Bills lead NFL in sacks halfway through season

YoloinOhio

Accomplished almost entirely without their best front 4 player and 1st round draft pick who is a ... pass rusher.

I never would have imagined this prior to the season. 8 weeks in they have 5 more than they had all of last season.

John Blake appreciation thread?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense

Edited by YoloinOhio

Accomplished almost entirely without their best front 4 player and 1st round draft pick who is a ... pass rusher.

I never would have imagined this prior to the season. 8 weeks in they have 5 more than they had all of last season.

John Blake appreciation thread?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense

I'm sure Blake has made an impact, but the biggest reason is RR having the stones to implement his preferred schemes instead of trying to create schemes to appease players who don't want to buy in.

That said, we've shown the ability to completely melt down on occasion.

Bills would have had 3-4 more sacks on Sunday if Pats were called for holding. Seemed like every play.

Yep. I'll tip my hat to Brady all day long, but this is two games this year where we've pretty much handed their OL their collective asses.

it is now considered "meaningless"

If you are referring to my post, that is not at all what I meant. It was actually meant to support the idea that all the focus on Rex ruining the defense as evidenced by lack of sacks is bull. Sorry

for the lack of clarity.

If you are referring to my post, that is not at all what I meant. It was actually meant to support the idea that all the focus on Rex ruining the defense as evidenced by lack of sacks is bull. Sorry

for the lack of clarity.

i agree as I'm not a stat person in general but I knew it was a huge point of contention last year and I just find it amazing what has occurred between now and then, considering who they didn't have in there!

Defense sucked last year and went down 30 sacks. Rex was bad last year.

But I'll give credit where it's due. The pass rush, with much less talent, has exceeded my expectations. Props to Rex for this.

If the corners were doing what corners are supposed to do in this defense, they wouldn't be 4-4.

With the pass rush improving you would think corner play would as well? So weird. Last year good to great corner play and limited pass rush.

Yes you would. And the performance of the secondary overall will diminish even more considering A. Williams is done for the year. Teams will exploit it - you can bet on it. Hopefully not this week.