NFLN Suspends Brian Baldinger over Eagles' Bounty Claim

exactly this is your free speech. You get it! Heres a trophy!

Baldinger was free to sign a contract that made him liable for the things he says on air. He did that. And then he said THAT. This isn't an attack on free speech. Just Baldinger being held accountable for acting like a moron.

You know the military that defends our right to free speech? They also punish their members for acting like a moron in a public forum while representing their employer. Are they wrong, too?

@CSNPhilly

Brian Baldinger suspended 6 months by NFL Network for suggesting Eagles put a bounty on Ezekiel Elliott.

https://t.co/3NV3GwmKCW

I couldn't watch the video because I wasn't willing to sit through a 56 second long advertisement for a video game before I got to the video that was probably a minute or two long if that.

Has anyone else started navigating away from online videos because of the ridiculously lengthy video ads you have to wait for first? I know I have. I find myself doing it more and more often. I understand they have to pay for the content but making me watch a minute friggin long commercial in order to get a minute of content is too much. It is too much even if it was 5 minutes of content.

Maybe he'll get his finger fixed!

Winner! Hard to pay attention to what the guy is saying when that booger picker is whipping around the screen as he talks.

Baldinger was free to sign a contract that made him liable for the things he says on air. He did that. And then he said THAT. This isn't an attack on free speech. Just Baldinger being held accountable for acting like a moron.

You know the military that defends our right to free speech? They also punish their members for acting like a moron in a public forum while representing their employer. Are they wrong, too?

acting like a moron is a matter of opinion. I think Newton is a moron. But I would not punish him over it. You do not get the argument. Its not a simple issue at all

Was Rex wrong to speak for trump? Is it wrong when Harm Edwards mentions how he prays with players, etc

Edited by Boyst62

I couldn't watch the video because I wasn't willing to sit through a 56 second long advertisement for a video game before I got to the video that was probably a minute or two long if that.

Has anyone else started navigating away from online videos because of the ridiculously lengthy video ads you have to wait for first? I know I have. I find myself doing it more and more often. I understand they have to pay for the content but making me watch a minute friggin long commercial in order to get a minute of content is too much. It is too much even if it was 5 minutes of content.

Winner! Hard to pay attention to what the guy is saying when that booger picker is whipping around the screen as he talks.

YES! There are tons of what I call "garbage sites" out there now, including CNN, that are so blatantly just trying to make a nickel they have become unusable.

This new generation of C-list sports media websites is the worst. I don't touch half the links posted here as there's no point to any of it.

The irony is that the people who consume this stuff tend to make fun of it after they've consumed it as more "click bait" and the like.

Don't click!

acting like a moron is a matter of opinion. I think Newton is a moron. But I would not punish him over it. You do not get the argument. Its not a simple issue at all

Was Rex wrong to speak for trump? Is it wrong when Harm Edwards mentions how he prays with players, etc

While I mostly agree with the point you're making, the counterpoint is that Baldinger is employed by the NFL Network, the very cable company owned by the NFL. The same NFL that makes a point to try to protect its image at every turn. The same NFL that suspended a coaching staff over a bounty incident in very recent memory. He was on the radio representing the NFL and the NFL Network. If I was on a live broadcast representing my employer and said something clearly controversial and, by past history, demonstrably counter to the ideals of the company I worked for I would expect to be disciplined in some fashion. Baldinger's freedom of speech shouldn't exonerate him from the repercussions of his own stupidity.

I hear ya. I generally hit the pause in the lower left on the video and then read the article below it, as I did in this case. If there is no article below it, then I skip it.

Edited by transient

While I mostly agree with the point you're making, the counterpoint is that Baldinger is employed by the NFL Network, the very cable company owned by the NFL. The same NFL that makes a point to try to protect its image at every turn. The same NFL that suspended a coaching staff over a bounty incident in very recent memory. He was on the radio representing the NFL and the NFL Network. If I was on a live broadcast representing my employer and said something clearly controversial and, by past history, demonstrably counter to the ideals of the company I worked for I would expect to be disciplined in some fashion. Baldinger's freedom of speech shouldn't exonerate him from the repercussions of his own stupidity.

I hear ya. I generally hit the pause in the lower left on the video and then read the article below it, as I did in this case. If there is no article below it, then I skip it.

yes, he is a moron for not filtering himself better. But that the NFL is so hypocritical is ridiculous.