Colin Kaepernick didn't vote

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has the right to vote or not vote. I think he is way off base with what he has said but it is his prerogative to draw his own conclusions about any issue/candidate/whatever. He is an individual and we are a nation of individuals. If he saw nothing on the ballot that he thought would right the wrongs he perceives, why should he vote? As a show?

Not voting is not necessarily blowing off your responsibility. If he put real thought into his decision not to vote and simply determined that no candidate in any race reflected something he thought would help, then he did the right thing. If he didn't put any thought into it, then that is disappointing.

He has the right to vote or not vote. I think he is way off base with what he has said but it is his prerogative to draw his own conclusions about any issue/candidate/whatever. He is an individual and we are a nation of individuals. If he saw nothing on the ballot that he thought would right the wrongs he perceives, why should he vote? As a show?

Not voting is not necessarily blowing off your responsibility. If he put real thought into his decision not to vote and simply determined that no candidate in any race reflected something he thought would help, then he did the right thing. If he didn't put any thought into it, then that is disappointing.

good post.

Put on your tinfoil hats...It almost seems like he is doing this for "street cred." He is mixed race, raised by a white suburban family, "does not look African american," has a Muslim girlfriend. If he wanted to fit in with his teammates and his community then becoming a black civil rights activist is a good way to get attention. Not to mention he was fading away into obscurity as a backup and now his jersey sales are near the top. He has a lot to gain personally.

Disclaimer: This is just a crazy conspiracy theory so I don't want to offend anybody and police brutality is a real issue to which I hope we can find a solution.

Edited by kdiggz

What exactly has he been doing to

Promote justice?

With his clout and money, he could really push the ball on lobbying efforts and increased funding for police training and hiring practices. In a lot of areas, police departments only have a few dollars per officer that they can allocate to training.

Drives me nuts when people don't take the initiative to actually do things. Talk is cheap.

constant articles about a QB on a 1-7 team

yea it's pretty lame. who care's if he votes or not. it's his RIGHT, not an obligation. people are so socialized it's not even funny. literally, think for yourself once and a while. ever think that maybe he didn't vote because both candidates were jokes and this election as a whole was an insult to America's people, and democracy. an election centered solely around scandal and division, labels.

you vote because you believe in what you're voting for...not because you feel obligated. a candidate needs to earn your vote, not get it be default because of party affiliation, race, or gender.

and again, the hatred for this man is getting pretty ridiculous. let people live their life, and focus on yours. haha dude doesn't know you exist. i'm sure he'll lose plenty of sleep over the loss of your respect.

Put on your tinfoil hats...It almost seems like he is doing this for "street cred." He is mixed race, raised by a white suburban family, does not look African american, has a Muslim girlfriend. If he wanted to fit in with his teammates and his community then becoming a black civil rights activist is a good way to get attention. Not to mention he was fading away into obscurity as a backup and now his jersey sales are near the top. He has a lot to gain personally.

Disclaimer: This is just a crazy conspiracy theory so I don't want to offend anybody and police brutality is a real issue to which I hope we can find a solution.

ahhhh hahahahaha that literally made me laugh out loud. so what does an "african american" look like? explain please. should we all be dark as night? should we all have big lips? bulging eyes? explain, please. while slaves were being raped on plantations and literally bred to make bigger stronger slaves (mandingos....look it up), it allowed us to be composed of many many different shades, sizes, shapes...defects (blue eyes, blonde hair. yes blacks can naturally posses those features). but please explain what we should look like, almighty creator.

i find it funny, that we are referred to as african american. blacks have been here since the DAWN of this country (and anthropologists suggest even before then, along with the vikings). yet we are still hyphenated. others are just american, unless of course they just gained citizenship. but oddly enough, we aren't even though we've been here longer than the majority of nationalities in this country, yet we aren't referred to as americans....hmmm perhaps it stems from blacks being seen as being only worth 3/5 of a human. haha we weren't even seen as being HUMAN. these are facts. look it up. we always have a label. "Colored"., "African American", "Negro", "Thug". and oh no, these weren't slang terms. these terms were used in documents, laws, propaganda, schooling, buildings, institutes. we were and never will be just "American". the hatred and racism is deep, and cognitive and taught at a subconscious level.

Go Bills!

Edited by 87168

ahhhh hahahahaha that literally made me laugh out loud. so what does an "african american" look like? explain please. should we all be dark as night? should we all have big lips? bulging eyes? explain, please. while slaves were being raped on plantations and literally bred to make bigger stronger slaves (mandingos....look it up), it allowed us to be composed of many many different shades, sizes, shapes...defects (blue eyes, blonde hair. yes blacks can naturally posses those features). but please explain what we should look like, almighty creator.

i find it funny, that we are referred to as african american. blacks have been here since the DAWN of this country (and anthropologists suggest even before then, along with the vikings). yet we are still hyphenated. others are just american, unless of course they just gained citizenship. but oddly enough, we aren't even though we've been here longer than the majority of nationalities in this country, yet we aren't referred to as americans....hmmm perhaps it stems from blacks being seen as being only worth 3/5 of a human. haha we weren't even seen as being HUMAN. these are facts. look it up. we always have a label. "Colored"., "African American", "Negro", "Thug". and oh no, these weren't slang terms. these terms were used in documents, laws, propaganda, schooling, buildings, institutes. we were and never will be just "American". the hatred and racism is deep, and cognitive and taught at a subconscious level.

Go Bills!

You must not be up on what has been said about him. Rodney Harrison said Colin Kaepernick is not black. The black community are the ones that say whether people are black enough. I agree, it's a joke. People are people and this country will eventually be all people of mixed races so we need to stop labeling each other imo. Trying to figure out do I fit in here or do I fit in there is nonsense. We are all American last I checked.

You must not be up on what has been said about him. Rodney Harrison said Colin Kaepernick is not black. The black community are the ones that say whether people are black enough. I agree, it's a joke. People are people and this country will eventually be all people of mixed races so we need to stop labeling each other imo. Trying to figure out do I fit in here or do I fit in there is nonsense. We are all American last I checked.

You're not allowed to check.

constant articles about a QB on a 1-7 team

He's relevant because I picked him up from the waiver wire last weekend for my fantasy team and helped me win! I think I'm dropping him this weekend though.

Kaep invalidates his rhetoric and reinforces his ignorance. Last time I checked there is more than one race on a ballot card. Youre not just voting for president, Kaep. You vote for sheriffs. You vote for senate. You vote for judges. Etc. By abstaining you refuse to participate in the very system you have the nerve to complain about; a system you profess "must be changed." You sure as hell wont change anything by taking a knee on election day. Ignorant prick.

Kaep invalidates his rhetoric and reinforces his ignorance. Last time I checked there is more than one race on a ballot card. Youre not just voting for president, Kaep. You vote for sheriffs. You vote for senate. You vote for judges. Etc. By abstaining you refuse to participate in the very system you have the nerve to complain about; a system you profess "must be changed." You sure as hell wont change anything by taking a knee on election day. Ignorant prick.

clap clap clap nice work