Game Day Thread: Election 2016

KD in CA

That was actually really, really good. He's right. Trump did what he needed to do, but now needs to do some major fence mending.

I sure hope he does a better job of it than the current President has.

I don't know if he can succeed, but I know (at least) he will try.

He is an executive...............with an executive mind

trying to bring people together to work out things is what they do.

I'm just afraid DC is just too broken.

That was actually really, really good. He's right. Trump did what he needed to do, but now needs to do some major fence mending.

I sure hope he does a better job of it than the current President has.

Fence mending?

Michigan and Pennsylvania are both looking like they'll go Trump. Michigan has 16 electoral votes, Pennsylvania has 20. Either one wins it for Trump. Unless I'm missing something.

Yup; and that's without AZ which appears to be secure.

Salute!!

Funny, funny stuff.

Watching ABC, and the discussion is that Hillary is losing because Trump brought out the white male vote...white males who hate the idea of a female president.

Now Juan Williams on FOX worries that minorities are schittin their pants and Trump is going to wake up tomorrow and start randomly gabbing Mexicans and throwing them over the border.

Now back to ABC, and Chuck Todd is trying to understand how a man who questioned Obama's birthplace is about to become president, and a skeleton who appears to be Tom Brokaw is trying to understand why white America would elect this man, and my hope is that liberal tears help me sleep soundly.

Fence mending?

Well yeah, I know. The nastiness in this election was about 90%/10% the other way, but the fact remains the guy (or girl) who wins is (or should, unless your name is Obama), kind of obligated to go beyond the norm to reach out. I know it won't make any difference to the angry, rich left on the coasts but it might help with the poor who didn't vote for him. Especially Hispanics.

By the way, what's happening in NH? Come on folks.

Edited by KD in CA

Trump is the opposite pendulum swing of the Obama presidency

You knew it would come eventually. That's part of the left wing arrogance, they assumed all gains were permanent.

Don't forget Alaska!

Hey, I'm hoping the NY Times is right and he gets 300.

Funny, funny stuff.

Watching ABC, and the discussion is that Hillary is losing because Trump brought out the white male vote...white males who hate the idea of a female president.

Now Juan Williams on FOX worries that minorities are schittin their pants and Trump is going to wake up tomorrow and start randomly gabbing Mexicans and throwing them over the border.

Now back to ABC, and Chuck Todd is trying to understand how a man who questioned Obama's birthplace is about to become president, and a skeleton who appears to be Tom Brokaw is trying to understand why white America would elect this man, and my hope is that liberal tears help me sleep soundly.

Two underappreciated factors from '12: a) Midwestern whites liked Obama then; b) Black turnout historic, They won't return to those levels

Democratic establishment made a historic mistake in closing ranks around Hillary Clinton so quickly, squeezing out viable challengers

HRC just too much baggage, too entitled an air, too many blithe lies to serious questions, too much certainty she'd never be accountable

The LEFT always assigns sinister motives to many Americans, especially Christians.

People couldn't take it anymore. They just want to live their lives.

The only Dem autopsy is going to be "wow we did everything perfectly, but they're more sexistracist than we thought".....

Sh%t like that is just ridiculous.

People are giving Trump far too much credit for being able to do what he wants. If Obama couldn't pass the health care bill he wanted, at the height of his popularity and with both houses of Congress in his pocket, what makes people think Trump will, when he doesn't even have his own party's support?

People are giving Trump far too much credit for being able to do what he wants. If Obama couldn't pass the health care bill he wanted, at the height of his popularity and with both houses of Congress in his pocket, what makes people think Trump will, when he doesn't even have his own party's support?

I think he will be strident

Two underappreciated factors from '12: a) Midwestern whites liked Obama then; b) Black turnout historic, They won't return to those levels

Democratic establishment made a historic mistake in closing ranks around Hillary Clinton so quickly, squeezing out viable challengers

HRC just too much baggage, too entitled an air, too many blithe lies to serious questions, too much certainty she'd never be accountable

The LEFT always assigns sinister motives to many Americans, especially Christians.

People couldn't take it anymore. They just want to live their lives.

The only Dem autopsy is going to be "wow we did everything perfectly, but they're more sexistracist than we thought".....

Yup, and good. If the early Facebook returns are any indication, they remain too arrogant to learn anything.

Funny, funny stuff.

Maybe if the media wasn’t so obviously stumping for Clinton, they wouldn't have generated the backlash that's electing Trump.

Morons. YOU are the ones that created this monster, with your bull **** "reporting." Own it.

I think he will be strident

Yeah, but you're an idiot.

Maybe if the media wasnt so obviously stumping for Clinton, they wouldn't have generated the backlash that's electing Trump.

Morons. YOU are the ones that created this monster, with your bull **** "reporting." Own it.

Yeah, but you're an idiot.

:lol:

Looks like ozymandias was prescient

No argument from me. Don't execrate the messenger.