Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

I don't know who, but the kind of appointment that I would like at State,

is the one who would work hard at weeding out the entrenched, elite, lifetime, "experts" in that department.

Put Condi Rice back in. She's probably the best we've had since James Baker (yes, even better than Colin Powell.)

Did you expect them to act any differently?

Nope. I've come to realize the privileged left (which makes up most of my acquaintances) are completely incapable of self examination or the ability to lower themselves to even attempt to understand the country they live in as it exists outside of a handful of major cities and suburbs.

As for the USSC, I was much more afraid of Clinton radically changing the court for decades by adding two more young, far left wingers like Obama did. Trump winning keeps the court in balance.

I think it might have if the Dems had somehow managed to swipe the Senate, but this particular group without a clearly defined sense of boundaries just gives me the willies.

I was pretty hesitant about either of them, but I think the whole 'world is ending' reaction we're seeing from people is absurdly juvenile and ignorant of how the government works (usually very slowly and gradually).

I've actually had to explain to college educated people the POTUS can't launch nuclear weapons.

I don't have anything to say to people who are "scared". Scared of what, exactly?

As for the USSC, I was much more afraid of Clinton radically changing the court for decades by adding two more young, far left wingers like Obama did. Trump winning keeps the court in balance.

Ok, that is scary.

I've had to explain to college-educated people that the President can't just do anything he wants. Then I've asked them who their Congressional Representative is, and they typically don't know.

THAT should be the litmus test for voting. "Who represents you in the federal government?" Anyone who answers "The President" isn't allowed to vote.

Coming Media Discoveries
Watch closely.
Beginning as early as today, but definitely by January 20, 2017, the mainstream media will discover a host of problems, dangers, failures, troubles, mistakes, and catastrophes that somehow escaped their attention, or were considered unimportant, during the last eight years under Obama. For example,
When jobs numbers come out, nothing less than 250,000 full-time jobs will be considered ”strong.” A 4.9 percent unemployment rate will be considered almost as disastrous as the 4.2 percent rate under Bush in 2006.
“Real” unemployment will be adjusted once again by the labor force participation rate and will be found to be 9.5 percent, not 4.9 percent.
Crises in the Middle East will be attributed to American bellicosity and maladroit U.S. policy.
When Iran acquires a nuclear weapon, it will be because of then-current foreign policy failures.
Adding even twelve cents to the current $20 trillion national debt will be “unpatriotic” and a fiscal catastrophe in the making.
The worst race relations in 50 years will have commenced with, and will be due to, Republican control of the White House and Congress.
Public outrage over health insurance will have commenced with, and will be due to, Republican failure to fix the health care system.
Last year. We will learn that 13 million more people than in, oh, 2008, have instantly descended into poverty.
Anything less than 3 percent growth in any quarter will be due to abysmal administration failures.
The Justice Department will be found to have been horribly politicized. By Republicans.
There will be alarm over the derogation of the rule of law.
The ranks of racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and bigots of every stripe will have swelled tenfold.
Actual instances of government incompetence will be uncovered after eight years of astonishing bureaucratic perfection.
Welcome back mainstream media. Your eight -year vacation from reality is over.

Coming Media Discoveries
Watch closely.
Beginning as early as today, but definitely by January 20, 2017, the mainstream media will discover a host of problems, dangers, failures, troubles, mistakes, and catastrophes that somehow escaped their attention, or were considered unimportant, during the last eight years under Obama.

Many of you people do yourself a significant disservice with your constant cries for victimhood.

It makes you sound identical to those liberals you claim to despise but so often resemble.

:lol:

gu9e3Xwb_bigger.jpgStephen Miller @redsteeze 1h1 hour ago

At long last Rafael Cruz will face justice for his role in the JFK assassination

d0Q4voGK_bigger.jpgCBS NewsVerified account @CBSNews 17m17 minutes ago

NOW: Josh Earnest: "There are a lot of people who voted for Obama who voted for Trump in 2016... I don't have an explanation for that"

z16312753K,Rzecznik-Bialego-Domu-Josh-Ea

How about this Josh:

When you promise oceans receding & hope and don't deliver while media gleefully covers for you, they turn to something else.

Josh Earnest is pushing obamacare.Also ................apparently The White House wasn't paying attention last night

I don't have anything to say to people who are "scared". Scared of what, exactly?

My first year in college, Reagan is in the first year of his presidency. The movie "Deer Hunter" was playing on campus, so a few of us got high and went to watch it. The movie just crushed our mood and we left the theater, walked to the bar on campus, no one saying a word. We run into a friend who literally took one look at our faces and asked "Oh, crap. What did Reagan do?"

Hillary spent so much time warning everyone that Trump would start a nuclear war, it's no wonder her congregation is worried.

I was pretty hesitant about either of them, but I think the whole 'world is ending' reaction we're seeing from people is absurdly juvenile and ignorant of how the government works (usually very slowly and gradually).

I've actually had to explain to college educated people the POTUS can't launch nuclear weapons.

Ok, that is scary.

I've had to explain the nuclear weapons thing

The declaration of war

The fact that the draft is not up to the president

David duke is not friends with trump

Trump isn't going to build a wall

Trump isn't going to battle Putin

Hillary still can't with with pop7lar vote.

Yeah, it's a veritable A-list of wise leadership and self-respecting statesmen. <_<

Rudy, Christie and Carson strike me as very good men all capable of making a good contribution to the new administration. I get why a lot of people don't like Newt but he strikes me as a person who has a great grasp of our largest domestic issues.

Cw1tC1EXAAwfqQB.jpg

Definitely, one lesson of this election is that the Democratic Party does not need fresh blood in leadership positions, nosirree

Yeah. For ****'s sakes there isn't anyone in the house or senate that needs to get the hell out of the way more than Nancy (now that Reid is retiring).

Rudy, Christie and Carson strike me as very good men all capable of making a good contribution to the new administration. I get why a lot of people don't like Newt but he strikes me as a person who has a great grasp of our largest domestic issues.

Yeah. For ****'s sakes there isn't anyone in the house or senate that needs to get the hell out of the way more than Nancy (now that Reid is retiring).

Christie is poison. He needs to just fetch water and tea.

Will Newt not give Russia an "overcharge" button and create fake red lines? No? Great, he's qualified.

I'm sending Nance some exercise equipment.

I keed, I keed. I don't know where she lives.

z16312753K,Rzecznik-Bialego-Domu-Josh-Ea

How about this Josh:

When you promise oceans receding & hope and don't deliver while media gleefully covers for you, they turn to something else.

Josh Earnest is pushing obamacare.Also ................apparently The White House wasn't paying attention last night

If Obamacare is scrapped and replaced and the border is secured, what will be Obama's legacy?

Newt has a great knowledge of history, and not just domestic.

Hillary spent so much time warning everyone that Trump would start a nuclear war, it's no wonder her congregation is worried.

I have been saying this all along. Everyone was convinced RayGun was going launch us into thermo nuclear war with Russia. He didn't and while we had the Lebanon massacre and Grenada, it was a pretty peaceful time for America. More so than say the Bush (either), Obama, and Clinton administrations.

Of course that doesn't mean Trump won't, but this kind of of nuclear football hysterics have been wrong in the recent past.

Edited by reddogblitz

We're using a 15 year old AUMF to wage war on a group that didn't even exist 15 years ago.

I'm a little hesitant to make any assumptions about what our federal govt is or isn't capable of.