Gerrard Warren allowed to seek trade

JP-era

Nothing like putting anyone who disagrees with you on ignore.

"Beautiful clothes Mr. Emperor"

252545[/snapback]

There is a total of 2 people on my ignore list. I have no problem with disagreement, but I think a select few have a problem with it and then resort to childish responses. Tolerance is a virtue, dont like my posts, dont read. Save the nasty cracks and sarcasm.

Hey JP-Era, will you let us know why you think it might be a good idea to trade TH for Warren, when you don't think it is a good idea to trade TH for Shelton? I am just wondering if I'm missing something.

Do you think Warren is much better than Shelton?

252539[/snapback]

Height: 6-4

Weight: 325 lbs.

Pos: Defensive Tackle

Born: July 25, 1978, Lake City, FL

Drafted: 2001, 1st Round, 3rd Pick by Cleveland Browns.

Experience: 4 years

College: Florida

DEFENSE STATS

YEAR TEAM G GS TOT SOLO AST PD SACK FF REC INT YDS TD

2001 CLE 15 15 61 52 9 6 5.0 0 0 0 0 0

2002 CLE 16 16 40 32 8 2 2.0 2 2 0 0 0

2003 CLE 16 15 32 25 7 1 5.5 0 2 0 0 0

2004 CLE 13 13 19 15 4 0 4.0 2 0 0 0 0

CAREER 60 -- 152 124 28 9 16.5 4 -- 0 0 0

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.

Name: Gerard Warren

Position: Defensive Tackle

Grade: 72 | Key

Alert: None

Comment:

Warren has everything you are looking for in a DT including size, athleticism, outstanding speed and quickness, and when focused, he can be an extremely active penetrating DT. He can play with good leverage at times, he will use his hands well and maintain good separation from the offensive linemen, and knows how to get off blocks, but he doesn't always do it. He is a little bit of an undisciplined player in terms of reading and reacting but that's really not his game. Needs to be on the move, he needs to have the ability to beat the offensive lineman with one step quickness, and he has the skills to be an outstanding interior pass rusher. Doesn't show a lot of interest in playing the run, while he can stack at the point of attack, he does not always shed with consistency, and he simply does not like to mix it up inside. Overall, Warren has a tremendous upside and should gradually improve if he stays healthy and maintains good physical conditioning.

This is his write up going into the 2004 season. he is on the verge of double digit sack seasons when not hurt and his numbers seem good, plus he is 26.