CD's

Chef Jim

I was wondering how many here ever listen to them anymore. With streaming music and almost every album recorded is on YouTube or somewhere online do you really need all those things taking up space. I downloaded all my favorites in my car the past few years which is where I listen to most of my music and I don't even really listen to them there. We just got rid of all our CD's yesterday. Everything from Anthrax to Dvorak...gone! I thought it would be hard to get rid of them but they were just dust catchers and it was no big deal. Now for the books.

Discuss............

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got rid of most of mine something like 8 years ago. I kept about 50 of my favorites that I already had separated in a separate case ("just in case" I guess). I moved two months ago and they finally met their end during the packing.

They are next to go, first I have to scrap my cassettes...

We actually had a couple of those still. :lol:

I replaced them all with LPs.

There are a lot of people that absolutely swear by vinyl. We still have all of ours. They probably will go before the books. The books are going to be hard seeing I don't have a kindle or whatever people use these days.

i haven't purchased a cd in probably 10 years, now vinyl on the other hand, I buy vinyl a couple times a year, i have several pieces of vinyl, boff. The majority of my music is on hard drives or in the cloud

attachicon.gifCMPsZMCWwAAxSUa.jpg

You know me and my live music. I listen almost exclusively to live music. I have the nugs app that has live shows of my favorite bands ready to stream the following day. I absolutely love it. These are the artists they stream:

Dead & Company
Dark Star Orchestra

The Disco Biscuits

Gov't Mule

Lotus

moe.

Pearl Jam

Phil Lesh & Friends

The Radiators

Railroad Earth

STS9

Twiddle

Umphrey's McGee

Warren Haynes

Widespread Panic

Yonder Mountain String Band

Edited by Chef Jim

I looked into Nugs, i hate paying for streaming music :-)

You know me and my live music. I listen almost exclusively to live music. I have the nugs app that has live shows of my favorite bands ready to stream the following day. I absolutely love it. These are the artists they stream:

Dead & Company
Dark Star Orchestra

The Disco Biscuits

Gov't Mule

Lotus

moe.

Pearl Jam

Phil Lesh & Friends

The Radiators

Railroad Earth

STS9

Twiddle

Umphrey's McGee

Warren Haynes

Widespread Panic

I still use CDs.

I put them in a boom box whilst grilling or enjoying a fire outside.

I don't listen to them much in my car. I actually still enjoy FM radio.

I see a decent bluetooth speaker in my future, so I'm sure the boom box will be replaced eventually.

In the left cassette player of the boom box, the Barney tape we used to play for our son (will be 14 years old in March) still sits.

EDIT: I also have a small CD player/clock/radio in my office. I keep about 15-20 CDs here and listen to them throughout the week.

Edited by Gugny

not sure where they came from or how long theyve been around, but I am absolutely loving this Twiddle Band....great songs, cool sound(a bit dave matthews-ish), but man I am really digging them lately

Dead & Company
Dark Star Orchestra

The Disco Biscuits

Gov't Mule

Lotus

moe.

Pearl Jam

Phil Lesh & Friends

The Radiators

Railroad Earth

STS9

Twiddle

Umphrey's McGee

Warren Haynes

Widespread Panic

Coincidently enough, I had some little s%#^s help relieve me of some of my CDs while I was dog-sitting for a friend two weeks ago. I know it was kids because they didn't even bother with the garage door opener, grabbed the ipod and the CDs and left the opener. Thankfully I don't leave my registration or insurance in the car.

not sure where they came from or how long theyve been around, but I am absolutely loving this Twiddle Band....great songs, cool sound(a bit dave matthews-ish), but man I am really digging them lately

Yup they're from Vermont. I've been following them a couple years now. The only thing for me is they have a little Phish to them and not a fan of the Phish.

Coincidently enough, I had some little s%#^s help relieve me of some of my CDs while I was dog-sitting for a friend two weeks ago. I know it was kids because they didn't even bother with the garage door opener, grabbed the ipod and the CDs and left the opener. Thankfully I don't leave my registration or insurance in the car.

What on earth on they going to do with all that Barry Manilow and Mel Torme stuff?

I have several hundred CDs. Seldom listen to them; probably 2-3 times in past year. But there is no way I'm taking the time to rip them to hard drives or pay for a streaming service given I already own the rights to so much music. So, they will sit there quietly in the basement, gathering dust and every now and then I'll pull one out and give it a spin.

I am enjoying all the new music that's available and have only bought MP3s for the past 4-5 years. It would be cheaper in long run to just subscribe to a service, but I like owning the music and feel like I'm supporting my favorite artists in a more financially-beneficial way (for them).