schmeckis

nuklz2594

the pats wife asked me why are the bills so underwhelming. i said we are schmekis...yiddish for a mess. where do we begin to change this team to resemble a competitive/competent team? are we going to keep the ryan brothers aka mo and ron? does pegula clean the place out and we rebuild again from scratch? who do we build the team around?

interesting...very interesting

Most of the faithful around these parts probably disagree with your underlying set of premises, so don't expect a ton of responses.

You ask all the relevant questions however.

I think we have to wait and see what our record looks like at the end of the season.

If our record is bad enough, I think it is possible Pegula will clean house but I also think there is a good chance it all remains unchanged for next year too!

the pats wife asked me why are the bills so underwhelming. i said we are schmekis...yiddish for a mess. where do we begin to change this team to resemble a competitive/competent team? are we going to keep the ryan brothers aka mo and ron? does pegula clean the place out and we rebuild again from scratch? who do we build the team around?

interesting...very interesting

Honestly, I have been saying it for many years, and still believe it is true.

This football program is not efficient or coherent. The Wilson "model" kept the big decisions with upper management (Wilson, Littman, Overdorf, Brandon) and winning was not a top priority. Even if winning was a priority, good luck with those guys.

Pegula kept the same model and people in place, minus Littman who bailed to work with the Wilson charities/legacy. I believe we have a GM who basically holds a position of lead scout... who is pretty good at identifying defensive talent (along with Monos to some degree).

Other than that, nothing should be salvageable. Too many entrenched people at OBD who have had a seat at the Adult table for too many years.

I don't think it will happen... but if it were my team, I would start at the very top of my organization and hire the best football-oriented executive money can buy to build the football program from the top-down. Not sure who that can be, but if I were the owner, I would be tirelessly researching and meeting with people all over the NFL trying to identify someone.

What I think will happen.... The status quo will be extended to 2017. Next year will be the same thing. Either Whaley or Rex will get the axe. Whoever is fired will receive all the baggage and blame for the past few years of failure. Whoever is "retained" will be reset to "year 1" of the "continuity cycle", and therefore somehow be entrusted with 3 more seasons, while Wilson.... I mean Pegula and Brandon remain blameless

What I hope will happen as a realistic scenario (outside of them just becoming a good team): Whaley and Rex are retained as long as possible, and after next season of after 2018, they clean the whole thing out and have a top-down rebirth.