Rex: Darby was benched because he was sick

YoloinOhio

If you watch the press conference somebody asks why Darby was benched and Rex's immediate response is, "why do you think?" He then pauses for a moment and comes up with the "Darby was sick" thing.

I'm not sure what to think here. It might just be Rex protecting a player to the media or perhaps he wasn't quite himself but when his immediate response is "why do you think?" it makes you wonder if it was because of an "illness."

What's his excuse been for the other games in which he's been roasted routinely?

would you be up to going over some finer points of this with me? All I can find when prelim glance is safety help and leaving corners out on their own. Very few can do that. Sherman can't even hold his own without safety help

would you be up to going over some finer points of this with me? All I can find when prelim glance is safety help and leaving corners out on their own. Very few can do that. Sherman can't even hold his own without safety help

If time allows, absolutely.

I have a pretty busy week coming up, so I'll be able to post intermittently, but not sure how much time I'll have to really hit the tapes.

Rex's defense is inflexible and ill-advised. It requires things that the Bills do not have, and perhaps no team has. In today's NFL you cannot expect to leave corners on an island and not draw flags constantly.

. . . for example, the defense requires foolish things like DBs covering receivers and making plays.

The horror.

The DBs deserve their share of the blame but for Pete's sake, the coaches need to make better adjustments when their guys are struggling. Surprised anyone doubts this.

On the other hand, pressure reduces the time that DBs have to cover (in addition to sacking RW).

. . . for example, the defense requires foolish things like DBs covering receivers and making plays.

The horror.

Yeah, but when they've consistently shown they'll get beaten deep without safety help why do they consistently have no safety help? It's maddening.

Yeah, but when they've consistently shown they'll get beaten deep without safety help why do they consistently have no safety help? It's maddening.

Depends on play and number of receivers etc.

It also does not help that AW is out.