Building a bullied

4merper4mer

You build a bully, you build a team, you build a unit that protects one another. Most of us here played sports, including football. Some here never did and/or played soccer so they don't count.

How many here had experiences where one of yours gets taken out and there is payback? Hell, middle school we learned this lesson. We played with no heart and lost by 2 in our first game. We did bear crawls, army crawls, sprints for 90 minutes. The next game someone got taken out w a broken leg. We knocked the kid cold out on a crack back block. When your coach builds your team with heart, disciplines you and builds you to be tough you may get penalties. You may get unsportsman like calls, we did. We got called 3 times for chanting body count after we took their guys out.

This isnt memory lane or peewee compared to NFL. This is simply about coaching. Good teams. Being tough in adversity. Building a unit

We need to swing our dicks on the field. We ain't **** til we do. Seattle has a rep for being hard hitting and a bully and they got away with it to their advantage last night and always do because the refs won't call it all because they can't or won't. Sure, Sherman is a piece of **** but those shots are what you have to take when you're playing a mans game. To be clear, I'm not talking about the carp hit. The Powell hit was cheap but he got away with it and it is within the rules, though bull ****.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they know it's always the retaliation that gets the flag.

I'm not on the side of retaliation or cheap shots. I'm on the side of get away with what you can when you can. Maybe the next series you lay a lick on Sherman. Maybe you call a play where Felton goes after Sherman. Some times that is how you need to do it. You don't play to injure someone. You play to eliminate them from the play of contest in a legal yet brutal way.

Maybe they know it's always the retaliation that gets the flag.

Certain things are not worth the flag...Woods taunting call was actually retaliation for example. Not worth it.

Letting Landry end a guy's career in front of your eyes is unacceptable, even if the necessary retaliation comes 5 weeks too late. That is worth 100 flags because without it we are everyone's punching bag. Clearly the league/refs could give a crap about Aaron Williams. You'd hope his teammates would give a crap.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Yes! Hand out some participation awards for all the heart they showed in exchange for the MILLIONS OF DOLLARS they receive.

With respect: this is a foolish comment. This has nothing to do with a kid or anyone else getting a "participation" award for merely showing up.

The team fought hard through adversity. You can poo poo that if you want to push a narrative.

P.S. I had a difficult time sleeping last night because results do matter . . . as do blown officiating calls and our all pro center breaking his leg.

This has nothing to do with being on the field. It has everything to do with sticking up for your team.

So why blame Gilmore alone when when Jarvis Landry got no repercussions? A jersey exchange? Common man that is an excuse to pin crap on Gilmore that not a single guy on the team is doing. Did ANYONE say ANYTHING to Sherman after the game? Did Carp even say anything? But it's Gimore's fault because he is the scapegoat of the year 2016? Great.

Newsflash: Gilmore will probably be gone next year and if we're still pansies we'll still get pushed around with or without him.

I was listening to the post game on Sirius NFL Radio and Gannon said something to the effect of "I was really impressed with the Bills effort here tonight. They are a tough team to handle."

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that the past 17 years......

you'd probably have like 5 bucks. Sadly this is the best team we've had during that span.

I think this is more about sticking up for your teammates getting cheapshotted. Last year was just them taking stupid penalties.

Sure, take the personal foul pushing you out of FG position, punt, and prove your point. Who needs points as long as we proved our point? Now, the sick irony is the ref standing over the ball causing us to get a delay of game penalty, pushing us back another 5 yards that taking points off the board. SERIOUSLY? We see memorable stuff in prime time games!

Sure, take the personal foul pushing you out of FG position, punt, and prove your point. Who needs points as long as we proved our point? Now, the sick irony is the ref standing over the ball causing us to get a delay of game penalty, pushing us back another 5 yards that taking points off the board. SERIOUSLY? We see memorable stuff in prime time games!

They could have waited two plays I suppose.

But by all means, just keep putting up with this crap. It'll be fun watching Landry prance around the Ralph in a few weeks right?

If you retaliate, you're the one who always gets the punishment. Either fines, suspensions, or both.

In hockey, if you do this kind of crap someone tries to fight you. And you still get the fines/suspensions/both. Also, seeing the teams more often means i can get some revenge later. We won't see sherman anytime soon, so he can get away with it. And by the time we do see him again, we'll be a different team.

I think the goal was to beat them on the scoreboard, by NOT getting stupid retaliation penalties. And we almost did all things considered.

Edited by dneveu

Huh?

Are you stoned again? Because it sounds like you're stoned again.

Just laughing at your meltdowns. Start 3 more threads Sally.

We should sign Clint Eastwood and John Wayne, they will straighten that punk Landry out!

Lolololol.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Just laughing at your meltdowns. Start 3 more threads Sally.

We should sign Clint Eastwood and John Wayne, they will straighten that punk Landry out!

Lolololol.

Ok cool. You've finally explained yourself well, even if it took a while. Congrats.

And isn't Sally the one buying you dinner? I'm not Sally I can tell you that.

If you retaliate, you're the one who always gets the punishment. Either fines, suspensions, or both.

In hockey, if you do this kind of crap someone tries to fight you. And you still get the fines/suspensions/both. Also, seeing the teams more often means i can get some revenge later. We won't see sherman anytime soon, so he can get away with it. And by the time we do see him again, we'll be a different team.

I think the goal was to beat them on the scoreboard, by NOT getting stupid retaliation penalties. And we almost did all things considered.

Are you sure? A lot of people seem to disagree.....

Are you sure? A lot of people seem to disagree.....

How'd they do with the scoreboard goal?

Was Sherman still pushing them around and getting away with it by say......the last play of the game perhaps? Did Landry make any big plays after the Bills cowered away from him?

When is Aaron Williams coming back?

Very simple rule; someone goes for the plant leg of your kicker, you !@#$ that guy up. That's not just a bit cheap, it can be career-altering on a player that can do nothing to protect himself once in the kicking motion.

Someone brought up the incident where Ryan Miller got decked by Milan Lucic. Not a hockey guy but I know the play in question. At the wrong end of the ice, with a potential 3-on-1 situation, nobody gave him what he deserved. Same with the hit by Sherman, the one by Landry too. This team is fundamentally soft because they won't be the enforcers. Hell, even the spear tackle on JWill and the "tackle" by DeAngelo Hall on Chris Gragg in the Redskins PS game. Nobody did anything, just stood idle.

Not all penalties are equal. I'll defend any player that seeks someone out in response to a cheap shot.