't roll back rates to what they were before the ACA !@#$ed with everything. With the insurance industry (who will never willingly give up money they're already collecting) and the states (who will never give up their right to regulate insurance) involved, the reality is that it's simply never going to happen.

Block great Medicaid money to each State, or better yet give them the option to collect taxes for their own Medicaid type program. Give States the option to chose if they want help of not.

Remove the Individual Mandate, but free up providers to turn people away who have no ability to pay, and deny people who have plans that won't cover all of a treatment plan (capped benefit). For people who do want insurance, do a Tax Credit or Subsidy if they need it. If people get bonuses at work, let bonuses go 100% untaxed to HSA's that will be used for services before deductibles are met. I'm torn on whether EMTALA needs revisited.

There's a start.

Block great Medicaid money to each State, or better yet give them the option to collect taxes for their own Medicaid type program. Give States the option to chose if they want help of not.

Remove the Individual Mandate, but free up providers to turn people away who have no ability to pay, and deny people who have plans that won't cover all of a treatment plan (capped benefit). For people who do want insurance, do a Tax Credit or Subsidy if they need it. If people get bonuses at work, let bonuses go 100% untaxed to HSA's that will be used for services before deductibles are met. I'm torn on whether EMTALA needs revisited.

There's a start.

Couldn't be any more complicated, or possibly costly.

No matter what we do with Healthcare, it will be costly. To me, its one of the single biggest threats to our country.

The more I think about it - and experience it - the more this occurs to me.

Someday soon I'll tell stories from my current project, which involves Medicare. :ph34r:

See I'm thinking you could have open Medicare access with an income based fee. Cheaper, easier and with an existing infrastructure

1) I think you mean Medicaid again. Medicare cares for old people. Medicaid aids poor people.

2) Not an infrastructure you really want to use, though. You forget, it's not just government-provided, it's government regulated. And pretty damned badly at that - imagine your average HMO with a book of regulations the size of the US Tax Code.

1) I think you mean Medicaid again. Medicare cares for old people. Medicaid aids poor people.

2) Not an infrastructure you really want to use, though. You forget, it's not just government-provided, it's government regulated. And pretty damned badly at that - imagine your average HMO with a book of regulations the size of the US Tax Code.

No I don't mean Medicaid. I am familiar with the differences. I used to work in insurance. Medicaid is on the whole horrible.

The more I think about it - and experience it - the more this occurs to me.

Someday soon I'll tell stories from my current project, which involves Medicare. :ph34r:

When you think about roughly 319 million human beings, all citizens of the richest country in the world, whom have come to "expect" the full breadth of medical advances in the last 40 years, it's staggering. When I look at kids circa 25-30 years of age right now, 25-30k in school loans, entry level homes in Denver 350k, jobs that begin 35-40k for most kids, not even talking Children yet, I think how in the hell will Americans ever catch up and take on a larger piece of their Heathcare financing pie.... Frightening, to be honest.

Someway, somehow we have to cap our national outlay for healthcare spending, once the money dries up providers will have no choice but to adjust prices since there won't be demand... yep, that's an easy task allright!

Let me guess your project... arranging Lyft to pick you and your boys up at the nursing home and getting to the foot doctor? Nail it, did I?

Edited by B-Large

We clearly need to have a serious discussion regarding end of life care and its associated costs.

So, I think Sarah would be an outstanding Death Panel Czar...

Edited by Simon

We clearly need to have a serious discussion regarding end of life care and its associated costs.

So, I think Sarah would be an outstanding Death Panel Czar...

There's talk about her for Interior.

(Not sure how I feel about that...I guess it's the position she's least unsuited for, at least.)