[Misleading Title]Gilmore Trade

wilsonbc

Based on...what, exactly?

The front office hasn't demonstrated that they even have a rudimentary understanding of how the NFL compensatory system works. 5 of their last 6 top picks have been on defense. Rex loves DB's.

One team that might trade for him is Dallas. They just lost Morris Claiborne to a sports hernia and Jerry won't want to stall would could be a nice playoff run for them. Dez is back, do they have a WR they can part with?

Chicago is going nowhere this year so they will want picks, not another high cap guy only guaranteed for a few more months.

Chicago gets Gilmore and saves about 3.5 million in salary as Gilmore's making 9 million vs Jeffrey's 16. Being that half the season is over the Bills would be on the hook for and extra 3.5 million in salary.

Chicago gets a player they can franchise and trade, or simply let walk. Jeffrey is 27 and likely won't be around for the new younger QB who will replace Cutler.

We get a weapon we can use now and possibly resign.

Edited by Dr.Sack

The front office hasn't demonstrated that they even have a rudimentary understanding of how the NFL compensatory system works. 5 of their last 6 top picks have been on defense. Rex loves DB's.

They had 2 compensatory picks in 2016, so your first point is wrong from the beginning.

Whaley has drafted 1 CB in the top 3 rounds in the last 4 drafts combined, so no dice there either.

It's a lazy assertion.

I think the Bills finally realized the value of comp picks last year and with so many holes popping up all over the place trading Gilmore for some patchwork WR might not be beneficial long term. Let him walk in FA and use the pick. Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, Etc. are not going to save this season. I would like to see Gilmore get traded after his lack of effort and finger pointing but if they don't make a deal I won't be upset.

So does the game where he went against Fitz, Floyd, & Brown not count?

Or the game where he gave up exactly zero catches vs SF. Or the Miami game where, for some inexplicable reason, he had the audacity to give up one catch for 9 yards playing off coverage vs a slant.

Good games don't count :)

Or the game where he gave up exactly zero catches vs SF. Or the Miami game where, for some inexplicable reason, he had the audacity to give up one catch for 9 yards playing off coverage vs a slant.

Good games don't count :)

The hate people have for Gilmore is really weird here. Sometimes we overrate Bills players here. He is a the opposite case where the rest of the league values him more.

Either way, he is going to make a lot of money and not play on a team that never makes the players where he gets blamed for everything.

They had 2 compensatory picks in 2016, so your first point is wrong from the beginning.

Whaley has drafted 1 CB in the top 3 rounds in the last 4 drafts combined, so no dice there either.

It's a lazy assertion.

Getting 2 comp picks in 2016 doesn't invalidate my point. Try again.

Rex wasn't here for the past 4 years either.

It's still more likely to happen than Gilmore getting traded.

Getting 2 comp picks in 2016 doesn't invalidate my point. Try again.

Rex wasn't here for the past 4 years either.

It's still more likely to happen than Gilmore getting traded.

Actually, it does.

Saying that they don't even have a rudimentary understanding of the compensatory pick system implies that, well, they don't.

Netting two such picks the previous offseason completely belies that assertion.

And I'd say that your supposition is about as likely as a trade given that they already qualify for a net loss.

[This is an automated response]

The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.

The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

The hate people have for Gilmore is really weird here. Sometimes we overrate Bills players here. He is a the opposite case where the rest of the league values him more.

Either way, he is going to make a lot of money and not play on a team that never makes the players where he gets blamed for everything.

I do understand it to an extent. He's not every fan's dream of the typical try-hard player. He's passive with contact and perhaps a little selfish. I can't fault him for that, it's a short career. Ideally, for some, you'd have 53 Lorenzo Alexander's. Blood and guts types that get the most out of their limited god-given gifts.

He doesn't play like I'd love him to (Darby does, god bless him). I'm fine with that. He was on the wrong end of miscommunication yesterday, it happens. His actions after the catch weren't acceptable and I hope someone gave him an earful for it. I'm resigned to him leaving after the year, I just think some need to be careful what they wish for.

I do understand it to an extent. He's not every fan's dream of the typical try-hard player. He's passive with contact and perhaps a little selfish. I can't fault him for that, it's a short career. Ideally, for some, you'd have 53 Lorenzo Alexander's. Blood and guts types that get the most out of their limited god-given gifts.

He doesn't play like I'd love him to (Darby does, god bless him). I'm fine with that. He was on the wrong end of miscommunication yesterday, it happens. His actions after the catch weren't acceptable and I hope someone gave him an earful for it. I'm resigned to him leaving after the year, I just think some need to be careful what they wish for.

This sums it up well.

And yesterday was one of the few times I've seen him get mad on a field and people are using that against him. Whatever, he's gone and mostly likely going to go to a better team.

Gilmore has the Forrest Gump syndrome. He's like a box of chocolates. You never know what week he's gonna show up.

I think he has a lot more good games than bad ones. He's not a perfect player but very few corners are.

But man, I've never seen a relativity quiet guy who is a good player get pounced on after a bad games. I swear some people want him to struggle so they can pound their chest about him not being that good. It's weird.