Attention Drew Lovers. . . He's Gone

BenchBledsoe

I cannot for the life of me imagine why some on this board continue to defend DB and say that his treatment was unfair. FACT: DB was offered a position to be our back up next year. He "can't see himself being a backup in this league" so he asked for his release. TD and MM released him as soon as possible, per DB's wishes, to give him the best chance to land on his feet somewhere else. As we know, Dallas is the latest sucker.

Why keep him around next year and tell him that it'll be an open competition? Clearly, the decision was made to go with JP, so telling DB it would've been an open competition would have been lying to him. The decision was made because the front office and coaching staff feel it is in the best interests of this team. Why is that so horrible and such bad treatment of DB?

What we do know is that DB wasn't taking us anywhere. That was proven over his career in New England (no championships with him as starter, three since!) and here (no playoff appearances, consistent poor play in big games and against top teams.)

What we don't know is what JP is capable of.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot for the life of me imagine why some on this board continue to defend DB and say that his treatment was unfair. FACT: DB was offered a position to be our back up next year. He "can't see himself being a backup in this league" so he asked for his release. TD and MM released him as soon as possible, per DB's wishes, to give him the best chance to land on his feet somewhere else. As we know, Dallas is the latest sucker.

Why keep him around next year and tell him that it'll be an open competition? Clearly, the decision was made to go with JP, so telling DB it would've been an open competition would have been lying to him. The decision was made because the front office and coaching staff feel it is in the best interests of this team. Why is that so horrible and such bad treatment of DB?

What we do know is that DB wasn't taking us anywhere. That was proven over his career in New England (no championships with him as starter, three since!) and here (no playoff appearances, consistent poor play in big games and against top teams.)

What we don't know is what JP is capable of.

252093[/snapback]

This is the most thought-proking thread I've ever read here in the entire history of TSW. I havn't seen anything that comes close to expressing the opinion that you're sharing with everyone here. Thank you very much for your time, my life is now complete.

CW

This is the most thought-proking thread I've ever read here in the entire history of TSW.  I havn't seen anything that comes close to expressing the opinion that you're sharing with everyone here.  Thank you very much for your time, my life is now complete.

CW

252099[/snapback]

You're welcome! ;)

This is the most thought-proking thread I've ever read here in the entire history of TSW.  I havn't seen anything that comes close to expressing the opinion that you're sharing with everyone here.  Thank you very much for your time, my life is now complete.

CW

252099[/snapback]

I second your thoughts Fez. The idea of bashing DB has never crossed my mind. This wins honors for originiality, creativity & best thought out thread. ;)

I'm not saying that bashing Drew is something new. What I am saying is that I can't believe some of the posters on this board and they're undying support of a washed up QB that was only with us for three uneventful years.

252112[/snapback]

How's that different then all the posters on this board giing their undying love for a QB who in mop-up duty has a 35 rating, Has only ever had one career winning season (8-5) in all of high school and college, and broke his leg when he tried to take on a safety from his own team during camp.

I'm not saying that bashing Drew is something new. What I am saying is that I can't believe some of the posters on this board and they're undying support of a washed up QB that was only with us for three uneventful years.

252112[/snapback]

Most people aren't saying that they shouldn't be changing QBs just that people are exaggerating his shortcomings.

True.  Better to relive the Kelly years a decade ago, or the Todd Collins/RJ/Flutie/AVP years. ;)

252115[/snapback]

Well, I don't know about reliving those years, but Kelly, RJ and Flutie all started playoff games. Collins and AVP were most often backups, so I don't think they should be included here.

Yes against the Dolphins in 98.

252128[/snapback]

I forgot about that. I was just reading about some guy and his wife going to cancun or something. Smoking a big joint and basically paralyzing themselves. I guess it must have affected my brain through proxy. ;)

Yeah, and he got sacked and fumbled and lost the game.

(or at least that's what would be said about DB if DB had started the game)

CW

252203[/snapback]

No Drew would've thrown a big interception with the game in the balance and broke our hearts.

No Drew would've thrown a big interception with the game in the balance and broke our hearts.

252207[/snapback]

So it's better to fumble and lose the game, then to throw and interception. Gotcha, I was trying to figure out what exactly the problem was.