Tyrod Taylor played better than expected tonight...

fridge

But the objective fact still needs its context. The context here is they ran the ball on 1st down, he was sacked twice and then admittedly was off the mark on 1 throw.

So did he pull it out? No. But it is not like he was the main cause of the failure either.

Find where I said that.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just finished watching the game and TT played a hell of a game but really missed on his last throw. Hopefully he continues to improve and learns how to win games in the clutch.

Not sure if he missed the throw. I think Woods makes the catch if he wasn't knocked off his route

Can we just make everyone put TT Supporter or TT Basher in their signature and move on? No one is bending and believes they are right.

These get ugly quick.

I must be the exception then because whilst at this moment I am against taking up the option if we get 5 or 6 more games like last night in the last 7 then my mind will be changed.

I have supported Tyrod but not because I think that he is a great QB. I think that he is a good QB (middle of the league type). He still has upside too. I just think that it is so, so hard to find solid QB play that I am not dumping that to start over (especially with this QB crop). It is just hard to find to find an upgrade IMO. At the 18th or 20th highest paid starter I have no issues with it.

If you had a shot at a really safe prospect (like Luck was) that would be different. The 1st pick in the draft though is still sitting behind Case Keenum.

I want my QB to have the ability to do this.

@RealFootballTV

Stafford recorded 5th comeback win this season "They believe if they're down 1 score, Stafford gets it done" More: https://goo.gl/ga8PLO

CwwMlBYUsAAtJ-8.jpg

And when have the Lions ever been lucky?

OK, so the Vikings missed an extra point Sunday, and their coach called a late time-out that gave the Lions a little extra time, and their coach also gambled by ceding the middle of the field on the Lions’ final drive, because Matthew Stafford and Co. had no time-outs, and the Vikings bet the house that Stafford couldn’t complete a deep pass down the seam and get the clock stopped in time to attempt a field goal.

Sounds more like the Vikings blew it Bills style...

Finally something we agree on :w00t::thumbsup:

Sign me up! Where do we sign him?

Honestly - i have an irrational hatred of Stafford because he looks like an old roommate who skipped out on rent... But he is an 8th year starter with the same team, and grew into this comeback role. His first 2 years didn't seem to put out the comeback kid vibe. He's turned out to be a pretty good player though - so good for him. His cap hit is also higher than TT's will be, and he's in line for a raise.

Edited by dneveu

and wins? (47-57 FYI),,,is that important?

Team sport - yadda yadda yadda. In either case - He's a fine QB. That isn't to be argued. We'd be better off with him than without him. But he was the 1st overall pick, and was and never will be available. Finding a similar player without 1st overall picks is difficult. Trading for top 5 picks can be risky.

As much as everyone loves Wentz, and he has looked the part, he was sailing throws and had happy feet against the Giants. He threw a pretty brutal pick as well, and the team has lost 4 of 5.

Team sport - yadda yadda yadda. In either case - He's a fine QB. That isn't to be argued. We'd be better off with him than without him. But he was the 1st overall pick, and was and never will be available. Finding a similar player without 1st overall picks is difficult. Trading for top 5 picks can be risky.

As much as everyone loves Wentz, and he has looked the part, he was sailing throws and had happy feet against the Giants. He threw a pretty brutal pick as well, and the team has lost 4 of 5.

No argument from me about any of that. My point being he had a rep as a choke artist or overrated...Detroit was patient and now it looks as if it's paying off. Good for them.

Do you know objective means?

It amazes me how calling out a player for not finishing makes people think it means you're just ignoring their entire game. I'm not some loony fan because I expect my QB to win with the game on the line. I have no idea why a million excuses make you feel better about his performance.

To wrap this up nicely, here is an opinion and then a fact:

I thought Tyrod Taylor played great (subjective), however he did not throw a game winning touchdown when we needed him to (objective).

Bingo.

My only real beef with Tyrod at this point is that we can't really depend on him to march down the field and score a TD in crunch time. Does he have to be 100% in doing it? No. But he's certainly gotta be better than what we've seen.

Edited by Dorkington

Bingo.

My only real beef with Tyrod at this point is that we can't really depend on him to march down the field and score a TD in crunch time. Does he have to be 100% in doing it? No. But he's certainly gotta be better than what we've seen.

Yeah - considering we lost yesterday.... and that was still his best 4th quarter 2 minute drill. Needed something on 3rd there to make 4th more manageable, and we didn't get it.

4th and 15 with only 25 yards to work with? Gross. You can't clear out with a deep route, you can't do an underneath route because you have to make it to the end zone. And I guess you can't buy time because then they can deck your receiver. Oh and they were on him in like 3 seconds with a 3 man rush.

Edited by dneveu