What to do at Right Tackle?

Bocephuz

Jordan Mills is officially a tire fire after the last 3 games. He was abused in Miami, barely held on against the Pats and was abused in Seattle. His pass protection is a clear liability and some major adjustments need to be made.. right?

Here are some options.. what do you all think?

INTERNAL REPLACEMENTS

• Kouandjio - Is he even healthy? He was great at LT but can he go back to RT and be competent?
  • Henderson - Is he healthy? He was not very good when healthy but can he at least be a stop gap?

SCHEME ADJUSTMENTS

• Does Anthony Lynn need to give Mills or whoever the RT is more RB and TE help in pass protect?

FREE AGENTS

• Are there any plausible free agents out there to consider signing?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/right-tackle/available/

Edited by Bocephuz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i've read and heard Kujo is better on the left and the eye test confirms it. Why not move Glenn over, if he can handle the transition he could turn into a road grader over there. It would allow them to put their best 5 on the field IMO

Defenses line up talented pass rushers all over the field in todays game so I don't really think left or right tackle are much different other than one being the "blind side"

Glad we spent that 2nd round pick on Kouandijo, instead of including it in the Watkins deal instead of our 2015 1st round pick.

I'm sorry, has this terrible Doug Whaley decision reached its statute of limitations and we aren't allowed to discuss it anymore?

Edited by BrooklynBills

From what i've read and heard Kujo is better on the left and the eye test confirms it. Why not move Glenn over, if he can handle the transition he could turn into a road grader over there. It would allow them to put their best 5 on the field IMO

Defenses line up talented pass rushers all over the field in todays game so I don't really think left or right tackle are much different other than one being the "blind side"

Glenn is being paid to play LT. No team invests 60M on someone to play RT.

Whaley doesn't put a premium on lineman, and is why he didn't draft a RT last yr and said guards aren't valuable.

In fairness, Whaley took Kouandijio and Miller is 2014 and 2015 respectively. But it's a huge swing and miss to draft an OT who had medical issues and then watch him not make the starting roster.

Glenn is being paid to play LT. No team invests 60M on someone to play RT.

In fairness, Whaley took Kouandijio and Miller is 2014 and 2015 respectively. But it's a huge swing and miss to draft an OT who had medical issues and then watch him not make the starting roster.

We REALLY REALLY needed to draft one last yr and he didn't nor addressed it through free agency

That is actually a sensible idea... Kujo was very solid early in the year filling in for Glenn on the left... the position he played in college. He has never really looked comfortable at RT.

As long as the line as a whole is functioning I don't know why it matters if Glenn or Kujo plays LT. Glenn already got his LT long term big bucks contract so I doubt if he would object... and I think it would be just for this season anyway. We need to either draft or get permanent FA RT for long term.

Edited by Bocephuz

Jordan Mills is officially a tire fire after the last 3 games. He was abused in Miami, barely held on against the Pats and was abused in Seattle. His pass protection is a clear liability and some major adjustments need to be made.. right?

Here are some options.. what do you all think?

INTERNAL REPLACEMENTS

• Kouandjio - Is he even healthy? He was great at LT but can he go back to RT and be competent?
  • Henderson - Is he healthy? He was not very good when healthy but can he at least be a stop gap?

SCHEME ADJUSTMENTS

• Does Anthony Lynn need to give Mills or whoever the RT is more RB and TE help in pass protect?

FREE AGENTS

• Are there any plausible free agents out there to consider signing?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/right-tackle/available/

my quess is Glenn goes to RT and Kujo goes to LT eventually. just a guess. I am not convinced Glenn is anything but a very good LT. Kujo is a beast at LT and will be a star once he's old enough to shave...

Edited by 8and8-->NoMore

I'm less concerned about RT and more concerned with how long TT holds onto the football. For starters, he's dead last in just how long on average he's holding onto the ball before making a play past the line of scrimmage (pass or throw).

I'm less concerned about RT and more concerned with how long TT holds onto the football. For starters, he's dead last in just how long on average he's holding onto the ball before making a play past the line of scrimmage (pass or throw).

Was just going to post this. Have you ever in your life seen someone hang on to the ball as long as Tyrod? Not even in backyard football! It's exciting to watch but no line is going to hold up to that

Mills was a human turnstile last night. Need a TE over there to chip and assist. RT should be a priority next off season. The offense is solid when healthy. The roster has talent but injuries hamper them and the buy should help.

Was just going to post this. Have you ever in your life seen someone hang on to the ball as long as Tyrod? Not even in backyard football! It's exciting to watch but no line is going to hold up to that

If you look at the over head shots, many times the receivers are not open. No separation. He will have to learn to trust them and throw to a spot.

In my 35 years of watching football, I can honestly say I haven't. It's mind boggling that he can escape from some of the pressure that comes his way, but that's why he's top-5 in the NFL in sacks taken.

In my 35 years of watching football, I can honestly say I haven't. It's mind boggling that he can escape from some of the pressure that comes his way, but that's why he's top-5 in the NFL in sacks taken.

Yep! When he does escape it sure is fun to watch but many times its completely unnecessary. Throw the ball and you won't be under that kind of pressure.

It is also why he holds the ball longer than most. He keeps plays alive. There are goods and bars about it.