Greg Salas Waived from IR with No Injury Settlement

Actually he can resign with the Bills, they have to wait 3 weeks though. It's part of the new injury settlement. It used to be 6 weeks wait. In the meantime he can sign with any other teams.

The settlement takes him off IR and means he's passed a physical, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to do the settlement.

Actually, it doesn't mean that he's passed a physical. It just means he's agreed to a settlement regarding his injury, which may or may not be healed at this time.

Example: say Salas/his doctors and the Bills/team doctors agree that his groin injury will take 9 weeks to heal. He hasn't passed a physical yet, and it's been 6 weeks since his injury. The Bills cut him, and agree to pay him for 3 more weeks salary, after which his injury should be healed.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it doesn't mean that he's passed a physical. It just means he's agreed to a settlement regarding his injury, which may or may not be healed at this time.

Example: say Salas/his doctors and the Bills/team doctors agree that his groin injury will take 9 weeks to heal. He hasn't passed a physical yet, and it's been 6 weeks since his injury. The Bills cut him, and agree to pay him for 3 more weeks salary, after which his injury should be healed.

Right, but that would be part of the settlement. And that would be added time to the when the Bills could sign him. It hasn't been reported is that's the case, guess we won't know unless the Bills sign him after 3 weeks or not

Salas Wood and Harvin are guys no other team wants. Woods and Goodwin are number 3 WRs at best.

Sammy is the only legit WR.

LOL someone please link me directly to this post in March when Robert Woods gets Marvin Jones/Mohamed Sanu money in free agency.

Don't get me wrong: I like the guy. He plays hard and has nice hands. But let's not kid ourselves about who he is.

If a healthy percy comes in here and lights it up....hope you come back and retract that.

Woods is a nice number 3.....Goodwin doesnt deserve to start

and a healthy Sammy is not just a "legit" guy......is a blue chip player

Don't get me wrong: I like the guy. He plays hard and has nice hands. But let's not kid ourselves about who he is.

I'm willing to bet that if he signs with a team with an actual NFL QB that is capable of throwing for 300 yards with regularity that he will start and flourish. He's had one read QBs his entire time in Buffalo.

If a healthy percy comes in here and lights it up....hope you come back and retract that.

Woods is a nice number 3.....Goodwin doesnt deserve to start

and a healthy Sammy is not just a "legit" guy......is a blue chip player

We all have no idea if Harvin has anything in the tank. He's a lottery ticket that no NFL team was pursuing.

All I know is the claim was made that Harvin, Woods, Hunter, Goodwin, and Salas made for a good WR crew. 2 of those guys were bagging groceries before the Bills picked them up this season. Goodwin and Salas are nothing. Woods is a great effort guy. A better Roscoe Parrish.

Of course Watkins is a stud but he's not playing so his contribution is moot.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

If Sammy comes back and Harvin plays anything like he did last year before his injury, I am liking the group of Sammy, Harvin, Hunter, Woods, Goodwin down the stretch.

If Harvin comes back and plays like a top WR, you like Sammy, Harvin, Woods, and [who cares].

Harvin was playing World of Warcraft 2 weeks ago. If he comes back to play like a top WR, I'll be shocked. Happy. But shocked.

If Harvin comes back and plays like a top WR, you like Sammy, Harvin, Woods, and [who cares].

Harvin was playing World of Warcraft 2 weeks ago. If he comes back to play like a top WR, I'll be shocked. Happy. But shocked.

That has to be the most WOW player in the history of the game......did you see that pick of Percy today?

Ripped

• 2 weeks later...