Colin Kaepernick didn't vote

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good.

One less low-information voter.

For the life of me I've never understood the idiots who whine about voter turnout or how the US should have mandatory voting.

The decision making of the electorate is bad enough as it is, how much worse do people want it to be??

For the life of me I've never understood the idiots who whine about voter turnout or how the US should have mandatory voting.

The decision making of the electorate is bad enough as it is, how much worse do people want it to be??

I'm with you.

The more elections I see, the more I become convinced that the right to vote should be restricted by some sort of literacy or "common sense" test ("Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, true or false? True? !@#$ you, you can't vote.")

People will whine that it "disproportionately targets minorities." And maybe it does...but it targets total !@#$ing morons even more disproportionately. Overall, I think that's a net gain.

The more elections I see, the more I become convinced that the right to vote should be restricted by some sort of literacy or "common sense" test ("Jet fuel can't melt steel beams, true or false? True? !@#$ you, you can't vote.")

People will whine that it "disproportionately targets minorities." And maybe it does...but it targets total !@#$ing morons even more disproportionately. Overall, I think that's a net gain.

Or not allowing non-property owners to vote on measures that raise property taxes.

Or we could just do the whole heinlein thing.

But Clinton and Trump are both white. Why would he vote for a white person? Down ballot choices also mostly white.

I'm surprised he didn't say that.

And I assume he's a resident of the Bay Area. We had nearly two dozen measures on the ballot. Voting for those does not make you a hypocrite. Double dumbass!

I know it's such a cliche, but with that attitude, he really does have to leave. The message in his quotes there is that it can't be fixed. So at that point, you're just willingly subjecting yourself to the so called oppression. Why?

Not only didn't Kaepernick vote, neither did more than half of the anti-Trump protesters in Oregon. Idiots.

More than half of the anti-Trump protesters arrested in Portland didn’t vote in Oregon, according to state election records.

At least sixty-nine demonstrators either didn’t turn in a ballot or weren’t registered to vote in the state.

Write about adolescent sexual fantasies and making soup out of the deceased?

I could see Joe going for that. That redhead from SD and her brother were going to turn him into a nice bouillabaisse and he was thisclose to going for it.

But Clinton and Trump are both white. Why would he vote for a white person? Down ballot choices also mostly white.

I disagree and think he has the right not to vote and to assess the situation as he sees it. I think his assessment is incorrect, but it is his to make.

If you called him and idiot for this part:

quote from Malcolm X: “If you don’t stand for something, you will fall for anything.”

then I totally agree because that is actually a quote from John Cougar Mellencamp who is as white as it gets.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• 2 weeks later...