TNF: Browns at Ravens

YoloinOhio

Or just face reality that he isn't good... Don't understand why people take such offense over a guy bad at football. Hell I can't even get into Arena League but you don't see me getting angry if someone tells me I suck at football.

LMAO. How am i getting angry? I put words together and formulated a sentence. That doesnt constitute me getting angry 🙄

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious to hear more from the "we should have hired Hugh Jackson" crowd.

Hue*

I think this year is not the one to judge him on. The Browns are in the midst of a full scale, intentional, organisationally planned tank. Whether it was a smart year to do it given there is no obvious top 10 Quarterback in this class is a very good and very fair question.

Hue shouldn't be judged on this year only but he's had a bad year from a decision making standpoint. He spent a third-round pick on a sixth-round QB (Kessler was his guy). Says he's not going to go musical chairs on the QB position but benches the rookie who wasn't playing that bad and they need to evaluate to play the 37 year old journeyman who they already know is bad. He has looked in over his head as a HC and like he's making it up as he goes along. He obviously deserves more time and they are rebuilding but it's still clear he's pretty rough and deserves some criticism vs just excuses. Not sure how you defend defend benching the rookie QB when you are 0-9 and have the lead at halftime.

Gotta feel great about the haul they got to pass on Bosa and Zeke though!

Edited by YoloinOhio

:(

Browns coach Hue Jackson on his QBs: "Cody's still the QB. I took Cody out because I wanted a spark. ... I wanted to try a veteran."

They thought they were at risk of winning. That is the truth of the matter and the 49ers have already checked out on Crinkle Cut Chip so the Browns are in a position where they think even 1 win could hurt them.

This is a tank folks. An intentional, full bloodied, tank.

They thought they were at risk of winning. That is the truth of the matter and the 49ers have already checked out on Crinkle Cut Chip so the Browns are in a position where they think even 1 win could hurt them.

any predictions on who they want at 1? Or if they will even use the 1st pick instead of trading it? I'm thinking they go with Garrett and QB in the second. Edited by YoloinOhio

Maybe they don't want to be in 8-8 mediocre hell for 17 years straight. I can relate ;)

he went 8-8 as interim. Not sure how many wins were his. A lot of people consider that a success given the situation (bad team, TP at QB, owner died, etc). I don't really consider it a success or a failure.

I had forgotten he was an interim. I remember some thought he should have been retained.

Hue*

I think this year is not the one to judge him on. The Browns are in the midst of a full scale, intentional, organisationally planned tank. Whether it was a smart year to do it given there is no obvious top 10 Quarterback in this class is a very good and very fair question.

Haven't they been doing that?

I wonder how many years they will have to do it before they will ever be good again?

Maybe it should just be an every year thing so people will start thinking of them as the standby "worst team in the NFL every year". I'm cool with that. At least it won't be the Bills. I bet Cincy is happy about it too.

Haven't they been doing that?

I wonder how many years they will have to do it before they will ever be good again?

Maybe it should just be an every year thing so people will start thinking of them as the standby "worst team in the NFL every year". I'm cool with that. At least it won't be the Bills. I bet Cincy is happy about it too.

Browns fan friend of mine insists it is a 3-4 year rebuild. If it works, great. But that would be miserable to me as a fan. Jmo. I don't enjoy 8-8 pergatory either but unless you have a crystal ball to know for sure you will have a playoff team at the end of the rebuild, I don't know how you can feel good about it. Mainly because they don't have the QB yet and dont see a savior on the horizon. At least as a Sabres fan I got Eichel and hope. As a Bills fan I at least have a competitive team and hope. Edited by YoloinOhio

Browns fan friend of mine insists it is a 3-4 year rebuild. If it works, great. But that would be miserable to me as a fan. Jmo. I don't enjoy 8-8 pergatory either but unless you have a crystal ball to know for sure you will have a playoff team at the end of the rebuild, I don't know how you can feel good about it. Mainly because they don't have the QB yet and dont see a savior on the horizon. At least as a Sabres fan I got Eichel and hope. As a Bills fan I at least have a competitive team and hope.

I hate rebuilds and I really don't believe in them. At least not complete rebuilds. I get sometimes you have to change GM's and coaches and QB's. When you are changing GM's and coaches, yes you rebuild.

As a season ticket holder of many years, I think rebuilds pain me (and other season ticket holders) more than say a fan who watches just on television. The pain is in my/our checking account. Because I absolutely hate paying thousands of dollars a year just to keep my seniority for the seats knowing that the product is going to suck. It is like going out to a restaurant where you hate their food and knowing that it is also a very, very expensive restaurant. It is maddening.

When you watch from home at least you can turn the television off and do something else. That is hard to do when you have so much money already invested in your Sunday afternoon. You don't want to "skip every game" because it feels like you are burning your money.

I went to the last Brown's game where Buffalo played down there. The fans were/are miserable about that team - even the die hard older guys who have been going to Browns games for decades. We tailgated with some longshoremen. They are a mentally/emotionally beaten down bunch. They do have a nice stadium, but they can really use a decent team/season.

he went 8-8 as interim. Not sure how many wins were his. A lot of people consider that a success given the situation (bad team, TP at QB, owner died, etc). I don't really consider it a success or a failure.

He wasn't an interim. He was the Head Coach the whole of 2011 starting 7-4 and ending 1-4 to finish 8-8. He had Jason Campbell playing really well as I recall then he went down and they traded for Palmer who came in mid-season, didn't pick up the offense and sucked.

As for people getting on the Browns tank..... I absolutely understand why you don't like tanking and the scepticism about full rebuilds. But that franchise even worse than ours has been wandering around, totally directionless, for so long. If ever there was a case for burn the whole effin thing down and start again it was the Cleveland Browns. Will the Podesta / Brown / Jackson project work? Maybe not... but they should give this three years minimum and see where they are. They have a direction they should commit to it.