Bryce Petty time? (Update: Starting vs Rams)

YoloinOhio

Apparently if you aren't one of the best in the league you now "barely hold on to a roster spot" and don't deserve the money you've made? Fitz has been a mid/lower tier starting QB his entire career. That's a far cry from not deserving to start or barely making a roster. There are 32 teams, for most of his career Fitz has been one of the 32 best QBs in the league.

Not sure why people love to bag on him, so he hasn't been great but he works his ass off and does the best he can with what he's been given. Kudos to him.

Ahh, the internet, where everybody who isn't great "sucks" and everybody who is great is one of the "best ever" or "overrated." People seem unable to talk with any nuance, they all think they're talk show hosts who are supposed to say ridiculous things for ratings.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz needs to just retire. He turned a backup QB skillset into many years as a starter which is above and beyond what he could have ever expected for his career coming from the ivy league to the NFL. He has like 15 kids. Get out now while you still somewhat have your health. Hes highly intelligent, he could probably make just as much money starting his own business or working on wall Street. The fact that he is still in this league is silly

He is one of the best 30 qbs on the planet and will get paid a long time because of it.

Some of you are salty haters. Keep getting those checks Fitz. And I like the Jets statregy of picking multiple qbs. They just picked a bunch of terrible ones that were my least favorite in their drafts.

I think Petty was a similar prospect in terms of rawness that Cardale is. This is a guy that had never called a play from a huddle in college and was as inexperienced as it gets in reading defenses.

I'd much rather have Jones. I never got the Petty love. He's old for a young qb and played in a gimmick offense where everyone puts up big numbers.

I guess he's not a rapist like everyone else at Baylor so that's a plus.