Gilmore "was" reportedly available for trade

YoloinOhio

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though it would be impossible to prove, and you would never get a straight answer out of anyone, I would bet anyone anything that 5 or more out of 7 of these things are true...

1. The Bills brass and coaches think Stephon Gilmore is playing way better than you do.

2. The Bills brass and coaches think Stephon Gilmore is playing his position better than Ron Darby is playing his.

3. The Bills brass and coaches think, in this defense, SG is one of the 3 most important players and cogs.

4. The Bills brass and coaches think that Stephon Gilmore is not an elite CB because of 2-3 brainfarts a game, even if he isnt the real cause of the breakdown.

5. Stephon Gilmore is having an off year in a contract year but not nearly as bad as fans think.

6. Going into the 2016 we were all but certain we would re-sign or franchise Gilmore next year but now we are seriously reconsidering and think perhaps he is not worth the money.

7. Someone is going to pay Gilmore a ridiculous amount of money and it used to be us but now it is likely someone else and we're okay with it if he is not the guy he could be, for whatever reason.

Absolutely nailed it.

@MatthewFairburn

Buffalo Bills CB Stephon Gilmore fired back at his critics today: http://trib.al/5yl5QYs

#BillsMafia
CwXTwMKXAAIcjUW.jpg

Guess what Stephon......fans can see lack of effort when they see it.

You COULD have ran down Hogan and prevented that touchdown if you were so busy crying about who blew the coverage......its a team game.

I am starting to think the faster Gilmore is out of here the better.....RR's defenses are TEAM defenses......just look at Mario Willaims and how one player can bring it down.

Meanwhile.....Shaq Lawson gets on the field in just 2 games from injury and is sacking Tom Brady

Guess what Stephon......fans can see lack of effort when they see it.

You COULD have ran down Hogan and prevented that touchdown if you were so busy crying about who blew the coverage......its a team game.

I am starting to think the faster Gilmore is out of here the better.....RR's defenses are TEAM defenses......just look at Mario Willaims and how one player can bring it down.

Meanwhile.....Shaq Lawson gets on the field in just 2 games from injury and is sacking Tom Brady

i see people saying that it was a bad look but are we up to him actually passing up a tackle he couldve made?

i will say for gilmore -- if he signs a deal like hes looking for, he will be hearing from fans on every catch he gives up for the rest of his career. he better get better at tuning it out because it seems like its in his (and his wifes) head.

i see people saying that it was a bad look but are we up to him actually passing up a tackle he couldve made?

i will say for gilmore -- if he signs a deal like hes looking for, he will be hearing from fans on every catch he gives up for the rest of his career. he better get better at tuning it out because it seems like its in his (and his wifes) head.

Stephon does not strike me as the kind of guy who is gonna play BETTER after receiving a huge contract. That scares the hell out of me....lets not let players like Loraz and Z. Brown get away while trying to pay this guy. Those two vets get it.

Gilmore is literally shying away from contact....I am seeing a lot of things in his game that remind a LOT of what Mario Williams was doing last year.

he better get better at tuning it out because it seems like its in his (and his wifes) head.

If someone I didn't know told me to kill myself because I wasn't doing my job to their level of satisfaction, I might let it get in my head too.

Nothing he said about his critics was wrong. Some of them crossed the line in recent days.

Stephon does not strike me as the kind of guy who is gonna play BETTER after receiving a huge contract. That scares the hell out of me....lets not let players like Loraz and Z. Brown get away while trying to pay this guy. Those two vets get it.

Gilmore is literally shying away from contact....I am seeing a lot of things in his game that remind a LOT of what Mario Williams was doing last year.

Giving possible flukes like Lorax and Brown too much money is not necessarily the answer either.

Even though it would be impossible to prove, and you would never get a straight answer out of anyone, I would bet anyone anything that 5 or more out of 7 of these things are true...

1. The Bills brass and coaches think Stephon Gilmore is playing way better than you do.

2. The Bills brass and coaches think Stephon Gilmore is playing his position better than Ron Darby is playing his.

3. The Bills brass and coaches think, in this defense, SG is one of the 3 most important players and cogs.

4. The Bills brass and coaches think that Stephon Gilmore is not an elite CB because of 2-3 brainfarts a game, even if he isnt the real cause of the breakdown.

5. Stephon Gilmore is having an off year in a contract year but not nearly as bad as fans think.

6. Going into the 2016 we were all but certain we would re-sign or franchise Gilmore next year but now we are seriously reconsidering and think perhaps he is not worth the money.

7. Someone is going to pay Gilmore a ridiculous amount of money and it used to be us but now it is likely someone else and we're okay with it if he is not the guy he could be, for whatever reason.

My five:

3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Giving possible flukes like Lorax and Brown too much money is not necessarily the answer either.

I'm already unpopular as it is today so why not double down and make myself the devil?

Flat out wouldn't pay Lorenzo Alexander anything in the offseason. He'lll be 34 in May and we have Shaq Lawson waiting in the wings. I love the guy and I hope he gets a big payday somewhere, guys like him deserve to see more than the typical ST salary. I just wouldn't be the one to pay it. Zach, I'll pay that guy on the proviso that Ragland is recovering well and will take Preston's spot eventually.

I'm already unpopular as it is today so why not double down and make myself the devil?

Flat out wouldn't pay Lorenzo Alexander anything in the offseason. He'lll be 34 in May and we have Shaq Lawson waiting in the wings. I love the guy and I hope he gets a big payday somewhere, guys like him deserve to see more than the typical ST salary. I just wouldn't be the one to pay it. Zach, I'll pay that guy on the proviso that Ragland is recovering well and will take Preston's spot eventually.

What is wrong with a little bit of depth?

I agree. Zo has been great, but has been benefiting from Hughes getting a lot of attention. Great story and I like his personality, but he is old and leading the league in sacks could drive his price tag up a lot. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

What is wrong with a little bit of depth?

Because Bills will need the ammo to shore up the S position. Rex's D has proven that unheralded players can succeed at the OLB position once you solidify a key MLB spot.

Bingo.

Doubt we pay Zach anything either though. 2 decent high round picks are going to be our starters.