What to do at Right Tackle?

Bocephuz

Mills is not fine, he has looked bad more than against those two

That is an accurate statement. In the first few games against lesser edge rushers he was hanging on by a thread vs. the outside speed rush. The dam finally broke in Miami.

Yes, plus you don't pay a RT LT money

And Kujo at LT..................seriously? 4 starts in 3 years

Kujo looked very solid at LT this preseason and also was solid in filling in for Glenn the first few games this year.

LT was his college position... more of a natural fit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn can own RT and if Kujo is an upgrade on Mills and can man LT like he was earlier this year, then you have something goin. In todays game LT get the bucks but RT are facing some of the best rushers in the game as well.

To your point.. I believe the Bills flipped Jerry Hughes so he can go against RTs more often and other teams seem to be doing that as well.

I would also argue that the way TT plays RT is even more important than LT. If TT was a traditional drop back right handed pocket passer then maybe LT should be at a premium.. but what I've seen is that pass rush from his throwing hand side is worse for him.

It is also why he holds the ball longer than most. He keeps plays alive. There are goods and bars about it.

Exactly. Sometimes he's just too indecisive. Other times, though, he's buying time with his legs.

Jordan Mills is officially a tire fire after the last 3 games. He was abused in Miami, barely held on against the Pats and was abused in Seattle. His pass protection is a clear liability and some major adjustments need to be made.. right?

Here are some options.. what do you all think?

INTERNAL REPLACEMENTS

• Kouandjio - Is he even healthy? He was great at LT but can he go back to RT and be competent?
  • Henderson - Is he healthy? He was not very good when healthy but can he at least be a stop gap?

SCHEME ADJUSTMENTS

• Does Anthony Lynn need to give Mills or whoever the RT is more RB and TE help in pass protect?

FREE AGENTS

• Are there any plausible free agents out there to consider signing?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/right-tackle/available/

What bugs me about this post is that most of us here on TBD were worried about RT long before the season began. Yet DW did nothing. I'm not a Doug basher and he's done good work acquiring Lorax, Z. Brown and others. But it's disappointing that he couldn't find us someone better than Mills for RT.

Exactly. Sometimes he's just too indecisive. Other times, though, he's buying time with his legs.

What bugs me about this post is that most of us here on TBD were worried about RT long before the season began. Yet DW did nothing. I'm not a Doug basher and he's done good work acquiring Lorax, Z. Brown and others. But it's disappointing that he couldn't find us someone better than Mills for RT.

He was working with a limited budget.....and frankly the majority of the games Mills has not looked THAT bad

I also wonder if they took a calculated gamble that Seantrel Henderson was going to be back by now....who is much more athletic then Mills.

Well, I follow the belief system that you build a winner starting with the big guys on the line of scrimmage. So, I am okay with paying more money for linemen than most are. If you want to be dominant you have to have a great offensive line or a quarterback like Tom Brady. I don't think there are many Tom Brady's out there, so gimme a great line.

Then run the ball by committee - any back will do if your line is good enough. It has been proven again and again and again.

I agree. I have told my friends that if i was starting a team and could draft any player in history to play for me, after QB, the first player I would take is Anthony Munoz because I would not have to worry about LT again for 15 years.