Tyrod Taylor played better than expected tonight...

fridge

Bingo.

My only real beef with Tyrod at this point is that we can't really depend on him to march down the field and score a TD in crunch time. Does he have to be 100% in doing it? No. But he's certainly gotta be better than what we've seen.

He will be. Monday was proof. Gotta let that man cook!

Yeah - considering we lost yesterday.... and that was still his best 4th quarter 2 minute drill. Needed something on 3rd there to make 4th more manageable, and we didn't get it.

4th and 15 with only 25 yards to work with? Gross. You can't clear out with a deep route, you can't do an underneath route because you have to make it to the end zone. And I guess you can't buy time because then they can deck your receiver. Oh and they were on him in like 3 seconds with a 3 man rush.

Tough situation. Play calls there werent the best but, as time goes on Tyrod and ALynn will continue to grow and improve. Agree that was his best 2 min drill. I was proud like a father watching his son. This is experience. Experience is invaluable. Next time hes in that situation He will get the W for us one way or another.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see Tyrod playing like that from here on out.

He was extra motivated for some reason. I'd be some what surprised if we see him play that good on a consistent basis.

Not sure that he was any more motivated than usual. He played the best game of his career. But I agree - any semblance of consistency would be surprising. We can hope.

But WHEN exactly is Tyrod going to WIN a game for us? You can cheer him on all you want, but results are FAR more important than effort. No one questions his effort. This team consistently does NOT win when behind in the 4th. That's a fact.

Part of that trend of never coming from behind is the team that Whaley/Rex have built.....the bully running game philsophy. The Bills have little (if any) quick strike capability. The are a grind it out team...not designed to come from behind. That overall scheme is not on TT. TT is the QB they have picked to execute the plodding offense.....and he may well be the best choice for that role with his skill set.

Part of that trend of never coming from behind is the team that Whaley/Rex have built.....the bully running game philsophy. The Bills have little (if any) quick strike capability. The are a grind it out team...not designed to come from behind. That overall scheme is not on TT. TT is the QB they have picked to execute the plodding offense.....and he may well be the best choice for that role with his skill set.

Fine if we are talking about us coming back to win from 14-21 points down. We are talking about between 4 and 10. We had the ball against Baltimore and against Miami and against Seattle in the 4th quarter, down 1 score plenty of time on the clock, and couldn't get it done. Not just on Tyrod for sure, but not because we needed quick strikes and didn't have them

I love this retort. And when I'm proven right like I am 90% of the time, the response is "well you got your wish!".

Sorry, but until Tyrod plays like that on a consistent basis, call me skeptical. Why is that considered such a "negative" take?

Prove me wrong Tyrod!

Ill personally take the objective praises of Tyrod by the likes of Belichick, Gruden, our HC's (who didnt have to start him when they got here), or even Fisher, over some of the subjective blowhards on this forum.

I love this retort. And when I'm proven right like I am 90% of the time, the response is "well you got your wish!".

Sorry, but until Tyrod plays like that on a consistent basis, call me skeptical. Why is that considered such a "negative" take?

Prove me wrong Tyrod!

It was simply a response to why he may have been 'extra motivated'. Nothing more, nothing less.

It was nice to watch TT have a good game especially under those conditions. The crowd was loud, the offensive line was having problems keeping him clean, and we weren't lining up our best WRs.

And it was good to see Robert Woods have a good day.

But these observations don't take the sting out of the loss. As much as a midseason game can be "must-win," this was a must-win game for us.

5-4 with a bye week to get healthy would have meant we were still realistically in the playoff hunt. This loss really hurts.

I liked when Tyrod slammed his helmet at the end. Sometimes he seems like a passionless guy and I think players want a fiery QB-Leader. Of course, I would have rather seen him jump for joy because he'd just completed a TD throw. But I'm in the camp that this was a team loss. Even great QBs (and Tyrod is not a great QB) come up short at the end of games. Tyrod put up 25 points and led an offense that produced 400+ yards against a very stingy defense. He did his part. Others didn't.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Ill personally take the objective praises of Tyrod by the likes of Belichick, Gruden, our HC's (who didnt have to start him when they got here), or even Fisher, over some of the subjective blowhards on this forum.

I think when we analyze any Bills player (but QB especially) we don't use the rest of the league well as a comparison. We are so emotionally invested in the Bills that we cannot objectively view our roster. The guys that we like are "better" in our minds than a 3rd party would think and vice versa. Our biases cloud our judgment and then we dig in to argue that we are right. We look for any shred of evidence to support our case and then say "see I told you so." We are all guilty of it.

The reality is that the Bills have a pretty good roster. They have a decent starting QB, CBs that are better than they get credit for and a good OL. Obviously some of those guys have struggled at different times but when you zoom out and look at the league they are pretty good. The Bills are probably going to finish within a game of .500 either way. These guys aren't all terrible; they are average. IMO the Bills have about 10-6 talent but with the injuries will finish below that.

To the original point I am always fascinated to hear an objective outsider's view of the Bills. I am not talking about guys like Marshall Faulk that don't pay attention but guys like Gruden or Collinsworth or even the PFF guys. People that pay attention to the whole league but don't have the emotional investment are the most reasonable judges.

I think when we analyze any Bills player (but QB especially) we don't use the rest of the league well as a comparison. We are so emotionally invested in the Bills that we cannot objectively view our roster. The guys that we like are "better" in our minds than a 3rd party would think and vice versa. Our biases cloud our judgment and then we dig in to argue that we are right. We look for any shred of evidence to support our case and then say "see I told you so." We are all guilty of it.

The reality is that the Bills have a pretty good roster. They have a decent starting QB, CBs that are better than they get credit for and a good OL. Obviously some of those guys have struggled at different times but when you zoom out and look at the league they are pretty good. The Bills are probably going to finish within a game of .500 either way. These guys aren't all terrible; they are average. IMO the Bills have about 10-6 talent but with the injuries will finish below that.

To the original point I am always fascinated to hear an objective outsider's view of the Bills. I am not talking about guys like Marshall Faulk that don't pay attention but guys like Gruden or Collinsworth or even the PFF guys. People that pay attention to the whole league but don't have the emotional investment are the most reasonable judges.

I agree. And yes we are all guilty of it.

refreshing to read ^^.

and they'd be shocked to see just how many "WR's running WIDE OPEN" that some of the greatest Qb's miss in each and every game played.