Tyrod's interception

Oh PLEASE stop...-It was a BAD throw... Woods doesn't catch up to that ball on a f___ing motorcycle... Sherman was the ONLY player in the vivcinity! -Chucking the ball up without vetting the coverage is something COLLEGE QB's do, not pros....While Tyrod has occasional rhythm with his receivers, it's nowhere NEAR what it should be for an NFL starter....

Hey threw the fly with anticipation and Woods sat in the zone.

I am not going to slam him there because he did what I have been wanting him to and that is throw with anticipation

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh PLEASE stop...-It was a BAD throw... Woods doesn't catch up to that ball on a f___ing motorcycle... Sherman was the ONLY player in the vivcinity! -Chucking the ball up without vetting the coverage is something COLLEGE QB's do, not pros....While Tyrod has occasional rhythm with his receivers, it's nowhere NEAR what it should be for an NFL starter....

Look at this bonehead take! Woods didn't know what route TT called.

Anyway, they scored 8 five min later......

He also seemed to be throwing more OVER THE MIDDLE passes. That I like and hopefully will continue with yards after the catch for a change. Things are looking more positive, however, I still think his biggest error is not seeing the field when under pressure or scrabbling. There was a moment in the game where he rolled to the right running and Hunter was wide open in the end zone. He never even looked and ran it out of bounds.

Agree I also was happy with him using the middle of the field over 10 yards

Hey threw the fly with anticipation and Woods sat in the zone.

I am not going to slam him there because he did what I have been wanting him to and that is throw with anticipation

Same with the 4th down throw at the end of the game. Somehow a 3 man rush flushed him very quickly (mills..! UGH), and he threw where woods was going to be

Agree I also was happy with him using the middle of the field over 10 yards

The 2 min drill before half i thought he did pretty well there taking some good shots. Not just the 5-10 yard stuff, but the 20-30 yard over the middle gains.

Same with the 4th down throw at the end of the game. Somehow a 3 man rush flushed him very quickly (mills..! UGH), and he threw where woods was going to be

Agree here and Woods was knocked off his route illegally and wasn't called

The 2 min drill before half i thought he did pretty well there taking some good shots. Not just the 5-10 yard stuff, but the 20-30 yard over the middle gains.

Biggest comment in Bold

I agree! If you're going to lose, I'd rather lose having taken some shots instead of playing timid. I really liked a lot about how our O looked last night. It was a good game and we were in it to the end, despite the zebras' best efforts.

Sorry if this has been discussed already but if it has, I haven't seen it.

One of the biggest positives of last night's game (and there were a lot of them, including this team's newfound mental toughness) was Tyrod's interception.

You heard that right.

The interception was an example of Tyrod trying to "throw his receiver open." As it happened, the receiver and Tyrod were not on the same page about where the route was going, leading to a pick. But IMO it's exactly what Tyrod needs to do to take his game to the next level - throw to a spot downfield and let his receiver run to it, instead of waiting for his receiver to be standing there, open. Tyrod gets a lot of credit for his lack of turnovers but the other side of that has been an unwillingness to take chances downfield and trust his routes. It was a MAJOR positive and I hope his coaches feel the same way.

yep. if this was a home game the communication is clearer and that is a TD. as I have said, they played great and were in a winning position. just ran out of time against a top 10 team....

I agree, I would prefer TT to start taking more calculated gambles in appropriate situations at the cost of a turnover. I can live with a turnover on their side of the field in the attempt at a big play. Will the coaching staff agree with this though?

they are getting there. we saw a football team grow a lot last night.

I agree with this 100%, and I've been very hard on Tyrod to date regarding his flaws.

This was an example of a clear miscommunication between Tyrod and his receiver, which doesn't happen unless Tyrod is anticipating a route, and throwing his receiver open.

This sort of this happens when a Quarterback is doing his job.

Thank you... Now everyone can see what an irretrievably BAD decision it was to throw that ball... For a 5-year veteran Tyrod's "anticipation" is AWFUL.... I'm sorry did I say awful? -Because I actually meant AWWFULL! -This isn't NFL starting material.

Once again I say...your idea of "nfl starting material" needs a serious re evaluation

I agree with this 100%, and I've been very hard on Tyrod to date regarding his flaws.

This was an example of a clear miscommunication between Tyrod and his receiver, which doesn't happen unless Tyrod is anticipating a route, and throwing his receiver open.

This sort of this happens when a Quarterback is doing his job.

And I will take this, very happily right now....

Look at this bonehead take! Woods didn't know what route TT called.

Anyway, they scored 8 five min later......

Once again I say...your idea of "nfl starting material" needs a serious re evaluation

:lol: Why the hell did he throw the ball?... It was second and 6 and he was under ZERO pressure... What MORON looks at this play. and praises Tyrod's "anticipation"??? He didn't Look where he was throwing the damn ball! -Period.

:lol: Why the hell did he throw the ball?... It was second and 6 and he was under ZERO pressure... What MORON looks at this play. and praises Tyrod's "anticipation"??? He didn't Look where he was throwing the damn ball! -Period.

I'm a moron. You seem to have a handle on things, my friend. Edited by Coach Tuesday

I'm a moron. You seem to have a handle on things, my friend.

You don't have to be, coach... Every time I look at that play I see something better TT could have done... It's 2nd and 6... A checkdown to an open and running McCoy on the left... He could have tucked that thing and sprinted though a HUGE hole right in front of him... The throw was AT BEST unwise... At worst? -Let's just say this team needs a legitimate Starting QB...

yep. if this was a home game the communication is clearer and that is a TD. as I have said, they played great and were in a winning position. just ran out of time against a top 10 team....

they are getting there. we saw a football team grow a lot last night.

This warms my heart, seriously.

You don't have to be, coach... Every time I look at that play I see something better TT could have done... It's 2nd and 6... A checkdown to an open and running McCoy on the left... He could have tucked that thing and sprinted though a HUGE hole right in front of him... The throw was AT BEST unwise... At worst? -Let's just say this team needs a legitimate Starting QB...

I was watching Big Ben the other nite and thought "hey< they all do this" When looking at the replay there are often guys getting open. But that is not what the QB sees.

More to the game than a Fans birds eye view perhaps?

I was watching Big Ben the other nite and thought "hey< they all do this" When looking at the replay there are often guys getting open. But that is not what the QB sees.

More to the game than a Fans birds eye view perhaps?

The better QB's consistently see more of their options.... and let's not pretend that their haven't been previous brain farts by TT... :lol: You guys are going to run out of positive takes for Tyrod's f%#! - ups

The better QB's consistently see more of their options.... and let's not pretend that their haven't been previous brain farts by TT... :lol: You guys are going to run out of positive takes for Tyrod's f%#! - ups

Don't misunderstand me or take my note as a broad sweep.

Tyrod needs tons of work.

But even Ben is no tomas brady. Plays are always left on the field. A qb will never see everything. None of them do. With time Tryod will see more, the game will slow down and he will process quicker. Like Brady said this year. the game has slowed down for him.

I understand Taylor has regressed in some areas this season. But that does not mean he will continue.

Methinks the Coaching staff has done alright by him.

and i see how many can be dissatisfied.. I just do not agree. He is improving and working hard for us.

Go TT !

Don't misunderstand me or take my note as a broad sweep.

Tyrod needs tons of work.

But even Ben is no tomas brady. Plays are always left on the field. A qb will never see everything. None of them do. With time Tryod will see more, the game will slow down and he will process quicker. Like Brady said this year. the game has slowed down for him.

I understand Taylor has regressed in some areas this season. But that does not mean he will continue.

Methinks the Coaching staff has done alright by him.

and i see how many can be dissatisfied.. I just do not agree. He is improving and working hard for us.

Go TT !

:mellow: Is he worth 27 million right now? Yes or no.

Edited by #34fan

I'm I the only one who saw that INT, and thought that Woods sat down in a soft spot in the zone. It was a good play by the WR, and close your eyes and chuck it by the QB. The pre snap read on the defense was way off there. Especially against a team that plays a lot of 3 deep zone. Woods found the perfect spot to sit down in against coverage, TT chucked it right at the coverage.

Poor pre and post snap read from the QB.

I do not have to make that decision today. Now do I ?

:mellow: How DARE you scorn my bait.

I'm I the only one who saw that INT, and thought that Woods sat down in a soft spot in the zone. It was a good play by the WR, and close your eyes and chuck it by the QB. The pre snap read on the defense was way off there. Especially against a team that plays a lot of 3 deep zone. Woods found the perfect spot to sit down in against coverage, TT chucked it right at the coverage.

Poor pre and post snap read from the QB.

:thumbsup: