Commitment To the Run

T master

I think when Shady is hurt the coaches don't have enough faith that Mikey G. can carry the run game but i think he can .

They need to feed him even if Shady isn't playing as much, Gillesley i think could be a beast if they fed him more. Last week he made plays when he was in but they just didn't give it to him enough .

I hope they start to give the running game as much prep even wen Shady might not be 100% & fill in around that ...

Edited by T master

I think when Shady is hurt the coaches don't have enough faith that Mikey G. can carry the run game but i think he can .

They need to feed him even if Shady isn't playing as much, Gillesley i think could be a beast if they fed him more. Last week he made plays when he was in but they just didn't give it to him enough .

I hope they start to give the running game as much prep even wen Shady might not be 100% & fill in around that ...

Well when you're behind in the game running the ball becomes challenging. I think Mike can carry a game also and if playing against a different opponent he would have seen more action.

Bills are fighting an uphill battle here. RBs is the only person in today's NFL you get to lay out with a big hit. If someone's going to be hurt and can't play through injury, it's the RB. Yet Rex and Roman placed all their stakes in the running game.

The one slight glimmer of an offensive identity is TT's escapability. There really is no one like that in the NFL. Ben's hard to bring down, and Vick could break big runs, but TT's slippery! It will be interested to see design plays focusing on that. More 5 WRs or multi-TE sets, and pick on the one rusher who can't tackle.

Well when you're behind in the game running the ball becomes challenging. I think Mike can carry a game also and if playing against a different opponent he would have seen more action.

The interesting test will be when he moves towards being a focal point. That's when we will learn a lot.

The amount of times we didn't run in the 2nd half of the Miami game is what u found disappointing.

or run TT more

Touchdown Mike has the best yards per carry average since he has been a Bill than any other runner in the game today.

He needs to get the rock more. If they fed him at the end of the first half and controlled the clock while getting their kicker closer and forcing NE to use timeouts it likely would have been a 6 point swing in the game. (Lynn and Rex both guilty there....)

The thing with TD Mike though, which hit me halfway through the Pats game, he stays upright and takes a pounding. Compare him to Shady, who is low and shifty and almost never gets crushed on tackles--and you can see why Mike is the perfect 10 carry a game guy and Shady gets the other 20

The problem is they really have no choice but to committ to the run....this team does not have the talent in the receiving department to lean on it......

Think about this for a minute.....Percy Harvin comes OUT OF RETIREMENT and immediately becomes the best receiver we have on the field because of Watkins injury....that should tell you all you need to know about our receiving core.

Well coached teams do no deviate from their game plan so easily. The Steelers were impressive in this regard when they were focused on running the ball during part of Cowher's tenure. They'd get down by 2 or 3 scores in a game, but would continue to pound the ball. Usually they'd wear down the opposing defense and come back. That's who Miami reminded me of when they were down to the Bills 17-6 and came out running.

Ya know, I was thinking about this the other day, and this dawned on me:

Keeping in mind that I realize our current team is built for ground and pound,

but should that really be our long term commitment in a league designed

to favor the passing game as much as it currently does?

In a bygone era where defensive backs had way more leeway, that would

be the way to go. It is not gonna matter, in spite of what statistics show with

us winning more when we roll up big ground yardage, because while we are grinding

and pounding, the either team is scoring more frequently thru the air.

I like TT and do feel that he has some special skills, accuracy is just not one of them,

like hitting receivers in stride, throwing the ball before the receiver breaks, not depending

so much on the long bombs,,etc...

He will win us some games, but we need a QB built built for the current

game!

Edited by Tu-Toned

Fair. But 2 things: TT accounted for 48 of those yds and this is a team that should ideally be putting up 200+ yds rushing.

It would be like the Falcons putting up a low 200yd passing in a game and it therefore should be no concern. When the falcons are built to pass and put up 300+ regularly, 200 is a significant dropoff.

You doing realize the league leading rush offense is at 164 yards per game

Last year 152 (us) and no ones broken 170 since atlanta hit 183 in 2006

Edited by NoSaint

You doing realize the league leading rush offense is at 164 yards per game

Last year 152 (us) and no ones broken 170 since atlanta hit 183 in 2006

Youre absolutely right nosaint. No idea what i was thinking. In my defense, i was still in bed yesterday when i typed that nonsense. :-(. I just edited it

Sticking with the run is a good plan for this game. Seattle is not going to be putting up big numbers against our defense so committing to the run and playing a time of possession game will stress an all ready poorly executing offense. Seattle does have a good run defense, but they have not been tested against a multifaceted Bills rushing attack. They probably will figure out ways to stymie the run but not before Buffalo catches them with their drawers down.

I can also see the Bills taking some shots downfield in the passing game. Clay and Goodwin could be decent contributors. This will be tough going for Tyrod because these guys can get after the passer and they don't really need to send extra blitzers. Their backfield is still pretty good too.

Going to be interesting to see how many defenders Seattle puts down in the box. If there are too many, we will see Tyrod throwing some up there. Remember, when Buffalo passes, they are also a threat to run because of Tyrod's ability to escape. Overall, this is going to be about rushing, though. Seattle's run defense is good, but Buffalo's run offense is better.

Wilson is getting healthier so this could be a game where he breaks out of the pocket and runs too. He is dangerous so the Bills will need to contain him. I really think Buffalo matches up well in this game.

I also think Buffalo's DBs will be fired up for this game. They have been playing way below their ability. I'm thinking they get back on track in this one.

Edited by Rockinon