Tyrod's interception

Sorry if this has been discussed already but if it has, I haven't seen it.

One of the biggest positives of last night's game (and there were a lot of them, including this team's newfound mental toughness) was Tyrod's interception.

You heard that right.

The interception was an example of Tyrod trying to "throw his receiver open." As it happened, the receiver and Tyrod were not on the same page about where the route was going, leading to a pick. But IMO it's exactly what Tyrod needs to do to take his game to the next level - throw to a spot downfield and let his receiver run to it, instead of waiting for his receiver to be standing there, open. Tyrod gets a lot of credit for his lack of turnovers but the other side of that has been an unwillingness to take chances downfield and trust his routes. It was a MAJOR positive and I hope his coaches feel the same way.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive said for a few weeks that id be ok seeing a few more turnovers if it meant he was playing the role of nfl qb. they happen, and arent the end of the world if it means you have been taking the shots you should be and also hitting them sometimes.

One of the biggest positives of last night's game (and there were a lot of them, including this team's newfound mental toughness) was Tyrod's interception.

You heard that right.

The interception was an example of Tyrod trying to "throw his receiver open." As it happened, the receiver and Tyrod were not on the same page about where the route was going, leading to a pick. But IMO it's exactly what Tyrod needs to do to take his game to the next level - throw to a spot downfield and let his receiver run to it, instead of waiting for his receiver to be standing there, open. Tyrod gets a lot of credit for his lack of turnovers but the other side of that has been an unwillingness to take chances downfield and trust his routes. It was a MAJOR positive and I hope his coaches feel the same way.

Yes, this is one of Tyrod's greatest flaws as a QB and yes, he was trying to achieve something more on the interception...so in a backward way, you have to give him credit for that.

Oh PLEASE stop...-It was a BAD throw... Woods doesn't catch up to that ball on a f___ing motorcycle... Sherman was the ONLY player in the vivcinity! -Chucking the ball up without vetting the coverage is something COLLEGE QB's do, not pros....While Tyrod has occasional rhythm with his receivers, it's nowhere NEAR what it should be for an NFL starter....

Oh PLEASE stop...-It was a BAD throw... Woods doesn't catch up to that ball on a f___ing motorcycle... Sherman was the ONLY player in the vivcinity! -Chucking the ball up without vetting the coverage is something COLLEGE QB's do, not pros....While Tyrod has occasional rhythm with his receivers, it's nowhere NEAR what it should be for an NFL starter....

i always love getting actual video to review before dissecting a specific play, but i think most are talking about the broader concept which is something he has to start doing.

i always love getting actual video to review before dissecting a specific play, but i think most are talking about the broader concept which is something he has to start doing.

Agree and why I am not slamming TT for that pick. It happens when throwing with anticipation

I agree with OP also, TT has been great at protecting the ball to a fault.

I saw on the broadcast last night that the Bills set a record as a team for turnovers through the first 8 games with 4 total, only 2 ints yet they only have 4 wins to show for it.

I agree, I would prefer TT to start taking more calculated gambles in appropriate situations at the cost of a turnover. I can live with a turnover on their side of the field in the attempt at a big play. Will the coaching staff agree with this though?

You heard that right.

I was annoyed by the miscommunication, but yes, I agree that it was an indication that he was throwing with a bit more anticipation.

That's what he needs more of, in every aspect of the game: anticipation. Make the throw before the break, climb the pocket before the pressure comes in, etc.

I was annoyed by the miscommunication, but yes, I agree that it was an indication that he was throwing with a bit more anticipation.

That's what he needs more of, in every aspect of the game: anticipation. Make the throw before the break, climb the pocket before the pressure comes in, etc.

a lot of which is properly reading the field before the snap.

watch the highlight again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX2J4jJVNK8

sherman starts to bail immediately for the deep route and the WR cuts out after 10 yards. if the wr would've been running deep the whole time it would've at least been a 50/50 ball. he wouldn't have, as you say, needed a !@#$ing motorcycle. just some solid hyperbole by someone who doesnt know what they're talking about.

If we're going to throw an INT, it might as well be into the endzone... its not a lot different than punting at that point, so I've no real issue with it.

except it was 2nd and 6 and we were driving. he had clay who just brushed off a defender just over the middle that had some room to run. i like the downfield throw but clay could have rumbled

watch the highlight again.

sherman starts to bail immediately for the deep route and the WR cuts out after 10 yards. if the wr would've been running deep the whole time it would've at least been a 50/50 ball. he wouldn't have, as you say, needed a !@#$ing motorcycle. just some solid hyperbole by someone who doesnt know what they're talking about.

Thank you... Now everyone can see what an irretrievably BAD decision it was to throw that ball... For a 5-year veteran Tyrod's "anticipation" is AWFUL.... I'm sorry did I say awful? -Because I actually meant AWWFULL! -This isn't NFL starting material.

He also seemed to be throwing more OVER THE MIDDLE passes. That I like and hopefully will continue with yards after the catch for a change. Things are looking more positive, however, I still think his biggest error is not seeing the field when under pressure or scrabbling. There was a moment in the game where he rolled to the right running and Hunter was wide open in the end zone. He never even looked and ran it out of bounds.