A few thoughts about the Seattle Game (BillFromNYC Tribute)

Virgil

Agree with pretty much everything you said. Here is my take from the game.

1.) Tyrod is the QB next year, end of story. He even had Gruden/Mcdonough saying he is an emerging superstar. They are not going to let him walk. So get used to it people.

2.) I know Ryan said Darby was sick but our two shutdown corners absolutely stink. Gilmore looks like he is playing not to get hurt & Darby got turned around so many times in the first half I lost count. It is a problem. Chris Brown on the pregame kind of alluded to this. Mentioned Jabari Greer in his walk year with the Bills refusing to play the last five games because he had a minor injury & wanted to get paid in the offseason. Didn't go as far as to say this was the case with Gilmore but he was definately hinting at it which I was surprised that he did that.

3.) Colten Schmidt stinks too.

4.) This is what Woods could do in a pass happy offense. He is a number 2 receiver & could put up numbers if he is gets the ball.

5.) Mccoy is unbelievable also.

6.) If you can keep Watkins healthy(I know a big if) and take the shackles off of TT, this offense should be ready to roll.

7.) I know they don't get the best ratings, but honestly the NFL is nuts not putting the Bills on prime time more often. I know we always come out on the losing end but it is great theater. This game was probably the most exciting prime time game of the year.

8.) I would be interested to hear from the people that actually went to the game, but that stadium sounds extremely loud & it looks great on TV. Whoever constructed the design of that stadium did a terrific job imo.

9.) Another gut wrencher another season lost. The season was not lost on this game, it was lost when we sropped games to the Jets, Miami & Baltimore 3 teams we have no business losing to imo.

10.) Hang in there Bills fans, there is always next year!!!

9.) Another gut wrencher another season lost. The season was not lost on this game, it was lost when we sropped games to the Jets, Miami & Baltimore 3 teams we have no business losing to imo.

This. If we had any one of those game now and were 5-4 our season would still very much be alive. Now it is all on beating Cincy. We HAVE to get to 5-5. At 4-6 we are dead.

My brief takes:

Offense:

Goodwin had an excellent game. Woods had his best game as a Bill, imo. Both players finally stepped up and made plays with huge sideline catches that we're used to seeing other teams make.

Incognito was a BULLDOZER this game - a beast. The entire OL played well except for Mills. Against really good pash rushers, Mills gets exposed, and exposed often. When Wood went down in the 2nd half we could no longer run it, and pressure kept coming up the middle vs. Tyrod

Shady was awesome; TD Mike had some really good runs too. Unfortunately we just couldn't run it effectively anymore towards the very end of the game.

Hands down TT's best overall game as a Bill considering the qualitfy of defense he was going up against, and playing in an extremely hostile environment. Combine 330+ yards and 2 scores vs. Seattle with only 1 turnover. One can make the argument that only Matt Ryan this year had a better game vs. Seattle. That says a lot. Showed poise, accuracy, and an uncanny ability to extend plays - which is needed vs a defense like Seattle.

Defense:

We pressured Wilson a good amount, however, like TT, Wilson has the ability to escape from pressure and make plays. Vs any other QB, we would've had more sacks. Hughes had a great game overall. KW had another big game and boy am I going to miss him when he's gone. The rookie Washington held his own as well.

The most brutal game I've seen the secondary have in a long, long time. RW had no fear and literally just tossed the ball up several times, knowing that it was either going to be a PI or a catch. RW had zero respect/fear of our DB's. It was laughable. Graham made some circus catches that simply couldn't be defended, and that is partially bad luck on our part (b/c lets be honest, out of 10 tries, Graham/RW probably complete those passes again 1-2x's if that). But for Seattle's average WR's to expose our DB's (especially Darby) the way they did is inexcusable.

Our special teams, overall, let us down this game. We had the punt block to start the game by Hughes which was absolutely huge, but Powell probably had his worst game of the season, we gave up multiple big returns, and Carp missed that FG at the end of the half (hard to get on him about that missed FG though).

Overall, I walked away from last night's game extremely mad, and somewhat proud. This team showed fight. Nobody picked us to win except Bruce Smith. Dilfer called out our passing game prior to the game saying it was "remedial" - Dilfer, meet the kettle. But this will be remembered as another heartbreaking MNF loss. One of many unfortunately.

Overall, I walked away from last night's game extremely mad, and somewhat proud. This team showed fight. Nobody picked us to win except Bruce Smith. Dilfer called out our passing game prior to the game saying it was "remedial" - Dilfer, meet the kettle. But this will be remembered as another heartbreaking MNF loss. One of many unfortunately.

:w00t:

I thought the Bush playbat half was smart. He did get OOB, saved a timeout, we had 11 seconds left and the whole field open to use cause we had a TO.

Block in the back is not his fault.

That being said, can't stand his game, cut him tomorrow i all good!

Edited by plenzmd1

The loss of Eric Wood was devastating. Groy is not NFL-caliber.

Yep, that's bigger than one game, as hard as it is to say that. This could mean it all gets so much more painful to see for the rest of the year. :(

Agree with pretty much everything you said. Here is my take from the game.

1.) Tyrod is the QB next year, end of story. He even had Gruden/Mcdonough saying he is an emerging superstar. They are not going to let him walk. So get used to it people.

2.) I know Ryan said Darby was sick but our two shutdown corners absolutely stink. Gilmore looks like he is playing not to get hurt & Darby got turned around so many times in the first half I lost count. It is a problem. Chris Brown on the pregame kind of alluded to this. Mentioned Jabari Greer in his walk year with the Bills refusing to play the last five games because he had a minor injury & wanted to get paid in the offseason. Didn't go as far as to say this was the case with Gilmore but he was definately hinting at it which I was surprised that he did that.

3.) Colten Schmidt stinks too.

4.) This is what Woods could do in a pass happy offense. He is a number 2 receiver & could put up numbers if he is gets the ball.

5.) Mccoy is unbelievable also.

6.) If you can keep Watkins healthy(I know a big if) and take the shackles off of TT, this offense should be ready to roll.

7.) I know they don't get the best ratings, but honestly the NFL is nuts not putting the Bills on prime time more often. I know we always come out on the losing end but it is great theater. This game was probably the most exciting prime time game of the year.

8.) I would be interested to hear from the people that actually went to the game, but that stadium sounds extremely loud & it looks great on TV. Whoever constructed the design of that stadium did a terrific job imo.

10.) Hang in there Bills fans, there is always next year!!!

Good take on the game. I have not been a big TT supporter, but he stepped up big time last nite. We still need a TE that can get down the middle of the field. We have Clay running 5 yard curls. We are paying him 7+ million for that. Just stupid. He just does not look like the same player he was in Miami. We need to renegotiate his contract or get rid of him. He is marginal at best and just not a big time player. Woods was awesome. The guy plays his guts out and gives 110% every snap. Must resign him. Him and Sammy w a better TE and a third big receiver (maybe Justin Hunter or a high round draft pick) w Goodwin and Percy for speed and our receiving corp is looking real nice. Need a new rt tackle. Mills is marginal at best, and can not be counted on against good DE's.

On Defense the secondary is atrocious. Gilmore needs to go as does Robey Coleman. (has a lot of heart, but at 5'7 is too small to play in the NFL) Darby looks like a high school DB on the field. Not physical and gets spun around like he is in a tornado. Corey White looked the best out there. May not be a great athlete, but his technique and physicality much better than Gilmore and Darby. None of our safety's are athletic. Graham can hit and tackle well, but is too slow to cover anymore. Blanton and Meeks are not NFL caliber players. (I would draft Safety, Corner and WR/TE in first 3 rounds next year) Jordan Lewis from Michigan is a GREAT cover corner-Go Blue!! Our front 7 with Dareus Lawson and Ragland all back next year,plus Alexander, Hughes, the Brown Bros, Worthy, Washington, Kyle (yes he has at least two more good years left in him) etc will be bad ass.

And get rid of Carpenter. There are much better kickers out there.

Tough loss, but dam was it exciting down to the end.