Jeeze How unlucky are we to miss out on Prescott

Yeezus

I'm not sure people should try to downplay what Dak has done just because Dallas knows how to build an offense. After all, that's the goal of all 32 teams.

Same way I don't give our QB a free pass for missing his awful targets. Judge the play in a vacuum, add context afterwards.

Problem with doing it that way is that Prescott gets a much better vacuum than most of his comparables. We are talking a Dyson Ball, not some crappy knockoff. But the kid is doing exac6what he is supposed to be doing.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure people should try to downplay what Dak has done just because Dallas knows how to build an offense. After all, that's the goal of all 32 teams.

Same way I don't give our QB a free pass for missing his awful targets. Judge the play in a vacuum, add context afterwards.

Agreed. Dak is playing well and deserves some of the credit at least. The pieces around him help. But, Dak is playing well!

Six year starter. No.

Six year vet. Yes.

Your hatred blinds you young padawan.

Yes innaccurod would be .500

Any QB could be 7-1 in Dallas.

Best O-Line in NFL.

#1 rusher in NFL.

HOF tight end.

Dez Bryant.

Period.

Tony Romo would be undefeated if healthy.

Yes, Tony Romo is way better than TT as well. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Problem with doing it that way is that Prescott gets a much better vacuum than most of his comparables. We are talking a Dyson Ball, not some crappy knockoff. But the kid is doing exac6what he is supposed to be doing.

No denying that he's in a favourable circumstance. I don't actually think that, in the grand scheme of comparing to 31 other current starters, he's playing exceptionally well. When you apply the context that he's a rookie doing it, the performance is much more impressive.

I give the coaching staff a lot of credit. They're not overwhelming him with responsibility, they're playing to his skill set and helping him keep the offense in rhythm. In a startlingly non-Buffalo fashion, they're actually developing the kid while he's playing. If Dak ends up being a high-calibre starter, it's because of the instruction he's receiving now, under the brightest of spotlights.

Not downplaying what Dak has done in that system, but don't you wonder if we had taken Dak Prescott, and the Cowboys took Cardale Jones then we would be saying the exact same thing? Maybe, maybe not, and we will never know unless Cardale Jones plays in that system that set Dak up for success.

Does anyone think we would be having this conversation if Dak had been drafted by the Browns? The Oline, the rest of the O and the D all make a difference. And the coaches are another factor. It isn't how unlucky we are that we didn't draft Dak. It's how lucky Dak was to be drafted by Dallas and not by a team like Browns or the Bills without the coaching and the cast to allow him to grow, develop and shine.

I can agree with this point.

No denying that he's in a favourable circumstance. I don't actually think that, in the grand scheme of comparing to 31 other current starters, he's playing exceptionally well. When you apply the context that he's a rookie doing it, the performance is much more impressive.

I give the coaching staff a lot of credit. They're not overwhelming him with responsibility, they're playing to his skill set and helping him keep the offense in rhythm. In a startlingly non-Buffalo fashion, they're actually developing the kid while he's playing. If Dak ends up being a high-calibre starter, it's because of the instruction he's receiving now, under the brightest of spotlights.

100% agree on the coaching. They are also in an enviable position with Romo ready if the rookie starts to slide as well. Hopefully JJ decides that he wants to reclaim Johnny Football next season and opts to Trade Romo to Buffalo for a 5th round pick. :) I can dream.

Success comes from a convergence of favorable factors. Prescott is a talented guy, who seems smart and coachable, and has the arm to do what he wants to do. He has learned to read defenses quite well for a rookie. He also plays behind a great offensive line, has a highly talented RB to take the pressure off, has a great TE and great WR, and has a coaching staff able to help him succeed. Take away any of the factors and he'd not do as well. Put someone else in that situation and there's no telling whether the other guy would do as well, or even better.

The one QB the bills wanted to sign and missed only by a few picks

Already looks better than any QB we have had since Kelly. Whaley really liked Dak and I wish he maybe moved up a few to take him.

Now we are stuck with a QB who we all know can't win games when we need him too.

Apparently he did want him that much, Dak wasn't drafted until #135.

Is it me or are there more successful QBs taken in the middle rounds as opposed to "better" QB prospects taken in the top 5-10 picks.

to answer my own thought i guess there are that many more QBs taken later as opposed to Top 10.

They are usually one and done QB's. Hot for a year or so and then fall off the radar. You may be simply thinking of the 2012 draft (Wilson, Cousins). I can't think of many notable middle round starting QB's outside of that draft year going from 2010 to 2014 (2015-2016 too soon to tell)

Edited by What a Tuel

They are usually one and done QB's. Hot for a year or so and then fall off the radar. You may be simply thinking of the 2012 draft (Wilson, Cousins). I can't think of many notable middle round starting QB's outside of that draft year going from 2010 to 2014 (2015-2016 too soon to tell)

I guess I'm just thinking of QB's that weren't "the best" in the draft, but they end up being very good.

Romo, Flacco, Rodgers, Kirk Cousins, Drew Brees, Brady, Wilson, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Dak..granted a couple of those were in the first round (Flacco/Rodgers). Kaep to a certain extent as well. I'm just looking at current NFL QB's and not going back in time to QBs that are now retired, though Romo is almost there haha.

Edited by bobobonators

Any QB could be 7-1 in Dallas.

Best O-Line in NFL.

#1 rusher in NFL.

HOF tight end.

Dez Bryant.

Period.

Tony Romo would be undefeated if healthy.

You are a certified idiot

If your going to call me out as a bad poster don't make god awful posts like this Jesus

Dak is better than any QB this team has drafted since Kelly, stop trying to hide from the truth

@PFWeekly

How did so many teams miss on Dak Prescott, and what has made him so successful in Dallas? Column by @greggabe http://shawurl.com/2xxz

CyXxf93XEAAyKf5.jpg

Dallas has done an outstanding job in developing Prescott. They didn’t give him too much too soon. Early on, they kept the offense simple, it’s only been recently that he has had a full plate so to speak in regards to running the complete offense.

Yes, Dallas got lucky when they made the Prescott selection, but it’s because of the support system they had in place that Dak has played as well as he has. Had he gone to another club, chances are he wouldn’t be playing nearly as well.