Bills lead NFL in sacks halfway through season

YoloinOhio

Yes you would. And the performance of the secondary overall will diminish even more considering A. Williams is done for the year. Teams will exploit it - you can bet on it. Hopefully not this week.

yeah, though, oddly enough AW was out almost all of last season as well. Edited by YoloinOhio

If the corners were doing what corners are supposed to do in this defense, they wouldn't be 4-4.

This! The sacks are an improvement and much needed. But, if the QB still makes the completion on a critical down, then it's all for nothing. That's what happened in the Pats, Dolphins and Jets games. Sacks are great, no question. But, unless it's on 3rd down, you better be able to stop them the next play or two. Corners have been bad this year. I've post my distaste for Gilmore, but it was there prior to this year's performance. I've seen him get burned before or play 10 yards off the receiver. Yeah, he makes the tackle, but gives up a 1st down. Darby is having a rough sophomore year, so I'll give him a little more slack. Should have re-sign Rambo. He played with heart - more so than Gilmore does. AW's possible impending retirement doesn't help either and the Bills FO should have addressed that possibility in the off season. We need a strong safety. Blanton sucks!!! Terrible against the Dolphins and the Pats!

Where are all the Rex haters that pointed to this stat as THE primary indication that he ruined the defense in 2015?

Seriously. I'd like to know what tune they're humming now.

Not a Rex "hater" but the Bills had 5 sacks on Sunday. How'd the D play? Pressure is important but sacks don't tell the entire story. This D has been horrible the past two weeks. They better get their heads out of their asses because the season is slipping away and the O can't be expected to carry this team.

Not a Rex "hater" but the Bills had 5 sacks on Sunday. How'd the D play? Pressure is important but sacks don't tell the entire story. This D has been horrible the past two weeks. They better get their heads out of their asses because the season is slipping away and the O can't be expected to carry this team.

They had plenty of pressure on Brady, but his uncanny pocket presence allowed him to escape while under duress to make downfield throws on many occasions. A lesser QB would have folded under similar circumstances.

Pressure is important but sacks don't tell the entire story.

I realize that. It was THE sticking point for the Rex Sux crowd all offseason.

Also, the defense was doing a fine job of keeping Miami out of the endzone until two thirds of the way through the third quarter. Why? Because the offense couldn't sustain ****. Then the wheels fell off.

The Miami game and the Patriots* game, from a D perspective, couldn't be less analogous.

Well, if by that you mean "held them under 50 in the game Brady started" ...

No. What I mean by that is exactly what I said: we beat them both times on both lines of scrimmage.

Of course Brady was the difference. The entire difference. As he is in the vast majority of games he plays.

Most def front 7 pressures 1 Donald 36 2 V.Miller 34 3 Graham 30 4 Dunlap 28 5 Ingram, Hughes 26 7 Suh, Casey, Vernon 25

I saw that earlier today and was thinking about it when I opened this thread. I am borderline shocked that no one came into this thread to bash Hughes and his lack of sacks. He's got four which isn't terrible, but only on pace for eight on the year.

He's doing a good job creating pressure and playing the run. Shaq has looked pretty decent his first few games after such a long break. Hughes/Shaq may not be Ware/Miller, but it's a strong pair.

I saw that earlier today and was thinking about it when I opened this thread. I am borderline shocked that no one came into this thread to bash Hughes and his lack of sacks. He's got four which isn't terrible, but only on pace for eight on the year.

He's doing a good job creating pressure and playing the run. Shaq has looked pretty decent his first few games after such a long break. Hughes/Shaq may not be Ware/Miller, but it's a strong pair.

Hughes is seeing double teams this year which I think is freeing up Zo