Stupid election backlash

DC Tom

Okay, you've been having too many conversations with gator because now you're just hyper-typing nonsense, in addition to somehow convincing yourself you've made my head explode. Please. Don't flatter yourself.

I don't like them because I'm tired of them beating my team's ass twice a year, every year for the past gzillion years. And half the time they beat the Bills, it's because of bad coaching decisions by Bills, much like bad coaching decisions by the Seahawks and Falcons gave them SB victories. It's nothing more and nothing less than that.

You made a deliberate decision to stop wasting your time watching football. I made a deliberate decision to not waste my Sunday watching the Patriots win another SB. Not sure why yours is such the superior choice. Odd.

As much as I hate to admit it, they are good.

They know how to exploit mistakes, and can almost always bounce back. I really didn't think that Brady was going to be able to shake the first half. And sure as anything the D forces the fumble and give him a short field. :sick:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just block him. It'll save time from explaining everything 5 times.

No reason to explain, I understand what what differs from my beliefs.

He he... Must be sinking in!

Retreat to the echo chamber.

PPP bowels of the board and people are cracking. Truth must hurt. Now, if I can just get to the gooey center, maybe there will be a paradigm shift here.

Backlash questions..........................

Why Are Liberals Surprised by the Senate Confirmation of DeVos?

by JimGerharty

Have you talked to your liberal friends who don’t follow politics today? What’s surprising are the number of liberals who seem genuinely surprised — and shocked and horrified and enraged and all kinds of other emotions — about the fact that 50 out of 52 Senate Republicans voted to confirm Betsy DeVos as education secretary.

Start with the fact that Republican senators are going to be naturally inclined to confirm a Republican president’s nominees. Move on to the fact that DeVos has spent her career working for school choice, and most Republican senators strongly support school choice.

I know this may shock you, my friends on the left, but most Senate Republicans don’t particularly care how much teachers’ unions furiously denounce DeVos. The teacher’s unions are among the biggest financial supporters of Democrats. Opposition from teachers’ unions is a given for just about every Senate Republicans; there’s no point in trying to reach out, build bridges, or reach compromise with someone who is determined to defeat you when your term is up.

Republican senators didn’t find DeVos’s belief that states and localities should set laws for guns in and around schools inherently disqualifying, and didn’t find her comment about grizzly bears around schools in Wyoming so laughably absurd.

Senate Republicans don’t particularly care if Kate McKinnon imitated DeVos on Saturday Night Live and it was “glorious.”

They don’t care that she was ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah. Any Republican secretary of education nominee is going to be ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah.

Oh, there was a Facebook meme about Betsy DeVos that was shared a lot? That’s not the sort of thing that persuades a senator. (I see one of the disqualifying criticisms is DeVos “never put her children in a public school.” Neither did President Obama.)

What, the likes of Pat Toomey and Rob Portman, having just won reelection to a six-year term, should begin by alienating everyone who worked so hard to help them win reelection, and hand a victory to everybody who just spent the past two years trying to defeat them? Have you guys ever watched anything in politics ever before?

If a lot of Republicans in Virginia or New York or California had called up their senators’ offices urging a vote in favor of DeVos, do you think that Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, Chuck Schumer, Kirsten Gillibrand, Dianne Feinstein, or Kamala Harris would have changed their minds?

Eight years ago, most Republican senators voted for most of President Obama’s nominees. The only nominees who faced significant opposition were Tim Geithner (34 votes), Kathleen Sebelius (31 votes), and Eric Holder (21 votes). Only six of Obama’s picks required more than a voice vote. (There were 41 Republican senators at that time.) Did that bipartisan outreach and conciliatory approach pay off for Republican senators?

Did any liberal or progressive organization or voice salute those senators for their willingness to confirm President Obama’s choices and get them on the job as quickly as possible? No, of course not. Ask a liberal today and they’ll insist the Senate Republicans were the most “obstructionist” opposition party of all time.

In an environment where no outreach across the aisle is rewarded by the opposition, why are you surprised that there’s so little of it?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

by JimGerharty

Have you talked to your liberal friends who dont follow politics today? Whats surprising are the number of liberals who seem genuinely surprised and shocked and horrified and enraged and all kinds of other emotions about the fact that 50 out of 52 Senate Republicans voted to confirm Betsy DeVos as education secretary.

Start with the fact that Republican senators are going to be naturally inclined to confirm a Republican presidents nominees. Move on to the fact that DeVos has spent her career working for school choice, and most Republican senators strongly support school choice.

I know this may shock you, my friends on the left, but most Senate Republicans dont particularly care how much teachers unions furiously denounce DeVos. The teachers unions are among the biggest financial supporters of Democrats. Opposition from teachers unions is a given for just about every Senate Republicans; theres no point in trying to reach out, build bridges, or reach compromise with someone who is determined to defeat you when your term is up.

Republican senators didnt find DeVoss belief that states and localities should set laws for guns in and around schools inherently disqualifying, and didnt find her comment about grizzly bears around schools in Wyoming so laughably absurd.

Senate Republicans dont particularly care if Kate McKinnon imitated DeVos on Saturday Night Live and it was glorious.

They dont care that she was ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah. Any Republican secretary of education nominee is going to be ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah.

Oh, there was a Facebook meme about Betsy DeVos that was shared a lot? Thats not the sort of thing that persuades a senator. (I see one of the disqualifying criticisms is DeVos never put her children in a public school. Neither did President Obama.)

What, the likes of Pat Toomey and Rob Portman, having just won reelection to a six-year term, should begin by alienating everyone who worked so hard to help them win reelection, and hand a victory to everybody who just spent the past two years trying to defeat them? Have you guys ever watched anything in politics ever before?

If a lot of Republicans in Virginia or New York or California had called up their senators offices urging a vote in favor of DeVos, do you think that Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, Chuck Schumer, Kirsten Gillibrand, Dianne Feinstein, or Kamala Harris would have changed their minds?

Eight years ago, most Republican senators voted for most of President Obamas nominees. The only nominees who faced significant opposition were Tim Geithner (34 votes), Kathleen Sebelius (31 votes), and Eric Holder (21 votes). Only six of Obamas picks required more than a voice vote. (There were 41 Republican senators at that time.) Did that bipartisan outreach and conciliatory approach pay off for Republican senators?

Did any liberal or progressive organization or voice salute those senators for their willingness to confirm President Obamas choices and get them on the job as quickly as possible? No, of course not. Ask a liberal today and theyll insist the Senate Republicans were the most obstructionist opposition party of all time.

In an environment where no outreach across the aisle is rewarded by the opposition, why are you surprised that theres so little of it?

Wow... You're working long hours today! Hope you are getting OT! Did they give you a break and lunch? Edited by ExiledInIllinois

by JimGerharty

Have you talked to your liberal friends who dont follow politics today? Whats surprising are the number of liberals who seem genuinely surprised and shocked and horrified and enraged and all kinds of other emotions about the fact that 50 out of 52 Senate Republicans voted to confirm Betsy DeVos as education secretary.

Start with the fact that Republican senators are going to be naturally inclined to confirm a Republican presidents nominees. Move on to the fact that DeVos has spent her career working for school choice, and most Republican senators strongly support school choice.

I know this may shock you, my friends on the left, but most Senate Republicans dont particularly care how much teachers unions furiously denounce DeVos. The teachers unions are among the biggest financial supporters of Democrats. Opposition from teachers unions is a given for just about every Senate Republicans; theres no point in trying to reach out, build bridges, or reach compromise with someone who is determined to defeat you when your term is up.

Republican senators didnt find DeVoss belief that states and localities should set laws for guns in and around schools inherently disqualifying, and didnt find her comment about grizzly bears around schools in Wyoming so laughably absurd.

Senate Republicans dont particularly care if Kate McKinnon imitated DeVos on Saturday Night Live and it was glorious.

They dont care that she was ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah. Any Republican secretary of education nominee is going to be ridiculed by Jimmy Kimmel and Trevor Noah.

Oh, there was a Facebook meme about Betsy DeVos that was shared a lot? Thats not the sort of thing that persuades a senator. (I see one of the disqualifying criticisms is DeVos never put her children in a public school. Neither did President Obama.)

If a lot of Republicans in Virginia or New York or California had called up their senators offices urging a vote in favor of DeVos, do you think that Tim Kaine, Mark Warner, Chuck Schumer, Kirsten Gillibrand, Dianne Feinstein, or Kamala Harris would have changed their minds?

Eight years ago, most Republican senators voted for most of President Obamas nominees. The only nominees who faced significant opposition were Tim Geithner (34 votes), Kathleen Sebelius (31 votes), and Eric Holder (21 votes). Only six of Obamas picks required more than a voice vote. (There were 41 Republican senators at that time.) Did that bipartisan outreach and conciliatory approach pay off for Republican senators?

Did any liberal or progressive organization or voice salute those senators for their willingness to confirm President Obamas choices and get them on the job as quickly as possible? No, of course not. Ask a liberal today and theyll insist the Senate Republicans were the most obstructionist opposition party of all time.

In an environment where no outreach across the aisle is rewarded by the opposition, why are you surprised that theres so little of it?

ask just one of these friends to name a local school board member or the superintendent. Most can't if you have kids you better damn well be able to name at least 2-3

I'm not smart enough to get my head around it yet fully but will be interested in 10-12 yrs how this is noted and affected our culture, historical choice and Al things that define us as a species. It is a let down to say the least that so many people have drawn a line in the sand and are unwilling to compromise

I assume he hates Trump but one day he was sitting in his easy chair wracking his brain on how to get out of this 22 year long nightmare. Then the lightbulb went on.......

Guy probably looked at the divorce papers and thought, "Holy crap! I didn't think he'd make America great again THAT fast!"

Chris Cuomo is an ethnic disparagement. He's a liberal progressive lap dog. He never followed up with Senator Flannelmouth who ignored his "probing and provocative" question about misrepresenting his military record. I'm sure once he uttered the question he felt his duty was done. Senator Flannelmouth's response? "There's no question that Judge Goresuch..." Senator Flannelmouth is a weasel.

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOsPOpqNOOQ

"Calling a journalist fake news is a racial slur"

Chris Cuomo

The same Chris Cuomo who told this whopper on CNN several times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcATG9Qy_A

I never heard of this guy until two days ago but he apologized for the slur comment. Seemed genuinely chastised. Unlike the leader of the US.

this is an idiotic statement. You adding that at the end made it so

Trump makes stupid statements all the time. He apologizes for none of them.

Apologies make a difference in a world of human frailty.

Maybe Coumo is a disaster and his apologies would fall on deaf ears. I don't know the guy. But he offered a sincere mea culpa.

Trump makes stupid statements all the time. He apologizes for none of them.

Apologies make a difference in a world of human frailty.

Maybe Coumo is a disaster and his apologies would fall on deaf ears. I don't know the guy. But he offered a sincere mea culpa.

Never one to defend boyst, but perhaps don't try so hard to piss on Trump with every sentence you type.

It borderline sounds like "Went to dinner with wife last night and had a tremendous steak, unlike the leader of the US, who will never be tremendous or a steak."