Tyrod Taylor played better than expected tonight...

fridge

Weren't any notable drops that i can remember.

Nope on drops.

Max bad pass should be 2 or will start questioning that stat as well.

But had a lot of attempts so all the % will change. Will have it updated before 1400 EST

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly not 2016 Aaron Rodgers. Taylor played better last night than "Rogers" has all season. I never realized how unobjective some of you had become with respect to Taylor until this game. Wow.

It's ridiculous. To sit here and have to stomach the constant argument: "but TT isn't Brady"; "but TT isn't Rodgers". What does that argument even mean? Brady is arguably the greatest QB to ever play. And Rodgers might be top 5 to ever play. Stop the constant BS already. And you know what? They've lost vs the Seahawks too.

It's ridiculous. To sit here and have to stomach the constant argument: "but TT isn't Brady"; "but TT isn't Rodgers". What does that argument even mean? Brady is arguably the greatest QB to ever play. And Rodgers might be top 5 to ever play. Stop the constant BS already. And you know what? They've lost vs the Seahawks too.

This is what that means:

6355373884403861971814721910_Kanyes-Conf

It means that TT isn't good enough to overcome weaknesses in the rest of the team. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not hate. It's not obnoxious. It's pure fact. He's the best that we have. And there probably aren't any better options for us. But he's still not good enough to make up for the piss poor play/coaching elsewhere on the team.

I feel bad for TT, he played an amazing game and got totally undermined by the rest of the team on the last four downs. One run (when we hadn't been able to run the ball after Wood went out), two terrible OL plays that led to sacks, and one pass attempt from 4th and goal. I have no idea how you expect a QB to overcome that and the refs.

Felton had a drop.

I feel bad for TT, he played an amazing game and got totally undermined by the rest of the team on the last four downs. One run (when we hadn't been able to run the ball after Wood went out), two terrible OL plays that led to sacks, and one pass attempt from 4th and goal. I have no idea how you expect a QB to overcome that and the refs.

Cordy Glenn was out of gas on that last drive and just gave up, cost them two plays and serious yards (a blatant tripping penalty where he leg-whipped the guy after getting beat, and another one where he got clean beat, leading to a sack).

It means that TT isn't good enough to overcome weaknesses in the rest of the team. Nothing more, nothing less. It's not hate. It's not obnoxious. It's pure fact. He's the best that we have. And there probably aren't any better options for us. But he's still not good enough to make up for the piss poor play/coaching elsewhere on the team.

So when Atlanta lost to the Hawks a few weeks ago does that mean Matt Ryan wasnt good enough to overcome the defense's play and bad calls in that game? Or does your standard not apply in that case? Im sure there will be a "but" there..

the mantra "do your job" is important. TT did HIS job and did it very well. 3-5 players yesterday didnt do their jobs at all, and that was the difference.

Edited by bobobonators

So when Atlanta lost to the Hawks a few weeks ago does that mean Matt Ryan wasnt good enough to overcome the defense's play and bad calls in that game? Or does your standard not apply in that case? Im sure there will be a "but" there..

the mantra "do your job" is important. TT did HIS job and did it very well. 3-5 players yesterday didnt do their jobs at all, and that was the difference.

There is no but. Matt Ryan didn't play well enough to overcome the rest of his team's play.

I'd also appreciate if you don't put words in my mouth.

There is no but. Matt Ryan didn't play well enough to overcome the rest of his team's play.

I'd also appreciate if you don't put words in my mouth.

Ok I get it now. The Quarterbacks job on any team is to overcome everything else done poorly from line play, to defense, to officiating. Wow nice story.

Ok I get it now. The Quarterbacks job on any team is to overcome everything else done poorly from line play, to defense, to officiating. Wow nice story.

The defense gave up 3 points in the second half.

The defense got him the ball back TWICE at the end of the game. The officials gave him the 15 yard roughing the passer after his monster 3rd and 21 pick-up that put him right in position to win the game. In order to blame things like line play, defense, officiating - you are trying to pretend we didn't have a chance to win it.

I have said several times in this thread, Tyrod played his best game. He was truly impressive to play like that in a road game at that stadium. I wanted him to pull through at the end in the worst way and just prove me wrong so I can see that he actually can win with the game on the line. I'm not blaming ONLY him for the loss. I'm simply saying, he did not pull through...again. That's it. To deny it is to literally deny reality.

Edited by fridge

The defense got him the ball back TWICE at the end of the game. The officials gave him the 15 yard roughing the passer after his monster 3rd and 21 pick-up that put him right in position to win the game. In order to blame things like line play, defense, officiating - you are trying to pretend we didn't have a chance to win it.

I have said several times in this thread, Tyrod played his best game. He was truly impressive to play like that in a road game at that stadium. I wanted him to pull through at the end in the worst way and just prove me wrong so I can see that he actually can win with the game on the line. I'm not blaming ONLY him for the loss. I'm simply saying, he did not pull through...again. That's it. To deny it is to literally deny reality.

The defense gave up 28 points in the first half.

The defense gave up 31 points on 42 total plays.

does typing it bigger make it better?

1st and Goal: Run to McCoy.

2nd and Goal: Sack

3rd and Goal: Sack

4th and Goal from the 15.

It wasn't Tyrod that didn't pull through there.

It's not denying reality at all. You are the only one denying reality b/c you talk about football like it's a 1v1 sport. The REALITY is that there are 10 other players on the field. That is the only reality I see. You talk about football like it's singles tennis.

In the 4th down incompletion, look at the tape. Nobody is open in the end zone. There is a man underneath on Woods and there is a man on him. Look at the play. What is he supposed to do, fly like superman and score?

It really is ridiculous that some fans can't unfocus from the QB position long enough to think there might be other issues with the team. Robert Woods had a great game but it also looks like he is the one that caused that INT by not finishing his route or by miscommunication with the play. Taylor threw it to a spot and woods wasn't there and Richard Sherman was. That INT took away a possibleTD and at the least a FG. The error there looked to be on Woods.

The last play of the game Tyrod was again throwing to a spot and Woods was bumped by Earl Thomas while attempting to get to the ball. Stuff happens! Seattle rushed only three and had 6 in the backfield and saying some other QB could have made that play is baloney because nobody was open in the end zone. Thomas doesn't bump him and it's probably a catch.

TE Jimmy Graham regains his Saints form and catches two TD's with one hand on separate instances.

Like I said, I have more problems with that supposed elite Bills secondary giving up big plays than I do with the Bills QB! Tyrod Taylor didn't embarrass me as a Bills fan and that supposed Rex Ryan defense was an embarrassment.

It really is ridiculous that some fans can't unfocus from the QB position long enough to think there might be other issues with the team. Robert Woods had a great game but it also looks like he is the one that caused that INT by not finishing his route or by miscommunication with the play. Taylor threw it to a spot and woods wasn't there and Richard Sherman was. That INT took away a possibleTD and at the least a FG. The error there looked to be on Woods.

The last play of the game Tyrod was again throwing to a spot and Woods was bumped by Earl Thomas while attempting to get to the ball. Stuff happens! Seattle rushed only three and had 6 in the backfield and saying some other QB could have made that play is baloney because nobody was open in the end zone. Thomas doesn't bump him and it's probably a catch.

TE Jimmy Graham regains his Saints form and catches two TD's with one hand on separate instances.

Like I said, I have more problems with that supposed elite Bills secondary giving up big plays than I do with the Bills QB! Tyrod Taylor didn't embarrass me as a Bills fan and that supposed Rex Ryan defense was an embarrassment.

I probably shouldn't even bother to respond to some of these guys. They aren't correct in their understanding of the game- yet choose to opine as if they are experts.

Church of Tyrod ready to burn sinners at the stake !

This is the one good game needed.

Ryan it has nothing to do with being a Tyrod fanboy. It has everything to do with taking an objective view of things.

I probably shouldn't even bother to respond to some of these guys. They aren't correct in their understanding of the game- yet choose to opine as if they are experts.

Ryan it has nothing to do with being a Tyrod fanboy. It has everything to do with taking an objective view of things.

Do you know objective means?

It amazes me how calling out a player for not finishing makes people think it means you're just ignoring their entire game. I'm not some loony fan because I expect my QB to win with the game on the line. I have no idea why a million excuses make you feel better about his performance.

To wrap this up nicely, here is an opinion and then a fact:

I thought Tyrod Taylor played great (subjective), however he did not throw a game winning touchdown when we needed him to (objective).

Do you know objective means?

It amazes me how calling out a player for not finishing makes people think it means you're just ignoring their entire game. I'm not some loony fan because I expect my QB to win with the game on the line. I have no idea why a million excuses make you feel better about his performance.

To wrap this up nicely, here is an opinion and then a fact:

I thought Tyrod Taylor played great (subjective), however he did not throw a game winning touchdown when we needed him to (objective).

But the objective fact still needs its context. The context here is they ran the ball on 1st down, he was sacked twice and then admittedly was off the mark on 1 throw.

So did he pull it out? No. But it is not like he was the main cause of the failure either.