Fool me once, shame on me

Virgil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Virgil, I hear what you're saying. It does get old after awhile. FWIW, my 2 cents is: it's not a thing of Brady & Bellichick to go away.

It's the Bill's franchise to upgrade the coaching and players to be on at least the same or better level than NE, or whoever else is

the team to beat in the division. In the mean time, I always hope for the best going into each season, and each game. Carry on.

Exactly. I was just about to post this but you beat me to it. So, I post to salute you and up my post count by one lol.

Seriously, nuke the whole place and start again.

I think what you meant was frack the place and start over.

For the most part I agree with the original poster, Virgil's, thoughts. More with my heart, but, also with my head. I feel we are in a holding pattern and don't get too down or too high these days.

On a another note....I am glad we are playing MNF, it is a nice Sunday break in the season.

Brady will be gone one day but if Belichik is still there, we'll continue to have this discussion. Throw all the garbage you want at Belichik, he's still a great coach and team builder. He always comes up with gold when the stream appears to be dry. The Patriots are lucky they have him. We just have to get better. A bit of luck wouldn't hurt either.

My referencing the Pats is more about how we don't get the ability to luck our way into the playoffs. Think of the teams that have made it in because their division is terrible. You take the dynasty Pats out of our division and I bet that we stumble our way in at least once over the past fee decades.

I'm not saying I want it to be this way. I WANT to ride into the playoffs on a car made of Brady's bones and tears.

Yes, that's kinda the point

I forgot to mention the people attacking others peoples posts as a annual tradition about this time of year too. Thanks for the reminder.

I'd you consider that an attack, than you'll probably consider this to be true. Your over sensationalized hysteria is self induced.

I can only recommend to distance yourself from things which are not personal for you, as clearly it has an effect on you.

Someone pointing this out is not an attack. Just like someone posting a thread isn't calling for attention until they tell you that they only posted their thread because the other threads are not a sentiment of their #feelings.

Just be glad this message has been soft and the other replies not mean.

I wish I could figure out what it will take to turn this franchise around. I think I would go find a coach who is a SOB with no sense of humor and no nonsense (cough cough, Belichick). The players would have to buy in, which might not happen until there are more wins than losses. Marrone was like that except for his huge ego, lousy assistant coaches and coordinators, and terrible in-game coaching and clock management.

Simple. We need a good GM to acquire good players. And a good HC to build a good coaching staff that gets the players to play well together as a team.

Right now, we probably have an average GM and an average HC giving us an average W-L record.

The coach doesn't need to be a SOB. Pete Carroll is a good coach and he's not a SOB. Leadership style isn't as important as leadership ability. Marrone was more like Belichick but was mediocre. Rex is more like Carroll but has also been mediocre so far.

If the season is divided in halves of 8 games, the Bills have recorded 5-3 results 5 times since the playoff drought began in 2000:

2002 1st half: 5-3 (finished 8-8)

2004 2nd half: 6-2 (finished 9-7)

2008 1st half: 5-3 (finished 7-9)

2011 1st half: 5-3 (finished 6-10)

2014 1st half: 5-3 (finished 9-7)

Over the years we've seen a lot of changes and no results. The demoralizing aspect to this remains that changes are necessary to advance beyond mediocre to average quality of play. Right now it doesn't look like ownership is willing to be bold and find people who can develop a team identity consistent with winning in the modern NFL.

I have hope. Look at Dallas and Philly. Who would have envisioned their QB situation. Or you are a Vikings fan, and TB goes down. Then you start 5-1 while your offensive line is a total sieve. We draft a QB (or two) next draft, one might pan out. Last years draft, if you recall, was supposed to be a "bad" QB draft. Oops.

As for Rex, whatever. He has the D playing okay. The offense will not look great until TT has some more weapons and improves himself. Or is replaced by a rookie. Or Bradford.

Don't give up hope. The Cubs won the WS; Cleveland won a Championship. We will win.

Simple. We need a good GM to acquire good players. And a good HC to build a good coaching staff that gets the players to play well together as a team.

Right now, we probably have an average GM and an average HC giving us an average W-L record.

The coach doesn't need to be a SOB. Pete Carroll is a good coach and he's not a SOB. Leadership style isn't as important as leadership ability. Marrone was more like Belichick but was mediocre. Rex is more like Carroll but has also been mediocre so far.

I think the GM is great. We are missing our top 2 picks from last year. Our top one comes back and already has a sack. His FA replacement leads the NFL in sacks. Our 3rd round choice (Washington) has been solid. We got Zach Brown in FA. If we had better QB play--or better WR play-- this team would be 6-2. As your tagline says, "you can't fix everything at once." QB's are not easy to fine, and TT is okay until we find a great one.

My referencing the Pats is more about how we don't get the ability to luck our way into the playoffs. Think of the teams that have made it in because their division is terrible. You take the dynasty Pats out of our division and I bet that we stumble our way in at least once over the past fee decades.

I'm not saying I want it to be this way. I WANT to ride into the playoffs on a car made of Brady's bones and tears.

Yes, that's kinda the point

I forgot to mention the people attacking others peoples posts as a annual tradition about this time of year too. Thanks for the reminder.

Well if you're going to contradict yourself that much do you really expect it not to be called out?

Edited by Triple Threat

Jeez. Lately TSW makes me want to do a swan dive into the shallow end of my pool. Lighten up people. It's a game. The sun will continue to rise and set.

It's a message board predicated on people who enjoy the game, only natural for people to choose this board as the place they vent their feelings.