Hey Chef Jim..I need Advice

plenzmd1

either place is great...appreciate the help

Sonoma: We've lived here for almost 8 years and I think its safe to say we've been to Sonoma 50-75 times and Napa maybe 10.

Vinters's Inn in Santa Rosa. Awesome property surrounded by vines and a great restaurant. Just across he freeway from Willi's Wine Bar the best damn small plate restaurant in Sonoma

Madrona Manor. Great Victorian B&B. Stay in the Carriage House. It's a little more affordable. The tasting menu I had in their restaurant was one of the best I've ever had

The Fairmont Mission. I've never stayed but it looks really nice. Pricey but they keep the riff raff out. We wanted to stop in for a drink at the bar and we couldn't because we weren't staying there

The Ledson Hotel. They've redone it so not to sure how nice it is now. It's right in the town square of Sonoma. A great little village that is central to all the wineries in Sonoma

Napa. We have not stayed in Napa in a long time seeing since we moved here we have only taken day trips. But check these places out

The Pink Mansion. A B&B in Calistoga. We stayed there 10 years ago and it was nice. Great breakfasts.

Wine Way Inn. A B&B also in Calistoga. It was ok nothing super rememberable

Auberge du Soleil. I've only been there for a drink. Very expensive but it's up on the eastern slopes of the valley and has a fantastic view.

Regarding wineries I can help you with that too. I would take Sonoma over Napa any day. Sure the wine is better in Napa but it's a bit snobbier. Sonoma is much bigger so the crowds are nowhere near as big. There have been several times in Sonoma where we've been the only ones in the tasting room.

may even get you two!

<whispers> Just be glad he didn't ask for some Harlan.

Are you looking for Napa exclusively? Would you consider Sonoma? I know Sonoma a lot better. I can help in either place so let me know.

It's been years since we were there, but we actually enjoyed Sonoma more. I may be off on that or it may have changed.

After a little too much wine tasting, I sent my sister a case of very expensive wine as a thank you for keeping our kids during our trip. I should have just called her at 2:00am and slurred "I love you!! I called later to say "hey, don't cook with that!".

Why the hell would anyone ask Chef Jim for advice?? Seriously??

Sigh.....you can ask for all the advice of me you want. You just can't give me any. Well actually you can give all the advice you want. Just don't expect me listen to it let alone take it.

I have never been but I've heard that it absolutely does.

I had heard of it, but checked the website, menu and prices. I would never say it couldn't live up to the hype, but oh my! I do love good food, so..... That must be amazing. We did a helicopter trip into the Grand Canyon (twice, but the second time was free) for about the same price and I thought it was obscene, but some things you have to do once and forget about the money. This might be one.

Thank you Jim, much appreciated! May not have any money left after the markets open this morning, but still thank you!

In terms of the French Laundry, i have actually been, although it is now close to 16 years ago. Was worth every penny back then. Think it was about $300 for two us back then, sure it is quite a bit more now.

Still the best dining experience i have ever had, and i have eaten in a LOT of restuarants...and spent more too :doh: !! :wallbash: . We were lucky and knew a friend Mr. Keller, so maybe we did have some extra attention....