Attention Drew Lovers. . . He's Gone

BenchBledsoe

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drew always finds a way to muck up the BIG game does he not?

252213[/snapback]

Bills/Patriots, 31-0. Unless of course by "big games" you mean "games he lost." In which case, you are correct, he's never won a big game.

I hate when people use the words "always" and "never." I also hate how nobody ever defines "big game."

CW

Bills/Patriots, 31-0.  Unless of course by "big games" you mean "games he lost."  In which case, you are correct, he's never won a big game.

I hate when people use the words "always" and "never."  I also hate how nobody ever defines "big game."

CW

252219[/snapback]

Okay SB 31. Drew was stellar in that BIG GAME wasn't he?

Which Bills / Pats 31-0 game of that season are you referring to?

Okay, in the game for NE against Pitt where he came off the bench.  Not a great performance but he got the job done.  Oh and he got a ring 2 weeks later.

252223[/snapback]

But Brady got the start, ergo it was Brady's big game and Brady's win. :devil:

Okay SB 31. Drew was stellar in that BIG GAME wasn't he?

Which Bills / Pats 31-0 game of that season are you referring to?

252221[/snapback]

Ok, so only Superbowls are "BIG GAMES?" In that case, Bledsoe is 0-1 in big games? :devil:

I'm talking about week 1, 2003, vs the Patriots. Week 17 (the "other" 31-0 game) was a nothing game with no implications on standings at all.

CW

Ok, so only Superbowls are "BIG GAMES?"  In that case, Bledsoe is 0-1 in big games? :devil:

I'm talking about week 1, 2003, vs the Patriots.  Week 17 (the "other" 31-0 game) was a nothing game with no implications on standings at all.

CW

252228[/snapback]

23-25 in "big games"......good enough?

86-85 in his pro career in "big games"

:devil:  That's a howler. 

Drew had some decent games but he hardly shouldered us to victories.

252236[/snapback]

You can't have it both ways. You want to blame him for a losing record, but when you give him the tools he is has an outstanding record. Which is it?

You can't have it both ways.  You want to blame him for a losing record, but when you give him the tools he is has an outstanding record.  Which is it?

252244[/snapback]

You really want to give Drew Bledsoe credit for the ST and D's wins? Okay.

252248[/snapback]

And of course Drew was responsible for Travis fumbling and having Denver running it back last year? :devil:

Or Travis tripping of the yard lines in the first 4 games.

252248[/snapback]

Well you're giving him the blame for ST and D losses (ie: Jacksonville's last scoring drive, the Jets' last scoring drive).

CW

I cannot for the life of me imagine why some on this board continue to defend DB and say that his treatment was unfair. FACT: DB was offered a position to be our back up next year. He "can't see himself being a backup in this league" so he asked for his release. TD and MM released him as soon as possible, per DB's wishes, to give him the best chance to land on his feet somewhere else. As we know, Dallas is the latest sucker.

Why keep him around next year and tell him that it'll be an open competition? Clearly, the decision was made to go with JP, so telling DB it would've been an open competition would have been lying to him. The decision was made because the front office and coaching staff feel it is in the best interests of this team. Why is that so horrible and such bad treatment of DB?

What we do know is that DB wasn't taking us anywhere. That was proven over his career in New England (no championships with him as starter, three since!) and here (no playoff appearances, consistent poor play in big games and against top teams.)

What we don't know is what JP is capable of.

252093[/snapback]

Yeah, that Parcells is a moron. Not nearly as smart as Tom Donahoe. Parcells only got Drew Bledsoe for free while we paid a first round pick for him. Sucka.