Donny Henderson

T master

Just gonna throw this out there & see what you all think.

But last year & the years when Donny Henderson was coaching the secondary that part of the D for the most part came up big & now that he is gone they look like mere mortals this year .

I think coaching is huge & was a really big reason why Darby had such a great rookie season also t's why Gilmore started thinking he was all that & a bag of chips !

Since Henderson has left the rudder has fallen off the secondary & Gilmore is no longer what he thought he was, with every snap of the ball he is losing more & more money !

His play no longer warrants the kind of cash he was thinking he was worth when the Norman deal went down . I think he is a decent CB but he's not worth the kind of money he will be going for this time around

The play of the Bills DB"s all goes back to Henderson leaving & different coaching .

I understand that a coach is a very important role on a football team but Donnie Henderson isn't on the field holding the WR on every play and neither is Ed Reed and the other DB coaches.

Even when Gilmore thought he was all that as you said, he still got called for holding numerous times.

I know all cornerbacks do it but Revis mastered the way to do it so the refs couldn't see the hold.

Gilmore isn't good enough to cover man to man against top receivers. He depends on safety help and as you saw on Sunday when he got beat, the 1st thing he did (before the receiver even reached the endzone which baffled me) was look back and complain about something (most likely not having safety help).

He's better in zone coverage but im ok with drafting or getting a different cornerback in free agency next year.

On a side note, since Aaron Williams is more than likely out for the season, I'd like to move Graham from corner to safety. He's a veteran player who knows the playbook and knkws his assignment and the assignment of a safety is easier than of a cornerback imo. That Blanton kid gives me nightmares. He just is not good at all. I wish Nickell Robey could grow about 3 to 4 more inches (pause) but he cant. I like Robey alot but he's just too short to contest jump balls against top receivers so moving him to Gilmore's spot wouldn't work.

All in all, i agree Henderson was a good coach but players are the ones that take the field and i say, let's pray Gilmore can get away with some holding plays that he WILL do and deal with it this year but move on and save some money to get another player.

I wonder how Gilmore would play as a safety. Maybe that could work too?

Edited by HuSeYiN_NYC

I understand that a coach is a very important role on a football team but Donnie Henderson isn't on the field holding the WR on every play and neither is Ed Reed and the other DB coaches.

Even when Gilmore thought he was all that as you said, he still got called for holding numerous times.

I know all cornerbacks do it but Revis mastered the way to do it so the refs couldn't see the hold.

Gilmore isn't good enough to cover man to man against top receivers. He depends on safety help and as you saw on Sunday when he got beat, the 1st thing he did (before the receiver even reached the endzone which baffled me) was look back and complain about something (most likely not having safety help).

He's better in zone coverage but im ok with drafting or getting a different cornerback in free agency next year.

On a side note, since Aaron Williams is more than likely out for the season, I'd like to move Graham from corner to safety. He's a veteran player who knows the playbook and knkws his assignment and the assignment of a safety is easier than of a cornerback imo. That Blanton kid gives me nightmares. He just is not good at all. I wish Nickell Robey could grow about 3 to 4 more inches (pause) but he cant. I like Robey alot but he's just too short to contest jump balls against top receivers so moving him to Gilmore's spot wouldn't work.

All in all, i agree Henderson was a good coach but players are the ones that take the field and i say, let's pray Gilmore can get away with some holding plays that he WILL do and deal with it this year but move on and save some money to get another player.

I wonder how Gilmore would play as a safety. Maybe that could work too?

You can't be serious? One of the most demanding, physical and effort needy positions on the field you want to see how Gilmore does?

Edited by Triple Threat

Donny wasn't a Rex guy. Surprised Crossman is still hanging on. Matter of time though until the whole place is nothing but Rex's Full Employment For Cronies Club. And there seems to be an endless supply of them bellying up to Pegula's trough.

Edited by yungmack

Donny wasn't a Rex guy. Surprised Crossman is still hanging on. Matter of time though until the whole place is nothing but Rex's Full Employment For Cronies Club. And there seems to be an endless supply of them bellying up to Pegula's trough.

Henderson actually coached with Rex for years in Baltimore

But we have the HOF'er Ed Reed

he is just an assistant. Tim McDonald is DBs coach. It's also Thurman's specialty. Edited by YoloinOhio

You can't be serious? One of the most demanding, physical and effort needy positions on the field you want to see how Gilmore does?

I actually am pretty serious. Aaron Williams wasn't that great of a CB either and then shined at safety.

I think at least it's worth a look. Doubt it will happen but it was just a thought.

You're just making stuff up to take a dig at Gilmore.

Safety is not more "demanding, physical, and effort-needy" than CB.

You're just making stuff up to take a dig at Gilmore.

Safety is not more "demanding, physical, and effort-needy" than CB.

But a safety is going to be the force defender a lot more than a corner is. As much as I like Stephon, his tackling would be a liability in that scenario.

It's why guys like Gerod Holliman and Jayron Kearse went in the 7th round. Wouldn't tackle if their life depended on it.

But a safety is going to be the force defender a lot more than a corner is. As much as I like Stephon, his tackling would be a liability in that scenario.

It's why guys like Gerod Holliman and Jayron Kearse went in the 7th round. Wouldn't tackle if their life depended on it.

That is a good point. I wouldn't change Gilmore's position, anyway. I'm sure if he needed to play FS to save his career, he probably could.

But he's a CB through and through. Not a safety.