Syracuse Hoops 2016-17

The Poojer

Hopefully they got that stinker out of the way. I knew South Carolina would give us a run...good defensive team with a few shooters. I never expected us to shoot so poorly (especially free throws) and turn the ball over so much. Our point guards didn't show up and it was evident.

Need a big win on the road vs Wisconsin.

I will be very surprised to see Syracuse get a win tomorrow night. There beatdown from UNC aside, this is a real good Badger team that should challenge for Big 10 title. Wisky needs a signature win after dropping a pair to the 2 ranked teams they played(UNC/Creighton). I am actually shocked Boeheim scheduled this game as he usually doesn't like to leave the state of New York until February but then I remembered that he was forced into this game by that ACC/Big 10 challenge. Wisconsin is pretty much unbeatable at the Kohl Center most years. Should be a good challenge and a good bench mark to where this Orange team sits right now.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be very surprised to see Syracuse get a win tomorrow night. There beatdown from UNC aside, this is a real good Badger team that should challenge for Big 10 title. Wisky needs a signature win after dropping a pair to the 2 ranked teams they played(UNC/Creighton). I am actually shocked Boeheim scheduled this game as he usually doesn't like to leave the state of New York until February but then I remembered that he was forced into this game by that ACC/Big 10 challenge. Wisconsin is pretty much unbeatable at the Kohl Center most years. Should be a good challenge and a good bench mark to where this Orange team sits right now.

Happ is going to destroy us down low. I hope Boeheim stops spoon feeding Chukwu minutes, and let's Coleman and Lydon split time at the 5 for this one. It's going to come down to whether or not Wisconsin gets Hayes going, and if they are able to hit from outside. They have not been a great perimeter shooting team thus far. We need to get better play from our PG's, rebound well, and do a better job of controlling the paint. Honestly, I don't think we could play much worse than we did against SC.

I never take a game against Wisconsin for granted....especially at home. I think Cuse comes out to play for this one.

Happ is going to destroy us down low. I hope Boeheim stops spoon feeding Chukwu minutes, and let's Coleman and Lydon split time at the 5 for this one. It's going to come down to whether or not Wisconsin gets Hayes going, and if they are able to hit from outside. They have not been a great perimeter shooting team thus far. We need to get better play from our PG's, rebound well, and do a better job of controlling the paint. Honestly, I don't think we could play much worse than we did against SC.

I never take a game against Wisconsin for granted....especially at home. I think Cuse comes out to play for this one.

I agree but many quality teams have come into the Kohl Center & come out with a loss. Just looked it up. Last 11 years they are 210-22 there. Keep in mind they are always lurking around the top 25 but rarely have the Badgers have had power house teams in that time. Daunting task indeed for the Orange tomorrow.

They've been to 2 Final Fours and the Sweet Sixteen in the last 3 years.

Yeah I know, but in the last 11 years it is not like they are a top 5 team every year. They are usually lurking around the top 20. Makes their home record even more impressive imo.

Defense was bad, but gimme a break on wisconsin's outside shooting. They made a lot of contested 3s; the one guy was 6-9 from 3. They play us tomorrow and they aren't shooting nearly that well.

Agreed, when Wisky shooting like that they are not many teams going into the Kohl Center & coming out with a win. The Badgers are sleeper final 4 team imo so try not to read too much into this game. This one had disaster written all over it from the very beginning.

Headed to NYC tomorrow for the Cuse-Yukon game on Monday. Hopefully the huskies are as bad as people say, or this is going be be one expensive ass whoopin.

I've got a good feeling that they will get their mojo back. the Wisc game is a great learning experience-- bet the Defense takes a big step forward. Have a great time.

Headed to NYC tomorrow for the Cuse-Yukon game on Monday. Hopefully the huskies are as bad as people say, or this is going be be one expensive ass whoopin.

The Huskies can't play defense & yes this is one of the worst UCon teams in recent memory. Cuse should roll in this one.

The Huskies can't play defense & yes this is one of the worst UCon teams in recent memory. Cuse should roll in this one.

After how much they struggled against North Florida, I wouldn't call any game an easy win.