I really didn't think he would win, but.....

I imagine it's hard to resist the temptation of acting like a gigantic asshat when you know that no matter how obnoxious you are, you're not really going to be looked at as much more distasteful than your opponent.

You are aware that it's completely unclear which of the candidates you're talking about here?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything is correct, except they're still not admitting the obvious as to why they lost the election. Only Jim Ruttenberg at NYT is willing to touch the 3rd rail.

I'd be shocked if there was any admission outside of the fringes. They were so convinced of Hillary's coronation and so blind to the mood of the electorate, they rigged the primary for her and ran a campaign based entirely on "Trump Bad" when all along they had a popular candidate with great momentum who I'm convinced would have beaten Trump handily.

Bernie must be beyond furious this morning.

I imagine it's hard to resist the temptation of acting like a gigantic asshat when you know that no matter how obnoxious you are, you're not really going to be looked at as much more distasteful than your opponent. It's probably like knowing you can punch Cam Newton in the head 6-7 times and not get called for it.

It's simply impossible for me to comprehend just how bad of a person (and a candidate) Hillary Clinton has to be to lose...and lose badly...to a nutbag like Trump.

This past month she was Leodis McKelvin, Warren Moon, Mighty Casey and the 2016 Cleveland Indians stuffed into an adult diaper, wrapped in a Chairman Mao outfit, and set on fire in front of 300,000,000 people.

This past month she was Leodis McKelvin, Warren Moon, Mighty Casey and the 2016 Cleveland Indians stuffed into an adult diaper, wrapped in a Chairman Mao outfit, and set on fire in front of 300,000,000 people.

:lol:

If this election showed anything to anybody, it is that whatever negative thing you thought about the establishment that propped up Hillary- the-candidate was proved to be worse that what could have been imagined. This election was about her and her crony establishment machine and when people said they wanted change they were talking about an about face from the largesse and excess and elitism. From suppressing Bernie Sanders' candidacy to colluding with the mainstream media to play for pay while in office to taking liberties with classified information -- name it and it was worse. Dissing Latinos and the Catholic Church, and on and on. Everything was a sham brought to light.

I only started looking at the polls after Comey letter #1 was issued and things got tight and I figured that every close number in a battleground state was a Trump win. Then in the last 2 days before the election, things started drifting Clinton's way and I figured the shoo-in was going forward. I got food poisoning yesterday at lunch and got home and slept from 7:00pm to 2:00am. I woke up feeling like crap and turned on the TV figuring to see Hillary's smiling face. I saw Podesta's weasel face instead telling his silent Javitz Center audience to go home. I got a chuckle out of that.

That being said, I'm not optimistic that anything will be much different in the near future. I only hope that constitutional conservatism can make a comeback.

Bernie Sanders supporters like myself are giddy that the fake, arrogant and manipulative HRC lost on sheer hubris. The DNC and HRC learned a hard lesson- when you screw with the primary and skew the results through backroom deals, your blue collar Dem votes will dissapear as we refuse to vote.

Utterly thrilling. I am willing to give it a shot for good change vice utterly false "hope and change".

Bernie Sanders supporters like myself are giddy that the fake, arrogant and manipulative HRC lost on sheer hubris. The DNC and HRC learned a hard lesson- when you screw with the primary and skew the results through backroom deals, your blue collar Dem votes will dissapear as we refuse to vote.

Utterly thrilling. I am willing to give it a shot for good change vice utterly false "hope and change".

Could the DNC have honestly picked a worse candidate? Especially one that riles up every conservative. They did get what they deserve...

I never wander in here, but Trump actually said a few of the main things that Sanders said; that resonated with a lot of people. Also with the failed hope and change from Obama; there was so much more that could have been done. It honestly was more of the same, as always regardless of party. The only concern over the results that I have is that there is equality for everyone and the GOP is not known for that. Pence is deplorable as a creationist and down with gay therapy. He could have chose a much better running mate. I am curious to see how Trump deals with those in Congress from both parties who are a waste...

All in all the entire establishment needs to die, I am curious though as to why those fed up with the establishment keep sending the same GOP crooks in congress back every year. And yes the Dems have plenty of crooks and cronyism as well. Everyone should have been tossed out IMO...

Edited by Reed83HOF

Could the DNC have honestly picked a worse candidate? Especially one that riles up every conservative. They did get what they deserve...

I never wander in here, but Trump actually said a few of the main things that Sanders said; that resonated with a lot of people. Also with the failed hope and change from Obama; there was so much more that could have been done. It honestly was more of the same, as always regardless of party. The only concern over the results that I have is that there is equality for everyone and the GOP is not known for that. Pence is deplorable as a creationist and down with gay therapy. He could have chose a much better running mate. I am curious to see how Trump deals with those in Congress from both parties who are a waste...

All in all the entire establishment needs to die, I am curious though as to why those fed up with the establishment keep sending the same GOP crooks in congress back every year. And yes the Dems have plenty of crooks and cronyism as well. Everyone should have been tossed out IMO...

Like you, I never wander to these parts (I won't even begin to act like I know a lot about politics).

One thing I will say, I'm surprised with how much Obama was able to get pushed through with a majority republican house and senate. That is also the think I worry about with Trump, having the house and senate being majority republican he basically needs to come up with something really dumb to not get pushed through.

I agree about the establishment though. Two party system (or at least the practice of a two party system) doesn't work and needs to be gone. Whether you vote dem or rep you are voting for someone that has money owed to corporate. Maybe there should be a salary cap on candidates.

And for what it's worth, I've been a dem my whole life and voted for Johnson because I knew it didn't matter in my state and couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the other two.

Pence is deplorable as a creationist and down with gay therapy. He could have chose a much better running mate.

I assume they felt that needed to do something along those lines to help secure the religious right; probably because it was a coin flip whether trump himself was naturally going to alienate them.

One bit of relief I have is that this administration doesn't give me the sense that it's going to be loaded with theocrats.

Like you, I never wander to these parts (I won't even begin to act like I know a lot about politics).

One thing I will say, I'm surprised with how much Obama was able to get pushed through with a majority republican house and senate. That is also the think I worry about with Trump, having the house and senate being majority republican he basically needs to come up with something really dumb to not get pushed through.

I agree about the establishment though. Two party system (or at least the practice of a two party system) doesn't work and needs to be gone. Whether you vote dem or rep you are voting for someone that has money owed to corporate. Maybe there should be a salary cap on candidates.

And for what it's worth, I've been a dem my whole life and voted for Johnson because I knew it didn't matter in my state and couldn't bring myself to vote for either of the other two.

That's because Obama didn't push much through. He largely "legislated" via the CFR. 3,500 pages of new regulations a year.

It sounds like there were a lot more people like you than the media was willing to admit. They wanted us to believe everyone just forgot all about that whole rigged primary thing and lined right up behind Hillary, because you know, Trump is evilracistnazihatefulxenophobicKKKmisogynist.

It sounds like there were a lot more people like you than the media was willing to admit. They wanted us to believe everyone just forgot all about that whole rigged primary thing and lined right up behind Hillary, because you know, Trump is evilracistnazihatefulxenophobicKKKmisogynist.

I think you forgot the hash tag.

Grabien compiled a list of clips featuring experts and pundits predicting a “landslide” victory for Hillary Clinton this year. Some of these were recorded just days before the election, proving just how wrong nearly everyone was.
Take a look:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEkG9seHJco

Absolutely hilarious. Although I did note that most of those clips came from MSNBC, so that was not a surprise, not at all.

The bottom line is that MOST of the talking heads on TV are just advocates for one side or the other. And since MOST of the media are leftists/Democrats, this year, just about all of them were shills for Crooked Hillary.

Many of those journalists are starting to blame Facebook's/Google's favorites feature that recorded and suggested articles of interest that re-enforced the Liberal echo-chamber. Without knowing it, they shut themselves into safe-spaces of like-minded drones.

But...but...but...THEY WROTE THE GODDAMN ARTICLES!!!! :wallbash:

There's another hard lesson for Hillary and other pols. If you lie to the public and use your government position for personal financial gain and cover that up, many won't support you.

Bernie got a raw deal for sure and he was one of the most genuine of candidates on either side, but his agenda was an impossible one to pass and fund so he had no chance.